• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What would you like to see for Ganon, in my homebrew-Smash project?

IC3R

Smash Lord
Well this is interesting. I suppose I can talk about what I believe would be the ideal Ganon.

Special Moves

B: Chargeable projectile. Pretty much like Lucario’s Aura Sphere except it’s electric.
Needs more Darkness...
Up-B: Honestly, I think something like ROB’s Up-B would be appropriate. Except it doesn’t last as long and you can maneuver better like with Pit’s Up-B.
Cool. Gonna miss the powerhump though :(
Front-B: Flame Choke is a-okay IMO.
Agreed.
Down-B: Spinning attack with the sword. So it works like Link’s Up-B (reference at 2:55 in video). If done in the air it floats you for a few seconds. Think Fox’s Reflector only a lot slower in between.
Call it "Swordnado" >__>; [/bad joke]

Smashes

F-smash: Strong backhand attack that can be angled. But wait, it can reflect projectiles too.
Basically, a faster Warlock Punch can be his F-Smash? When he charges, it can look like his normal WP charge-up!

U-smash: I’m not going to mince words, Ganon steals Mewtwo’s U-smash. With draw-in frames for a complete attack!!!

D-smash: Ground slam with Ganon’s fist. It has a little dark energy shock wave that goes around Ganon. Do it with the Executioner's Sword (the one from his vTaunt) He stabs it in the ground, and makes an explosion of dark energy!

Normal Moves

A: Faster jab like in Melee.
YEEEES!

F-tilt: Quick elbow thrust, and then a sword slash for the second hit (reference at 1:12 in video). So it works like Snake’s F-tilt. He can jab his elbow up-ish, like he's hitting them in the throat,

D-tilt: Sword sweep. Think Ike’s D-tilt but faster and without the spiking property.
Needs more boot action, but I know we're trying to integrate his sword into some of his attacks.

Up-tilt: Quick sword thrust straight upwards.
Or we could borrow Snake's U-Tilt hitbox and slap it on Ganon's Brawl U-Smash, and make that the new U-Tilt? :bee:

N-air: Quick dark energy discharge all around Ganon. Very low landing lag.
Like Mewtwo's Nair?

F-air: It’s like the new F-smash angled slightly downward. This reflects projectiles too. Moderate landing lag. Meh....

U-air: Same as the old U-air except Ganon uses his sword. Very low landing lag.
Nah, he doesn't need Marth's fancy-shmancy flippy move. His Vulture Kick rocks as it is...

D-air: I wouldn’t think of changing the most satisfying meteor smash in the game.
ZING!

So that’s my opinion on the matter. I doubt any of this could actually be done but it’s nice to dream.
I actually agree with most of this. Honestly, all Ganon's Fair really needs is to have less lag when landing, and that'll pretty much solve it's problem. Also, I failed to see Bair included in that listing, so here are my thoughts...

Personally, I think Bair should have Ganon do his normal Knuckle thing but he quickly slashes down with his sword afterward (like Marth's Fair). The knuckle should stun them long enough to hit them with the sword. Pretty much a guaranteed 2-hit combo in itself.

Top Bottom