• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Would You Tell Your Past Self?

Chinaux

Smash Ace
I would tell my past self to be more interested in non-video game things. I'd tell my past self to establish good study habits as well.

What about you?

D

Deleted member 269706

Not to take life so seriously. No one make it out alive anyways.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
They're all viable

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Quit touching yourself so much

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I would murder my past self. :040:

j/k

Or not.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
This depends on how far back we are talking. I'd like to go back a couple years and tell myself

A) NOT to entertain the idea of new Zelda characters in Smash

B) Tell myself the newcomers in the upcoming Smash Bros so I could perfectly predict them all

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
To never make Youtube videos with Windows Movie Maker and to not post serious comments on Youtube.

SilentBob

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SgtFirestarter
3DS FC
1435-4126-3817
To stop being a lazy ******* and start lifting weights. I wouldn't have been the out of shape and depressed mess I was during my early 20s and would have probably did the things I always wanted to do before starting my career.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
I would tell my past self, all those girls talking to you, are into you.

CanadianTurtle

Smash Rookie
I would tell my past self to "NEVER try to fit into the cool group." I was one of those nerdy kids in highschool. I hung out with other nerds for the first 2 years and had an awesome time, met amazing people. But ever since 11th grade, I had this urge to meet girls, go to parties, and become what they call "popular." I wasted a whole year trying to do that and failed miserably.
I lost so much time worrying about my looks, getting depressed because of girls that I liked, but didn't like me back. I wasted a whole year being one of those kids that were trying to be cool rather than to just have a fun life. Funny thing is that I actually looked down on people that tried to be someone they're not, even though I ended up becoming one of those people and wasting a whole year.

In the process, I sort of lost my friends, some moved away, and others I just didn't talk to anymore. I felt lonely.
I ended up moving to a new school, and did 12th grade there, but this time I told myself that I would go back to my roots and befriend people that were worth being friends with. So I went back to my roots and made friends with some awesome people in the "nerd crew" haha. I had an awesome final year of highschool because all I cared about was having fun, and not giving into peer pressures or trying to act cool.

Funny thing is, I actually did get a chance to hang out with the cool crowd at one point. And then I came to a realization, wow these people are the worst human beings I've met in my life, I can't believe I wasted 11th grade trying to fit into their crowd haha

FloatingMew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FloatingMew
"Avatar the Last Airbender is amazing, watch it as soon as possible"

I'm only 14, much of the advice I put here goes to myself in the present also.

There will always be people trying to put you down about what you love. if you really love it don't worry about what those people say. People at school might think you are weird for playing certain characters like Palutena, Rosalina, and Zelda because you are a boy but don't worry. Stand up for yourself and others, I like this and I am not afraid to show it. Stop using commas in your writings so much, it gets annoying

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
1. Melee: Stop selling out constantly, man up, and main Falcon.
2. Brawl: Should have continued playing it and taking it seriously...would've helped in preparation for Smash 4.
3. Love: She's the one. Don't let her go.
4. Career: Civil Engineering was a good, but safe choice. Step outside of your comfort zone, follow your heart, and pursue degrees in astrophysics and mechanical engineering.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I would tell my high school self to not act like a total weirdo, and work hard for that scholarship I missed out on. And also, to realize that friendships end and that nice girl you met in English class in freshman year? Yeah, she's gonna hang out with the goth-punk crowd by senior year and change completely for them and you should let her go.

Speaking of which, I'd tell myself from 5 years ago that "N" and "M"? Yeah, they're bad news and no matter how "cool" they seem, they are cold, manipulative, hateful idiots you shouldn't bother with. Also, that I'd worked harder during college and maybe I'd have been working already by now.

Last edited:

Chinaux

Smash Ace
honestly i'd tell myself that girls are actually really easy

like really easy in high school
especially them freshmen and sophomores ;]

Last edited:

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
1. Melee: Stop selling out constantly, man up, and main Falcon.
2. Brawl: Should have continued playing it and taking it seriously...would've helped in preparation for Smash 4.
3. Love: She's the one. Don't let her go.
4. Career: Civil Engineering was a good, but safe choice. Step outside of your comfort zone, follow your heart, and pursue degrees in astrophysics and mechanical engineering.
Number 1 and 4 are on point.

Do the opposite of 2 and 3. Prepare for 20 years of Melee and being cool single guy people actually want to be around.

jaytorgator

Smash Cadet
Don't stop swimming, you'll get fat.

But mainly, you're going to have a very confusing and rough time through junior high. High School isn't going to be the greatest either, but... I know that things will turn out all right for you.

So stop expecting for things to go the way you want them to, they're not. But the way things will end up usually turns out even better than what you wanted in the first place.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
"I know you feel pretty rejected right now, but there will be a lot of awesome times ahead."

"Don't trust that doctor."

The Y-Guy

Smash Rookie
NNID
onealfam
3DS FC
0173-1370-1553
I'd tell my past self o not be dumb and get infatuated easily... God infatuation ruins lives XD

DestinyDecade

Smash Rookie
1. Make better decisions.
2. Not be a disrespectful loudmouth
3. Find a job before the economy screws everyone over
4. Plan your future

Vashimus

Smash Master
"Make up with Dad already. He's not your enemy."

"For ****'s sake, dress better. Those boring polo shirts don't cut it anymore."

"Set your pride aside and ask for help if you need it. You don't have to do everything alone."

Also... tons of girl advice. lol

Last edited:

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
"Build up your self-confidence. Maybe you wouldn't be such a pushover if you made an effort to improve this."

"If you paid attention to the above, maybe your first relationship would've lasted longer. She woke you up to that. But maybe you could've gone away feeling better about her sooner."

"Dedicate yourself to your crafts and never stop. You'll end up feeling lost and not good enough one way or another."

"You should be creating something while you still have time in high school and college. You'll have something full of merit in your portfolio to cherish years later."

"Learn to not care about certain things."

"Learn to be more neutral, less ignorant."

"Stop putting yourself down. You're only as good as your attitude permits."

"Stop believing people are out to get you and nothing turns out as your imagined worst case scenario."

Many of these still carry over to this day. Maybe I should start tackling them. :smirk:

Last edited:

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
"Get your ass more involved in extracurricular activities no matter how much you don't want to."

"Build your self-confidence and be happy with who you are at the end of the day."

"Remember mom asking you if you wanted to go to another school in sixth grade? Yeah. Go. Go and don't turn back. Your life might get a lot better."

"For God's sake girl. Learn some tact. Your hair and clothes need a make over. "

"Smile more and try to be a little more friendly."

"Stand up for yourself."

"You know that guy in 8th grade who asked you out? Call him dammit."

"Embrace your creativity."

"Try to not to get so attached to video games. Write stories. Talk to people."

"Don't let a little learning disability define who you are."

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
So many good stories in this thread. So much mystery.

Uhm for me...

"Destroy that evil Egyptian amulet you have right now. It does NOT lead to good places."

FireOfExile

Smash Cadet
NNID
fireofexile
3DS FC
2363-5961-4897
I'd go back as far as I can and say "Make some Internet friends." I feel like the internet has changed me in lots of ways and I wouldn't want to ruin the excitement of whats going to happen in my past self's life by spoiling it but I feel as unhealthily addicted to electronics as I am I would be happier making some friends earlier rather than later.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
"Dude. This very nice gal will give you a ride home. When she asks if you want her number, take it. Don't question it."

ObdurateMARio

Smash Apprentice
"Stop being so self critical. If you take a step back, you'll realize people don't hate you. They love you. You're a good person. Stop making yourself into an a**hole."

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
All those people that gave you trouble in High School are jokes and you're gonna find out some things about them later on that'll reinforce that. They are nothing and you wont even have to hear about them after you graduate so **** them.

You're gonna fall in love and get it ripped out from you, but it'll be okay. He isn't worth your attention (also he's trash tier).

Last edited:
Top Bottom