• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's 'Disjointed'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eliasopataso

Smash Rookie
I've heard this term on many occasions. They often refer to attacks similar to Ness's fair or Zelda's nair, but also to sword users. I'm not quite sure what it means, but I seem to understand what somebody means when they say it.

Can anyone tell me exactly what it is and maybe give some examples of attacks/such?

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
disjointed moves refer to moves that have a hitbox outside of the character. Some good examples include lucario's fiery moves and olimar's pikmen moves.

Retro Gaming

Black and White Thinking
Basically, an attack that the hitbox is not the "hurtbox". Which is to say, there's no posibility of you getting hurt if you're attacked in mid-attack, it'll simply clash and both attacks will be nullified.

Hoff

Smash Cadet
DanGR is absolutely right.

Retro Gaming is horribly, horribly wrong.

Hope that clears up the confusion from two completely different responses to your question.

Good examples of disjointed hitboxes are found on Snake's logic-defying tilts.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Disjointed hitboxes aren't necessarily 'attached' to the character's attack animation. Lucario's moves are the best examples, as the animations are in no way indicators of where you'll get hit.

It has nothing to do with your character getting hit or not.

Cooper736

Smash Journeyman
From what I understand, a disjointed hitbox is a hitbox not part of the character attacking. Ness's Fair is based off the sparks that fly out of his hand, which can hurt you. However, attacking the sparks won't hurt Ness.

According to SmashWiki,
Disjointed hitbox describes an attacking red collision bubble that is not attached to the vulnerable yellow bubble. These are generally found on weapons, like swords or hammers. A disjointed hitbox, if attacked, cannot hurt the character. For example, If Marth attacks Ness's PK Fire with his forward smash, Marth will not be affected. However, if Mario punches the PK Fire, he will sustain damage.

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966
"Gimpyfish62:characters that can win tournaments: snake
characters that cant win tournaments where snake is present: everyone except snake
characters that can win tournaments where snake isn't present: everyone
Zink: you are forgetting someone...name starts with a W and it isn't "wario".
Gimpyfish62: wsnake is not a character"

lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom