• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What would I need to do to turn my Wii into a P:M machine?

Rick Rockmann

Smash Cadet
Right now, I'm using the standard hackless method to run P:M, because it was the easiest. Now that I use that Wii exclusively for smashin', I'd like to try some actual Wii modding to streamline the process of booting into P:M.

Just how much can you do this? Is it possible to get to the point where you can bypass both vBrawl and the Wii's startup menu, removing the need for Wiimotes and starting P:M immediately? Where would I look to find the mods necessary for something like this (or the closest approximation to this)? I'm completely new to Wii modding, but not opposed to learning something.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Use SmashStack to install homebrew channel. Then run PM through Gecko through the homebrew channel, or install a custom Project M channel (there's on the the Project M customized content section of the fourm)

Rick Rockmann

Smash Cadet
Use SmashStack to install homebrew channel. Then run PM through Gecko through the homebrew channel, or install a custom Project M channel (there's on the the Project M customized content section of the fourm)
I'd still have to go through the Wii menu though, no? Meaning I'd still need to hunt for a Wiimote to use for half a second, and keep a sensor bar around?

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
I'd still have to go through the Wii menu though, no? Meaning I'd still need to hunt for a Wiimote to use for half a second, and keep a sensor bar around?

When you install HBC you have the option to install BootMii, which is a GCC compatible menu which can take you straight to the Homebrew Channel and Gecko/PM if it detects a GCC and an SD card when you turn your Wii on, so no need to worry about that.

Rick Rockmann

Smash Cadet
When you install HBC you have the option to install BootMii, which is a GCC compatible menu which can take you straight to the Homebrew Channel and Gecko/PM if it detects a GCC and an SD card when you turn your Wii on, so no need to worry about that.
Neat. However, as it turns out, my Wii is too new to be able to install BootMii as boot2.
Right now I'm just using that great Project M channel, I take it that's the most efficient I can get this thing with what I've got?
It's a shame, I'd really like to retire my sensor bar and treat this console like a Gamecube that can play P:M, but I guess this will do.

MaxThunder

PM Support
if you get a wii classic Controller and keep it plugged into a wiimote all the time then you'll never need to use Your sensor bar=P...

Top Bottom