• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Whats about a Mario Party stage.

fleapy

Smash Journeyman
They are many stages in the Mario party games...so maybe the stage could start out as a

- Simple board...nothing special about it atoll.

But later in the game it could transform into, say, the pirate levelfrom mario paty 5.

- it would keep transforming, similar to the pokemon stadium level in ssbm.

And it could have " happenings" every now and then a giant boulder comes out...easy to dodge, but dealing massive damge to anyone in the way.

Bones0

Smash Legend
Why not? I'm open to basically any ideas because Smash is one of those games that seems to be infinitely expandable in features and playability.

yorpy

Smash Journeyman
sure, why not, they may already have about 6 transforming levels like that anyways though

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Ugh, too many Mario Parties...

IMO the only good Mario Party games were 1, 2, and 3, all from the N64. Those were fun, and there wasn't a rainbow seen on every other screen. That's when they still had the heart and innovation to make a great Mario Party, but ever since number 4, it feels like they've been coming up short and running out of ideas. I guess there could MAYBE be a Mario Party stage, but I'm not really expecting it, since the Mario Kart one looks cooler. It would be Mario Party's chance to redeem itself! I guess it'd be kinda interesting to take all the rainbows and lollipops and crush them to the ground in the world of Smash.

fleapy

Smash Journeyman
The best was definitley 3...but 8 might be ok, what with added wii controls. If they could take the best ideas from every mario party...what a rainbow lolipop stage that would be ( rainbow lolipop meaning good).

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
A Mario party stage would be good. i agree 1, 2, and 3 were the best. i gave up on mario parties until i played 7 which felt different to me. it reminded me of the older mario parties. anyway it would be interesting to see how they would work it into brawl. things always seem to work in the ssb series.

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
The art style is definetly changing in Mario Party 8. I was getting rather irritated at Hudson and Nintendo's approach in the style of backrounds in the past few Mario Party games (they are WAY too bright and WAY too colorful, totally clashes.)

Now, in many of the screens I have seen, the backrounds are much more realistic and depict more of OUR world, and Mario and the gang, still colorful as usual, are complimented and stand out more in these more realistic enviornments.

As far as a Mario Party stage, I'm against it. There are way too many levels that are virtually all the same, just with a different theme. Nothing really stands out in my head as for as a level goes, except for Peach's Birthday Cake in Mario Party 1, but I'd much rather have her castle as an arena rather than a large birthday cake.

Top Bottom