• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS what would you change about smash 3ds?

RADSheikah

Smash Apprentice
-More than 2 songs per stage
-Bring in the Cut Man, Quick Man, and Shadow Man remixes from the Wii U version.
-Online Smash Run
-Better match making
-:4megaman: lemons travel further (And the Charge shot too) (this would make being a MM main easier)
-:4megaman:Leaf shield not sucking aswells as his other specials, except his Up-B is good)

Crazc

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RJB0077
3DS FC
2191-8077-5809
A lot. All the characters speeds are pretty much the same. There just seems to be a lot wrong. The 3ds speed mechanic can't differentiate speed too much so all the characters relatively the same speed. I look forward to the wii u though.
as someone who just learned captain falcon, then tried to go back to doctor mario, i can assure you, this is bull.

shogungari

Smash Apprentice
Other than the character roster? Adding special smash modes. Stamina mode where you control how much HP everyone has and bringing back the handicap system from Melee.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
-Ness, his up B needs a nerf lets be honest, it can hit you multiple times, and it does too much damage, slow characters cant possibly dodge this thing either, its just frustrating.
You have to be kidding. Ness doesn't need any nerfs The ones that deserve them are Rosalina and Sheik. His Up B is good, sure, but is no way broken, as a recoveery it still sucks. Any smash attack and aerial in the game does more damage than PK Thunder.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Regional and Worldwide online matchmaking to be separate.

Also Race to the Finish to be its own mode. Or the option to have that be the only match that shows up in Smash Run. At least for Solo Smash Run.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
What would I change:
Shrink the blastzones. No edgehogging is nice, but with the blastzones so far killing is hard as balls.
Reduce lag in aerials. Or increasing the chance of getting smooth land equipment that also have no downsides.
Fix some of the custom moves that are garbage. Also fixing other moves that are garbage, like Ness' Down Air or Ganon's Up Tilt.
Give Lucina Melee Shield Breaker as B and Dashing Assault as Side B. And a couple of A moves to make her less clone.
Give something legitimately different to Dark Pit to make him less of a cheap clone.
Instead of Final Destination clones, add a hazard switch to get rid of the stupid Yellow Devil and Birdman.
Fix stage layout in general.
Get rid of those crappy past stages and add past stages people actually like (ex. Fountain of Dreams).
Better management of the reward system ( FOR THE LOVE OF **** GETTING CUSTOM MOVES AND MII STUFF IT'S LIKE TRYING TO FIND A NEEDLE IN THE OCEAN! Even with the NinjaLink cheat is a pain in the ***).
Give Rosalina and Sheik some little nerfs.
Give Megaman and Zelda buffs.

Lichi

This is my war snarl
- Online gaming with selectable regions. I should be able to play with people from my country / continent only.
- Enable chatting even with strangers in between matches.
- Enable quick friend adding when playing 'with anyone'.
- Custom lobbies for online play even without friends.
- Include Battlefield in For Glory Mode.
- Give Lucina a moveset that differs more from Marth's. Though she imposes as him, she should play somewhat different besides the non - tipping.
- Give Robin a different dash attack. Something that actually looks like an attack.
- Remove any stall-then-fall moves in the game that are normal aerials (and not specials).
- Increase hit-stun just a little bit.
- Besides Normal and Omega stage versions, there should be something in between, that disables hazards and random movements of the stages, but leaves the general layout and platforms.
- Add 'classic' stages like Fountain
- Add true spikes
- Smash Run online
- 'Reward'-Trophies earned should not be ones you own already. Playing through Trophy Rush / Hard Classic mode over and over again for the trophies is a stupid grind.

Last edited:

Wobblerbox

Smash Rookie
the controls! my god! i cant wait for the wii u version so i never have to play smash on this thing again

YELLO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyuuketsukou
3DS FC
2509-3654-5979
this post has been censored

Last edited:

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
An idea a Facebook user had: Alpha stages, similar in execution to Omegas, but simply removes the stage hazards from stages which have them, while keeping their layout. Would be good for stages like Brinstar and Wily Castle which would've otherwise been fine.

Deadlybroth

Smash Cadet
NNID
Rngo1214
3DS FC
3265-5101-5866
-A toggle for stage hazards specifically
-More stages in FG like Battlefield and Yoshi's island
-Make gathering customs less of a hassle
-Trim the blastzones a little bit
-More stages/more diversity

umm everything... the game is pretty much unplayable unless youre 3 years old and dont care about anything
I can understand that your experiences with the game may have been bad, but there's no need to call other people who enjoy the game and try to advance the meta "3 year olds who don't care about anything."

WhiteCane

Smash Apprentice
NNID
3DisBlind-Man
3DS FC
5172-2293-0234
Online matches having more time, I want some wii U stages too especially Mario Galaxy take out SD Land worst stage in the game.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Better control configuration options. Why you can't use the directional pad to move is just upsetting, especially since that was possible with the solo Wii Remote in Brawl.

Reaperfan

Smash Apprentice
Enable Mii Fighters in random Online modes, just disable customization options. All Mii fighters online appear as the default Mii appearances used in their splash art and all custom moves are locked as option 1. In the case of two or more Mii fighters of the same kind appearing in a match, simply outline them with that glow they use for team matches based on player count (P1 is Red, P2 is Blue, P3 is Yellow, P4 is Green) to compensate for the lack of alternate costumes.

It's beyond frustrating having your favorite character locked out for any reason.

Sir_Waffle33

Smash Cadet
NNID
SirWaffle33
3DS FC
3437-3212-3786
Remove the void under peach's skirt. You know what, Rosalina's too.

Just ain't natural

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Ice Climbers, Chrom, and Wolf would be on the roster, thus making it perfection. :p
Add D-Pad compatibility for tilts and walking.
Fix Olimar.
Fix Marth's range.
Make Divine Decree (Ablaze) a music option.
Gyromite Stage

Those would be my personal issues. :p

Last edited:

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
Honestly, for the 3DS version I would just make Smash Run the whole game, or at least the entire single player mode. It's much more fun than any other mode in the game, and it'd help the Wii U and 3DS versions feel like totally distinct products. Put in like 5 stages for Smash Run and let us play it online and I'd be good to go.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
  • To not have had anything removed because of hardware limitations (:pt::popo::sheilda:). I actually liked the transformation mechanics, they just needed to be fixed like in Melee, not removed.
  • More equal representation by series. I don't like that Pit got 3 new specials, a new FS, and a clone when there are still only 3 completely unique characters among 5 Zelda reps. How many more games does Zelda have?
  • More villain characters (Wolf, Ridley, K.Rool). I know they don't fit into the whole 'cutesy' image, but the NA fanbase is big on that. And we had Wolf...
  • The choice to remove that annoying outline in Team Battles
  • Make everyone default to the default costume - If I do a fun battle with everyone in pink, I don't want to have to play another match as every one of those characters to get the costumes back to normal. Doubly for Ganon/Ike/PacMan/Sonic since it's tough to see their default in the first place.

WhiteCane

Smash Apprentice
NNID
3DisBlind-Man
3DS FC
5172-2293-0234
Honestly, for the 3DS version I would just make Smash Run the whole game, or at least the entire single player mode. It's much more fun than any other mode in the game, and it'd help the Wii U and 3DS versions feel like totally distinct products. Put in like 5 stages for Smash Run and let us play it online and I'd be good to go.
Smash Run could have been a story or adventure mode with the Hands and Core as bosses makes sense to me.

YELLO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyuuketsukou
3DS FC
2509-3654-5979
doing a tilt is nearly impossible in this game

JuanHUM

Smash Cadet
NNID
JuanHUM
mmmm the 5 time limit of smash run, i really want like 7 o 10 minutes, and the obsolete of the save replays whit every version new version of the game that come out, that and the fact that you even cant play online without installing the new patch....

Rubiks Dan

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2208-5803-5426
Quitting a for fun match because it's laggy to the point of being literally unplayable and getting banned for 10 minutes shouldn't happen. I'd SD but it's a ****ing timed match.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Momentum run and how every move sends you to the sky reguardless of percent
.those 2 things come to mind immediately
theres more too

Freezie KO

Smash Journeyman
My goal would be to bring back creative combos and greater improvisation for follow-ups.

I'd also like to see punishes become stronger, so that when you read the opponent or create an opening, you are rewarded instead of immediately being sent back to a very defensive neutral game.

Overall:

Double the hitstun.

Double the cooldown frames at the end of rolls and spot dodges.

Conserve jump momentum after running.

Character Specific:

Triple (not double) the amount of time that Rosalina loses Luma.

Increase cooldown frames on Rosalina's down-smash.

Rosalina loses disjointed up-air and down-air without Luma.

Yoshi's dash attack stops on shield.

Increase landing lag on Diddy's side-B when the move whiffs or Diddy lands on the ground.

Increase cooldown frames on Greninja's up-smash.

Increase cooldown on Sonic's everything.

Delay ROB's ability to immediately send out another Gyro.

Fix Pikmin AI and increase the amount of damage done by Pikmin Toss for Olimar.

Get rid of Sheik's needles. If the Sheik player presses B, they instead automatically lose the match.

Last edited:

Rikter

Smash Cadet
Give the Duck proper quack sounds.

Make crom's unplayability even more apparent to irritate more people.

Bring back the cut characters which also helps with point 2.

Last edited:

Maikou

Smash Ace
The thing I'd change is remove Smash Run. Give back Special Smash and move Run and Climb to Classic Mode as Race to the Finish type games. Replace the entire Smash Run stage with the Temple stage from Melee or a "Temple II" and a few others. Replace Dark Pit's cloned moveset with a more original moveset. replace one of the Pikmin stage songs with a more intense remix that actually suits a fight. All I need are these changes and this Smash game would truly be the best possible one ever.

Edit: Or, make Smash run GOOD. Seriously, what's the point of choosing whether or not to allow Custom moves if the only way to actually have a good time with it IS TO USE CUSTOMS? At the very least there should be a difficulty setting. Or, maybe just a free run mode, or a way to adjust the timer. I HATE Smash Run. It's literally the only reason Special Smash isn't available in the 3DS version, it's such a large stage that could've been broken up into multiple little stages to fight on so I can have some larger stages to battle on. Change the enemy data to be preset based on Difficulty levels: MOSTLY weaker mooks at Easy, more variety at Normal, and mostly stronger enemies on Hard with a few mooks around. That'd be fun.

Or, maybe just maybe, even give me the Kid Icarus Codecs that are in the Wii U version! I'd like to be able to hear those myself, thank you.

Maybe I'd like a slightly more unique Dark Pit. The least you could do is give him a couple of kick moves. Forward aerial? a kick. Downward aerial? Falcon kick. Running attack? Falcon kick! Dark Pit is know to be kick-happy, LET HIM USE KICK MOVES! Speaking of, give Lucina the Melee animation for Shield Breaker. I get that she's a clone, but her attack power is balanced through her blade! It makes more sense to do so!

And also, Classic Mode. Change Classic Mode back. You know what would be cool? Having an Adventure Mode type of stage in Classic Mode. Fight in one location, journey onwards through hords of mooks (To give something of a story) fight another fighter, go onwards, fight Master Core.

Speaking of, that's another thing Smash Run could've been. The Adventure mode. Make it linear, and at the end throw in the Run stage as a speeding Obstacle Course before the battle with Master Core at the end.

Overall, my Pre-Edit post is pretty much the only plausible happening. Sakurai decided "**** it" halfway through so he couold make the Wii U version the better-in-every-way-shape-and-form version. **** you, Sakurai. ****. You. Trolling b@$#%@$.

Last edited:

Lemon Girl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Maguitus
3DS FC
0147-0570-9943
Just two things, nerf rolls a little bit and making it so can't airdodge during tumble, or at least not inmediatly after entering in that state, maybe 2 seconds later. Especially the latter, I hate how you need to fish for their dodge before you can continue your string.

Top Bottom