• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Whats a good starting character for melee

Mudplex

Smash Rookie
hello so im new to competitive melee and i want to play a starting character or easy character to go against in slippi and in tournaments, is there an easy character to start as?

RazeriaN

Smash Cadet
I would recommend c.falcon, sheik or marth to learn the game. But honestly, just play whoever you find the most fun.

FazDude

Smash Master
If you want an introductory character, I'd pick Yoshi, who's a solid B+ tier all-arounder. I'd usually suggest Mario, but given how you specify you want to use this character in tournament play, I figured you'd like a B+ tier character as opposed to C+ one (not that Mario's without merit; He's a great beginner character!)

Mudplex

Smash Rookie
If you want an introductory character, I'd pick Yoshi, who's a solid B+ tier all-arounder. I'd usually suggest Mario, but given how you specify you want to use this character in tournament play, I figured you'd like a B+ tier character as opposed to C+ one (not that Mario's without merit; He's a great beginner character!)
I'll try that tysm

Top Bottom