• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What would you want most in PM?

NiZMO LS1

Smash Cadet
Wii Netplay. With mandatory lan adapter servers. Would also be nice to host a 1v1 and everyone that is currently on the server can see that you're hosting and join.

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Alternate moveset data within the files used to contain the alternate costumes/recolors etc. I remember when 3.0 first launched, Doc's cape glide sent him at a low diagonal angle through the air, which is quite the glitch for what one would assume is just a costume. I'd really like to see the full extent of what could be done with this phenomena, because I think it would be flat out awesome to switch between Doc and Mario's Melee-based movesets with the flip of a costume. This could feasibly be done with Toon/Young Link too, if you were to somehow give each costume a slightly altered set of animation calls to compensate for stature differences.

Last edited:

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
The ability to tech grabs. I want that in every Smash game tbh. I abuse Shield grab too often.
I'd like something similar. I believe generally weaker shields that recover along a readable trajectory would do the meta game wonders. Also, the reintroduction of lightshielding with a more distinct nuance shouldn't hurt, either.

More aerial versatility and gap closers (offensive techniques only) would probably help the meta from fast tracking to its inevitably defensive end.

More ground moves with set knockback. Keep the game's pace relevant by correlating set knockback moves' effects with percentage in ways besides knockback.

A general deviation from shffling. See 3.0 Lucas as a reference for why this trend stinks.

Last edited:

Granfalloon

Smash Cadet
Simon.
Simon. Belmont.
To reduce risk of potential future DLC/Newcomer crossover with Smash4/5/6/etc. They could use Trevor, Richter or Julius too.

Last edited:

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
How about one thing I'd remove? I'd take out footstooling as a universal mechanic, maybe letting a few characters keep it as a character-specific thing, like how only some characters have the DJC mechanic.

TreK

Is "that guy"
Hmm, probably custom stages and/or replays. Things that were lost from Brawl basically.

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
I know it's soon but when he drops I'm changing that little Mario icon to Knuckles so I blast off to those awful amazing corny SA2 songs and of course Unknown from M.E. and other variants lmao. Finally having an excuse (also cause Knuckles was baller in Sonic 3 and Knuckles (and Knuckles) and is generally still good)

Last edited:

1000g2g3g4g800999

Smash Journeyman
Brawl manual shield release lag, Smash 64 teleports, DACUS changed to be jumpsquat based again but given 2 additional frames for input, invincible jumpsquat from shield. A bunch of character specific stuff.

Saproling

Smash Journeyman
No Melee top tier bias of not being open to change so fox doesn't always have remain on top of things for the most part and Puff can get changes so she would be able to compete.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
A non-violent way to permanently shut up whiners.
(yes, beating them up works, but that's against the law~)

Last edited:

Samuch

Smash Cadet
For the scene to continue. Lately it's been questionable. Don't die, PM.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

^This as menu music for 4.0.

v And this sound clip to play when Knux is hit hard or dies.

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
upload_2015-1-27_13-5-50.png

Seriously. I don't mean to start any wars. I don't mean to spite people. I'm not begging for Ridley to be in. I honestly like the character and would like him in PM. simple as that. If they're anything wrong with liking Ridley, feel free to give me a warning and delete the post. I won't argue it. I'll just simply say this:

I want Ridley in PM. Anything wrong with wanting a big winged creature in? Anything wrong with wanting a purple ravenous murderous recurring dragon in a fanmade mod? Anything wrong with wanting a boss character in?

Definitely not spiting you

1000g2g3g4g800999

Smash Journeyman
View attachment 37075
Seriously. I don't mean to start any wars. I don't mean to spite people. I'm not begging for Ridley to be in. I honestly like the character and would like him in PM. simple as that. If they're anything wrong with liking Ridley, feel free to give me a warning and delete the post. I won't argue it. I'll just simply say this:

I want Ridley in PM. Anything wrong with wanting a big winged creature in? Anything wrong with wanting a purple ravenous murderous recurring dragon in a fanmade mod? Anything wrong with wanting a boss character in?

Definitely not spiting you
He's too big.

Phaiyte

Smash Ace
Simon.
Simon. Belmont.
To reduce risk of potential future DLC/Newcomer crossover with Smash4/5/6/etc. They could use Trevor, Richter or Julius too.
I've actually thought of this a lot and I just called it plain ol' "Belmont" for a general term. Just give him typical garb, a couple subweapons on B attacks like the knife on neutral, holy water on down, and the boomerang cross on sideB. UpB would be Roc's Feather or whatever it was that made the characters jump high. Spinny whip as a multijab, Circle of the Moon tackle and slide as a dash attack and dtilt respectively. Head stomp as dair, backdash animation for shield rolls, etc. Bunch of really good ideas.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
because a windbox on utaunt isn't as styling as laughing as you stomp people in the head. we have to choose our buffs carefully here, lest ganon's swag goes too far.

Top Bottom