• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What would Alph be like if he was a clone?

Quillion

Smash Hero
Maybe Rock Pikmin would replace the Purple Pikmin, except the Rock Pikmin can either break or pierce shields.

moofpi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
moofpi
3DS FC
0473-8866-3506
That's really good, the rockmin doing shield damage like a Mr. Saturn or something. Also doing more damage thrown than during aerials and maybe smash attacks.

Another difference Alph could have is having the randomized pluck from Brawl. Maybe Alph could have kept the current Up-B and Olimar could have kept the Up-B from Brawl or something else.

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
I would imagine his Pikmin pluck would
Randomized and he would have Rock Pikmin, a weaker purple Pikmin with more shield damage and winged pikmin with powerful air attacks but weak and fragile otherwise, replacing the purple and white pikmin.

And for his up special, on the ground, the pikmin would go forward and grab and carry the opponent and move around throw them but they could get crushed and die from the opponent's weight. In the air, they would carry Alph and throw him to the air (Don't worry, the pikmin would come back when he lands).

Quillion

Smash Hero
That's really good, the rockmin doing shield damage like a Mr. Saturn or something. Also doing more damage thrown than during aerials and maybe smash attacks.

Another difference Alph could have is having the randomized pluck from Brawl. Maybe Alph could have kept the current Up-B and Olimar could have kept the Up-B from Brawl or something else.
Exactly like Doc. Good.

This is what Dark Pit should've been, too.

Boigahs

Smash Rookie
Eh, randomized pluck would be lame. They should be more different by their normals than their special moves. How about Alph having more moves that aren't reliant on pikmin, with the lack of variance being the trade-off? What if Rock Pikmin replaced both purples and whites (they're not in Pikmin 3's story from what I understand). Rock Pikmin would be a generally superior purple in all regards, but the lack of white pikmin means he has to get his damage from up-close.
Basically, I think the best plan would be to make him less reliant on his pikmin, and give him a more up-close-and-personally fighting style because of that.

Kon

Smash Journeyman
Maybe Olimar would be like he was in Brawl and Alph would be like Olimar/Alph are now?
So much this! Olimar with the old recovery and Alph with the new recovery. Also Alph could have rock pikmin. Rock pikmin should in my opinion be a little bit lighter than the purple ones, but instead be able to be thrown a little bit farther with the side B and the smash attacks.

However I imagine Alph looking weird by using rock pikmin with his aerials.

Also I would have appreciated if Alph could use one pikmin type in order to have good priority in the air. However this would probably have made him god tier ;D

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I would love to see Alph become his own separate clone character who only uses Rock Pikmin and Winged Pikmin in SSB5.

The Rock Pikmin would function like the Purple Pikmin... so Alph's consistent Pikmin cannot latch onto enemies and rack up damage like Olimar's random Pikmin can but at least Alph's Pikmin will always have good knockback.

The Winged Pikmin would be used for Alph's recovery, not for Olimar's recovery (he gets the Pikmin chain back from Brawl). Maybe Olimar gets 6 Pikmin but Alph only gets 3 Pikmin...?

moofpi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
moofpi
3DS FC
0473-8866-3506
I would love to see Alph become his own separate clone character who only uses Rock Pikmin and Winged Pikmin in SSB5.

The Rock Pikmin would function like the Purple Pikmin... so Alph's consistent Pikmin cannot latch onto enemies and rack up damage like Olimar's random Pikmin can but at least Alph's Pikmin will always have good knockback.

The Winged Pikmin would be used for Alph's recovery, not for Olimar's recovery (he gets the Pikmin chain back from Brawl). Maybe Olimar gets 6 Pikmin but Alph only gets 3 Pikmin...?
Maybe on the Pikmin thing but I don't know, only if Olimar worked the way he did in Brawl and needed the 6 for recovery and such. I think it'd be cool if they gained a slight RNG like Peach in that they pluck Pikmin in the same order (or at least Alph does) but whether they have a leaf, a bud, or a flower is up to chance. I think that would be pretty dope. Pulling a Flower Purple or Rock would be the equivalent of Peach pulling a Stitch or god forbid a Bobomb

Top Bottom