• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What would make for a good Gaming PC?

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
If you have the extra money, it is soooo worth it. Massively increases productivity.
I'd go with 4 monitor stand in a 1 over 3 setup

Top monitor: Secondary Gaming (Maps, Stats, etc) or looking up guides

Bottom Center: Primary Gaming (Actual Game)

Other monitors: Web Browsing and streaming Sports games*

That would likely mean that I'd need more RAM and a beefier GPU since those are my hobbies.

I don't really have an interest in multi monitor setups because I don't consider myself hardcore like those people that get those crazy setups from sponsorship deals because they are a bunch sell out shills. I also don't have much of an interest in pro gaming because I consider gaming as more of a hobby than a career option and because it would not look good on a resume (I'm applying more for a job dealing with computer engineering.) Personally, multi monitors are silly because it will jack up the costs, I have no interest in using skype, and if I wanted to listen to music or youtube video, I'd stop the game. Besides, I still need to get a new desk if I wanted one of those multi monitor setups.

For a laptop: http://gaming.msi.com/products/notebook/gt-series?id=3461

That looks like a good choice for a desktop caliber laptop I can use on the go though I don't know where to buy that version of the Titan

*The reason for Streaming Sports is either because the game isn't being broadcast on TV* or I don't feel like paying for what will be a very disappointing PPV (Like the Mayweather vs Berto fight. $70? Get that **** outta here.)

**No, I will not get DirecTV. The reason is because **** DirecTV since their dish will crap out as soon as it starts raining. Because I live in Ohio (which already has a lot of jokes about the weather), keeping the signal will be impossible as soon as the week stops being sunny

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
Being an owner of a Wii U and PS4, the only reason I'd want a better gaming PC would be to play the Smash Bros. games on-line. Yeah, Tribes : Ascend looks interesting but I prefer controllers for First Person Shooters having come of age during the N64 era with great FPS like Turok Rage Wars and Perfect Dark.

Top Bottom