• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What would YOU do?

forward

Smash Champion
Here is the situation. You are Falco, fighting a Fox who just missed a tech on the left platform of Battlefield, at 50%. The Fox is in the middle of the platform and you are in the middle of the stage, you are preparing to punish his standing, how will you do it?

Marth_marth

Smash Cadet
good question i have no idea what i would do and this is probably y i suck. actually i would probably try to start a shine combo which im not great at. Also i worship you, shiz and BS you rock and i wish you the best in future tournaments.

Shenza

Smash Rookie
I'd unplug my enemy's controller.

No,but seriously I would probably also try to start a shine combo until he gets to the end of the stage,then spike him.

GammaKnight

Smash Rookie
  1. (If he is about to get up) I would go under the left platform, and depending on how the Fox gets up, I would wait for the right moment to shine -> bAir/nAir it to the left of the stage, then proceed to edgeguard the Fox.
  2. (If he hasn't gotten up yet) I'd waveland onto the right side of the leftmost platform and wait for the Fox to get up, then depending on how he gets up I'd either shield -> shffled nAir, wave-Fsmash, or dash right into a short-hopped bAir, then proceed to edgeguard the Fox.

EDIT: Well, after testing it out, it looks as if I'd have to do a bit more damage before the Fox is knocked beyond the edge (unless the Fox DIs to the left), so I'd basically do the tech chasing I listed above, begin a drillshine combo (shine -> dAir spamming; tech chasing into more drillshine combos) until the upper percentages, bAir/nAir the Fox off the stage, then proceed to edgeguard the Fox.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
Here is the situation. You are Falco, fighting a Fox who just missed a tech on the left platform of Battlefield, at 50%. The Fox is in the middle of the platform and you are in the middle of the stage, you are preparing to punish his standing, how will you do it?
Depends really.

If they JUST hit there and missed the tech, i would probably immediatly uair from under the platform, or come in from above and dair dsmash due to how it works on a downed character.

If they are stalling, I would probably play it safe and stay under and uair.

In words, I cant see the spacing, but if i was far enough i might go on the platform and smash or something, if im at a low percent, i might CC near them like marth can and punish, but its kind of situational, but id rather go for a kill or a cheap shot than a combo imo.

Kada

Smash Journeyman
In that situation, I would most likely dash to the left, and shuffle an uair. From there, maybe attempt to knock them off with a bair, or a quick shine --> bair. Eventually leading into a ledgehopped bair. Probably not the best course of action, but that's what I'd do.

If they were stalling, I would probably still do the same thing <_<, that or jump up to the top platform, and try to dair --> dmash after they get up.

xelad1

Smash Ace
Possibly shine to dair, hoping for a spike over the edge of battlefield. maybe waveland onto the stage and wait for him to get up, grab to upthrow and then either spike him over the edge or spike him onto the upper platform to continue comboing depending on DI, of course this requires guesswork, but my guess is that he would DI towards the middle platforms since no one likes being over the edge.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Jump to the edge of the left edge of the right platform, dash off and do a phantasm to the left as soon as the fox gets up and cancel the phantasm on the edge of the platform, and follow his DI with a shine > bair.

Driz

Smash Apprentice
I would try and connect a nair and push him off and l-cancel into another nair- if possible then hopefull be in position to dair a forefox attempt to return or just and edgehog. Would have to try it but if you have time to get the position needed could work well! May I ask why this particular situation was asked, did it happen to you at some point

Butters 000

Smash Journeyman
I'd ****ing Sean b that ****, mid air turn shine to face him and plant myself next to the fox shielding, waiting for him to do something and get owned.

saberhof

Smash Master
right...

anyway...shine > back air i think most of the players would do that or nair. or an accidental front air >_>...<_<...

K.C. Cloud

Smash Ace
Tech chase on the platform and grab to probably Dthrow or Uthrow/Forward throw. More likely U Throw or Forward Throw.

If I forward Throw I'll probably Jump backward and Shoot a Laser Just above and under tha platform to probably tray and catch him with one to some type of edgeguard technique.

if I U throw, jump to dair, or jump to Shine Dair/Shine Nair/Shine Turn around Bair and shoot some lasers to stagger their recovery into an edgeguard.

If I Dthrow I'll try and follow the Dthrow with a Dtilt to pop them up and do a Charged Foward Smash considering they DI toward the Stage and Fox Fast Falls. Should send him pretty far. Then Gay edgeguard him from there.

I could just Uair under the platform to some type of juggle into a dair off the stage too depending on their DI.

We should be asking, What Would Forward Do? Lmao pun not intended.

invertigo

Smash Journeyman
OK HERES THE SITUATION. its final destination. you are 2/3 of the way between the way left and the half way point of the right half. your opponent is approximately 1 foot tall and 1 inch away, looks kind of like a balloon. the opponent just missed a rest and is at 0 percent. what do you do?

mathos

Smash Champion
Shine to dair. Nothing special. Or maybe shine double jump waveland off the platform and uair the bottom of the platform but really that depends what get up they're doing.

Invertigo's is really percent dependent. . . . .

Giggidax

Smash Ace
i would either jump up and do either of these aerials : nair, bair, dair, shine

if i felt that these would work, i would double jump waveland on the top playform toward the opponents platform. trick the opponent into getting up, if hes still laying down ill run off to dair or something

Giggidax

Smash Ace
wait i change my mind, i would actually wavedash around the stage if a fox was laying down on the left-most platform.

maybe throw in a dash dance. just take my time with the match no need to be aggressive ^-^

Nightblade

Smash Journeyman
Probably a full-jumped nair to (if high enough) waveland off the left side to dair. If I were skilled enough that's what I think would work best. At 50% Fox is going to fly far enough off and down fast. Get him over the edge and waveland off to a dair. In theory I think that should kill him.

Driz

Smash Apprentice
I would phantasm off the edge because the scond he catches him self I know Im about to be thrown into a rest because he wont miss twice and I'd rather die honorably then by a puffballs hand!

invertigo

Smash Journeyman
ironically thats what i actually did...

i was gonna shl into grab then uthrow to aerial.

Oakie

Smash Apprentice
oh oh, is this kinda like jesus, when he talks in parables? does it have anything to do with a mustard seed?

ok on topic... once i visualized it, the first thing that came to my mind was to shine to a bair, but butters describes it wayy better

forward

Smash Champion
I would wave land on the platform and tech chase with a grab. If they roll left or get up straight, I would do up throw to forward smash since it combos at 50%. If they rolled towards the middle than chances are they would di the up throw towards the center of the stage, in which case an f smash wouldn't combo. I would end up jumping after him and shining in the scenario.

Or I might stay under the platform, and catch him as he rises with a jumping shine. After the shine I would waveland onto the same platform and try to combo him from there.

I like this thread. We should make this a game. Somebody else post a situation to see what every one else would do.

Oh, and here is what I would do if Jiggs missed a rest at 0%. The best thing I can think of is d air to back throw, and try to combo a shuffle n air after the b throw. If I was feeling cool, I would do a d air, then a short hop d air and land behind the jiggs, then try and turn around and grab, assuming that they put their shield up right away.

invertigo

Smash Journeyman
haha if you were feeling cool?

im pretty sure i would just dair-shine-aerial the balloon. since its impossible to kill at 0 percent, can we figure out what does the most damage? like i said before my guess is SHL-grab-uthrow-aerial. it would be nice to have a definite combo to do against an incapacited enemy instead of just charging a smash.

HylianLord

Smash Ace
lol forward i knew you'd say waveland -> grab or that shine -> waveland -> aerial thing you do =).

personally i'd chase with a shine -> aerial even though i know it never works for me cause i'm a frIGGEN NEWBBB... actually, i'd probably just chase with a uair, falcomist style ^^

EDIT: crap, didn't see the new thing with jiggs. actually thats hard... well obviously dair (late dair, like fastfall before the dair) -> grab... hmm maybe dthrow -> fsmash /chase or uthrow -> dair and if the dair forces jiggs onto a platform start utilting or something... not too sure. don't have much jiggs practice with falco x_x

forward

Smash Champion
Hey, I think D-air > up tilt would be really good against jiggs.

Ok here's the next situation guys:

You are Falco fighting Fox on FD. You are both on the ground in the middle of the stage, with you on the left and Fox on the right. You land a shine and it put him up to 38%, what do you do?

Top Bottom