• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U What would you say is the most annoying character?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IAmRyanHearMeRoar

Smash Rookie
Personally, for me, the most annoying character is Dark Pit.
I just... uuugh. I hate him. He's not even that hard to fight, he's just really annoying. Sometimes when I get angry I just leave FG and go on Palutena and beat the crap out of some level 1 Dark Pits. I don't know why I do this, I just hate them with a furious passion.

So yeah, what character do you think is the most annoying to fight?

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Maybe those who has tons of projectiles like Robin?

Kid-Pit

Smash Rookie
The most annoying thing is when you go on doubles and then two DeDeDe's sit on either side of the stage and throw gordo's to the middle. I only won by using Pit's reflector.

Mucus

Smash Rookie
Oh, I have several... I feel pretty bitter about being annoyed by so much and it's all mostly based on FG matches.

Mario for being generally hard to punish and the boring as hell utilt thing everyone goes for (usually easy to get out of but it still annoys the hell out of me)

Toon Link for 90% of his mains being spammy campers and ALSO having a utilt combo.

Cloud for being so damn campy with the limit break charge. I understand people doing it in tourneys to maximize their chances of actually winning, but in casual play why not just go all out instead of stopping up constantly to charge? It's not like he struggles without it. His matches becomes boring chases most of the time.

Sonic for just flying around everywhere

Cap. Falcons for constantly running around shorthopping and pivoting for no reason other than to look cool, always fishing for the knee or dair by the ledge. Especially annoying since they rarely succeed but once they finally manage to land it they use the "showmeyamoves!" taunt even if they whiffed all their twenty previous attempts. Also actually good Caps are pretty damn scary lol.

(good) Yoshis for being hard as hell to approach with his eggs and movement options.

Diddy because they never approach without landing a banana first.

Bayo because of the witch time.

Again, yeah I sound and am bitter lol, it's hard finding entertaining matches on FG and I only know one local person who plays SSB4 as much as me.

HermitHelmet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Hermit_Helmet1
Witch Time is frustrating, so is any kind of character with a free recovery, AKA tether characters or someone like Sheik

Copious amounts of Super Armour also doesn't help.

Thelostrune

Smash Rookie
Falco. That fair is FAIR, just like Shiek's was before.
muh stun lazor & reflectorz is also a major reason. It's just annoying to deal with overall.

Last edited:

Mr. Greninja

Smash Rookie
NNID
Mr. Lucario
3DS FC
4656-7936-6612
Bayonetta. But maybe she is less stupid to deal with post patch.

Green Zelda

Smash Journeyman
Jigglypuff.
Everyone says she's a bad character, but I have so much trouble online with its side b, even if I see it coming! :(
She's (or he's) also nearly impossible to combo properly, which doesn't help.

Last edited:

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
I'm not really that annoyed by characters, at least not to the point where I have a problem with said character as a whole.

However, I feel like the most annoying character in the game is likely Sonic, due to his awesome speed and mindgames. Rolling around at the speed of sound (read: "spindash"), pressuring and baiting opponents and causing them to screw up in neutral (read: "spindash"), as well as having so many options out of everything (read: "spindash"). I've seen people complaining so much about Sonic, and even after all the nerfs, some people still think he should be nerfed or deleted because they feel his existence in Smash 4 is obnoxious (read: "spindash").

However, you see, I main Sonic, so I don't feel sorry for any of that (read: "spindash").

Last edited:

Bigbomb2

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bigbomb2
Any character who beats me in FG. Nah jk
I have a couple that I go "Oh no" when I see. Sonic is the worst for me, but I also can't stand Mario, Little Mac, Dedede, Cloud, and Rosalina. I guess I can put the Links in there too (and I main Link). In short, a lot

Jopeja

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jopeja
Cop-out answer, I know, but... Duck Hunt. I can't stand the clay pigeon. That thing comes out almost instantaneously, and it can eat fully charged projectiles. In general, he's just a pain in the butt to fight. A player can be easily overwhelmed by a good Duck Hunt, if they don't know how to fight him. His set ups CAN be out-maneuvered, but it's a hassle. At this point, I know the MU pretty well, but... *shudders* The pain wrought with that dog is immeasurable.

xzx

Smash Lord
Cloud. He's so easy and OP. Like, all players play with him due to how easy that character is to pick up.

L1N3R1D3R

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-3822-0133-6917
For me it would be the characters that can zone extremely effectively when mastered, so RosaLuma and Olimar are my picks.

Mucus

Smash Rookie
Cop-out answer, I know, but... Duck Hunt. I can't stand the clay pigeon. That thing comes out almost instantaneously, and it can eat fully charged projectiles. In general, he's just a pain in the butt to fight. A player can be easily overwhelmed by a good Duck Hunt, if they don't know how to fight him. His set ups CAN be out-maneuvered, but it's a hassle. At this point, I know the MU pretty well, but... *shudders* The pain wrought with that dog is immeasurable.
Oh yeah I agree with this one too. They always just stay at the ledge throwing out his projectiles, and without platforms and a floaty character it can be tedious to jump over all of his stuff just to get to him. I don't know why people play characters that "should" stay as far away as possible from your opponent as possible but that's just me...

Uffe

Smash Hero
I honestly have no clue. Any character with a counter or reflector, I guess.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Zelda, because DIing up and away to literally all her kill moves is so very hard. Don't get me started on her incredible approach options, kill combos, camping, and stunning neutral! Pls just BAN•ZELDA already!!! bcuz im a bad player

JK, for reals tho, Sonic and Falcon are very annoying by play design. Both are fast and have good mixups. Sonic has an all-in-1 approach and mixup tool that is fast. Captain Disjoint just harasses you until he can land a critical aerial or Smash.

Rosaluma gets a special mention. Thankfully she's a rare opponent.

Witch Time campers are kinda gross. But that is not the core strategy to being a good Bayo. Going combo heavy and getting WT on the fly is Bayo's design. She's also easy to punish when she's going for conventional kill methods(cept fthrow omg)... Even as a slow character. I thoroughly enjoy Bayonaise as an opponent. She's stylish AND funny. Take notes, Zero-Cool Lameus.

SPTK_Sun

Smash Rookie
NNID
N-Taiyokun
In descending order:

3. Link
2. Cancer the Hedgehog
1. PIKACHU

ZafKiel

Smash Apprentice
Cloud and Corrin before 1.1.5. Thank you Daddy Sakurai, we're finally (somewhat) saved from the weebstorm of people who can't fully utilize a character's moveset.

free33

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Intelctmeatbal
Ness and Kirby. Ness because he is annoying af as a character and he has way to much physical power for a character who revolves around combos and psychic power. Mostly in looking at fsmash and Uair. Kirby because they have buffed kirby's smashes waaaaay too much. She gets a power buff every patch. I know she has approach and spacing weaknesses, but inside she has ridiculous combos. The problem is that they go into her smashes, which consistently kill at like 70%. It boggles my mind how powerful the character is. Plus most kirbys just kinda spam dair until it lands, which is very beatable, but still annoying. Both characters just seem to have too much kill power for their character types, which makes them seem really dumb and annoying to me. Not to mention two of my friends main those characters.

Mr.Seven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
The_FPG
If there's absolutely ONE character I can't stand fighting on FG, it's

NESS

He is hands down, the most spammable character in the game. His PK Fire can be spammed like crazy, leading to a side smash that will send you flying. And his PK Thunder Launch? More broken than Corrin's Counter PRE-PATCH. He needed to be nerfed to be less spammable, but that was the one thing that didn't happen. Even when I'm teamed up with a Ness player I just get... Angrier.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Better to ask this in the Advice thread and learn how to figure those characters out.

Complaint threads aren't allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom