• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

whats kirbycide?

Jono

Smash Apprentice
B(Inhale Opponent).
Walk off edge.
Watch.

Jester Kirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JesterKirby
yea, basically sucking them up and takeing them down with you. Good for equal stock when you have way more damage than them, or as you see fit if you're ahead in stock. I like half kirby cides though, sucking them up and then spitting them out under final destination or wherever and you recover while they're left in the dust. :)

Doval

Smash Lord
I like half kirby cides though, sucking them up and then spitting them out under final destination or wherever and you recover while they're left in the dust.
Most characters can survive this, though.

Synerate

Smash Cadet
True kirbycide, you usually die along with their death. very easy to do in 64, where you do a front/back slam off the ledge into doom.

Starizzle

Smash Apprentice
so im assuming theres a bowsercide too right? XD (grab them and them slam them to the bottomless ground)

smurf50

Smash Rookie
ya lol i do it all the time to my friends, but dont do it on your last stock because they will flip you over and you will die first. if you want more info on kirbycyide check out this video, its of melee and from t!mmy, easily the best kirby player in melee and probably in brawl. you can still "swallowcyde" in brawl but you cant do the grab kills anymore :( and fyi if you try to swallow cyde i would only do it if you are up 2 stock to 1 cus if they get out or you spit them out then 9 times out of 10 they will foot stool you and get back.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=phVFKAxETlg

storm92

Smash Ace
ya lol i do it all the time to my friends, but dont do it on your last stock because they will flip you over and you will die first. if you want more info on kirbycyide check out this video, its of melee and from t!mmy, easily the best kirby player in melee and probably in brawl. you can still "swallowcyde" in brawl but you cant do the grab kills anymore :( and fyi if you try to swallow cyde i would only do it if you are up 2 stock to 1 cus if they get out or you spit them out then 9 times out of 10 they will foot stool you and get back.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=phVFKAxETlg
Yeah, just keep in mind that his up/down grabs no longer Kirbycide.
Also, in the vid it shows the exhale as meteoring the opponent downwards; this is not longer done in Brawl, as exhale sends them horizontally the way Kirby is facing.
Kirbycide is still an option, but not as effective as in SSBM.

Delta Z

Smash Journeyman
Question has been answered. Thread done...
Bowser-Cide
Koopa-kaze. or at least that's what it should be called. And let's not forget Dedede's Regicide.

But don't forget there's also other kinds of Kirbycides. A couple weeks back I was facing my little bro (who plays a very good Mario, I have to say) at Smashville and accidentally used Final Cutter a little too far away from the edge. But he jumped out to airguard me, and I took him with me. :chuckle: Voila. Do-it-yourself Kirbycide.

MrMoney

Smash Apprentice
Koopa-kaze. or at least that's what it should be called. And let's not forget Dedede's Regicide.

But don't forget there's also other kinds of Kirbycides. A couple weeks back I was facing my little bro (who plays a very good Mario, I have to say) at Smashville and accidentally used Final Cutter a little too far away from the edge. But he jumped out to airguard me, and I took him with me. :chuckle: Voila. Do-it-yourself Kirbycide.
Actually its called klawmakazie

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
i remember in melee you could actually survive a kirbycide, there was just a couple frames between when you and your opponent died, and you could jump then and survive the swallowcides...is that possible in brawl still? i was trying in training mode, but i couldnt pull it off at all, so maybe im just having bad timing, or its not possible.

Vulcan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SaberVulcan
i remember in melee you could actually survive a kirbycide, there was just a couple frames between when you and your opponent died, and you could jump then and survive the swallowcides...is that possible in brawl still? i was trying in training mode, but i couldnt pull it off at all, so maybe im just having bad timing, or its not possible.
From what I recall, melee kirbycides were easier because when the enemy left kirby he went at a downward angle, dying before kirby and kirby could fly back up. Now it seems that you either have to Dair or Toadstool jump them for it to work properly, since they leave at an equal/higher angle.
That, or spit them under the stage, although this seems only to work on people to panic out of kirbycides into up-b's and hit the ceiling, in my experience.

Top Bottom