• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What would you change to make Ganon high tier or better in general?

Mr.Dirkins

Smash Rookie
I think Ganon just needs to be faster. He just can't keep up with the top tiers. Better frame data, faster run speed is what he needs. He's too campable. Every time I play Ganon no matter what character it's always the same strategy. I run away, camp, wait for him to commit to something and then punish.
i think the game needs to be properly balanced so that faster does NOT equal better.
Ganondorf needs to be given different buffs than just generic speed boosts, however much he needs them.

Axel311

Smash Ace
NNID
axel311
i think the game needs to be properly balanced so that faster does NOT equal better.
Ganondorf needs to be given different buffs than just generic speed boosts, however much he needs them.
I just don't think they can make him a competitive character without making him faster. As slow as he is he has to get his wins by relying on reads. That's just not a competitive concept for a character in my opinion.

Last edited:

Mr.Dirkins

Smash Rookie
I just don't think they can make him a competitive character without making him faster. As slow as he is he has to get his wins by relying on reads. That's just not a competitive concept for a character in my opinion.
and thats the problem. not that he is slow, but that competition relies so heavily on speed. it would be easy to make Ganondorf faster than sonic, but that's not what he needs. I can't stress enough that speed is only a small part of the game, it shouldn't be the deciding factor.
We need to explore what else he needs, instead of repeating ourselves about how slow he is.

Top Bottom