• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What would you like to see implemented for Icey's for Brawl?

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
The title says it all.

I only thing that I would like to see done is make it so that tilts knock opponents out of Popo's grasp. Wobbling is broken.

pockyD

Smash Legend
I'd love it if they came back at all; there are heavy rumors that they are getting removed

but nana using some alternate recovery method when alone (even just a vertical airdodge would help so much) would be nice

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Broken = unstoppable, unbeatable, or so difficult to overcome that one side uses a disproportionate amount of effort to the other during a match. Tournament results and testing indicate that the infinite is not, in fact, broken according to that definition.

...Enough of that. I think they would need to clean up Nana's AI so she doesn't, without warning, attain super timing on her aerials, dash attacks, dodges, etc. Whether she's a really powerful AI or not isn't really the issue; the problem is she becomes impossible to predict because there are few patterns to her behavior. Sometimes she goes running straight through an opponent to return to Popo; sometimes she just attacks them blindly. Sometimes she stays on the other side of the level totally inert, then powershields and rolls and blizzards her way to safety when she's attacked. I don't care what the level of AI is, just please be consistent.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
Broken = unstoppable, unbeatable, or so difficult to overcome that one side uses a disproportionate amount of effort to the other during a match. Tournament results and testing indicate that the infinite is not, in fact, broken according to that definition.

...Enough of that. I think they would need to clean up Nana's AI so she doesn't, without warning, attain super timing on her aerials, dash attacks, dodges, etc. Whether she's a really powerful AI or not isn't really the issue; the problem is she becomes impossible to predict because there are few patterns to her behavior. Sometimes she goes running straight through an opponent to return to Popo; sometimes she just attacks them blindly. Sometimes she stays on the other side of the level totally inert, then powershields and rolls and blizzards her way to safety when she's attacked. I don't care what the level of AI is, just please be consistent.
MAybe somehow make her AI scale with the player's skill? I doubt it's possible but it would be nice.

WFL

Smash Journeyman
A third Ice Climber...lol jk.

More of Nana trying to disrupt the opponents edge-guard, being able to squall hammer recovery by herself (just realized she couldn't do this), having a button or button combination to tell Nana to come and try to help Popo recover.

Just some things that improve control of Nana or the overall Ice Climber's game.

chu12ch

Smash Journeyman
Not gonna happen, but it would be really cool if you could switch climbers in game...
it's not like ur Popo ft. Nana, you chose ice climbers, you should be able to use both...

Xephalon

Smash Journeyman
ICs could be like able to switch control of either climber, like have popo do something, press a button, then control nana. get what im saying?

psicicle

Smash Ace
howabout making nana stop deciding to taunt for no reason? Seriously, sometimes it is completely unexpected like this one time I was jumping up through a platform to do an arial and nana was somehow left behind on the platform taunting when popo went through and did the arial by himself.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Has that been confirmed? i mean, i've heard the rumors too but i thought that they were just that: rumors.

i heard that they were also considering getting rid of Mr. G&W and Young Link too.

Smash Master
I always thought broken was a programming flaw which produced an overpowered technique or character. If the programmers didn't intend for Nana's tilts to trap the opponent in an infinite, then by that definition, Wobbling is broken. Yeah, either make tilts knock the opponent out of Popo's grasp, or make the tilts really laggy. Maybe also make it possible to choose which direction Nana throws the opponent.

I like the Ice Climbers the way they are. Just kill the ridiculously easy infinite and they will be balanced. I don't like the idea of improving Nana's recovery. That would make it really hard to kill her and perhaps make the IC's a bit overpowered.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Simply allowing Nana a better recovery (meaning any recovery by herself) would not necessarily make the ICs too powerful; it would just allow them to not be KOd so easily.

As it has been stated many times before by much better players than myself, the ICs are floaty when separate and easily KOd. If Nana can recover by using either smash b or even an air dodge, it would give the ICs a better chance to recover and actually put up a fight after being sent flying.

On the subject of the infinate, i agree with you whole heartedly and believe that by fixing this cheap trick it would even out their game and make them a more "fair" character(s?).

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Has that been confirmed? i mean, i've heard the rumors too but i thought that they were just that: rumors.

i heard that they were also considering getting rid of Mr. G&W and Young Link too.
It's totally fake, 100%

Zeela12

Smash Ace
how about a different controling method in general? like u can temporaly controll each one of the 2, or just simply be able to controll Nana to a degree easily.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Improvements:

Nana's AI needs fixing. I don't need to elaborate on this. The two characters combined are an EXTREMELY powerful force, but Nana's idiocy breaks it all.

Nerfs:

No chain-throwing or wobbling.

I really think that's enough. As I said, the two are just insanely strong when combined, and if they lose this uncontrollability caused by Nana, through means of desynchronization and synchronization at will, they'd still remain a character with a whole frikkin lot of potential.

alpha n00b

Smash Ace
How about we seperate them?, the're broken when together, pluse, it's freaky to see them "fused" together.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
are you crazy? being fused together as one charecter is what makes them so great. by spliting them up you eliminate their de-syncing, chain throws, pretty much everything that makes them great.

however, i would like a b up attack that works with one climber by itself.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
Well, first I'd like it to be implemented that they not be called "Iceys".

Second, I'd just like for them to return period. I honestly cannot understand why people are so positive they'll get the boot.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Well, first I'd like it to be implemented that they not be called "Iceys".
ICs (iceys) is just slang used by most people rather than saying their full name (which is very long). i don't think people will ever stop refering to them as ICs, ever.

Second, I'd just like for them to return period. I honestly cannot understand why people are so positive they'll get the boot.
seriously, everybody is saying they're out. its gonna be so funny when they are in and every IC player in the world will laugh in unison and proclaim "we win, b****es. Ha, ha, ha!" *evil laugh*

on a side note, i hope they don't come back as one of those trophy things. that would suck.

Top Bottom