• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What will you be doing March 9th?

Doctor T

Smash Journeyman
I'll be at GameStop the previous day at 10 PM to play Brawl in the official Tourney in town before its release. Then I'll be playing Brawl that night, and all release day. As I told my friends... "Sunday is Brawl day!" :)

Playing Brawl... duh.
Please close this thread.
People are having fun passing the time until the games release by making plans and talking about what they want to do. Theres no reason to close the thread, doofus. :rolleyes:

Senor Crouch

Smash Journeyman
My plan is to wait on Sunday until after I go to church. After church, I will head to the nearby Gamestop where I preordered my copy of Brawl. My church starts at 11:30 am and ends at 12:30 pm.

The question now is will I be able to last that long? I guess so, seeing how long I have been waiting for Brawl anyways. I mean what is another 6 hour wait. Yes, I normally get up around 6:00 am on the weekends.

Afterwards, two of my cousins are coming over to my house to play Brawl with my bro and I. So for the remainder of that day will be spent playing VS. Mode.

HuskytheGeek

Smash Journeyman
I will be at home for my first 12 hours of play trying to unlock every character as quickly as possible before heading over to a friend's house for a Brawl party. We're having about 12 people come over.

Cenedar

Smash Ace
Wake up at 8, shower, have breakfast, hang out till about 9:50 or so, then walk to Gamestop for about 10 am, then sit in front of the store with my DS and wait for another hour till it opens at 11, go in, grab my reserved copy of Brawl, stow it away in my jacket or the bag they give me.

Then I ****ing run the bloody hell out of there, lock myself in my dorm room, and proceed to play Brawl all day.

Wy do you ask?

D20

Smash Lord
I will be playing Melee... cause Melee is 20 FAWKEN times better than Brawl.

P.S. - I'm awesome.

MisshapenKontra

Smash Rookie
Laughing at everyone who didn't pre-order Brawl.

Ha. ha. ha.
since i'll be working I love laughing at people who didn't pre-order, especially when I recognize them and I offered them a pre-order before and they said they would get it at wal-mart or something.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Rocking back and forth waiting for a European release date. I don't care if it's christmas, I just want to have some sort of idea.
It'd be delayed anyway. Lol.

ZeldaSheik

Smash Cadet
Waking up at 9:00, waiting in front of Toys R Us with my DS and then mad dashing out with my copy of Brawl

BestfanZ

Smash Rookie
i will be in the tournament and i will try to win it till the end. then i will go home and play BRAWL.

BestfanZ

Smash Rookie
i will be in the tournament and i will try to win it till the end. then i will go home and play BRAWL.

WR3K

Smash Ace
waiting.... waiting for amazon.com to ship my preorder on the 10th to my ****ing stupid *** military base in germany where i will prolly get it by march 20th..... ****

JetManta

Smash Rookie
I will be on the last legs if a 22-hour flight to Australia...
Just a glimpse of what the Aussies have to endure though

Milk!

Smash Rookie
March 8th, 2008. 8:00pm.
I'll be with some friends playing Melee all night.

March 8th, 2008. 11:59pm.
We'll all hop in the car and head down to gamestop for the midnight release.

March 9th, 2008. 12:00am +
Brawl, all morning, and afternoon, and into the night.

Marie_54

Smash Ace
On the 8th i'm gonna be at the gamestop midnight release where i reserved it...
and i'll take a chair, friends , manga and my DS... Those are going to be the longest hours of my life... :ohwell:

9th - Brawl!! and 10th skip school to play brawl!:laugh:

Heh I made a deal with my mom... And my part is completed so i have nothing to worry about...

I feel sorry for those who have evil parents like on the first page... That must suck!
You guys should try to bribe them more often! :chuckle:

rove

Smash Apprentice
Eh, i've read this forum over and over.
And now i'm starting to have second thoughts on if I will actually have Brawl in my hands march 9th.
Because I preordered mine already, but people are saying Gamestop doesn't ship on Sundays...
If it doesn't, it's really going to suck..
I dont want to wait another day...

Tiwaz

Smash Cadet
I will go to the midnight release at Gamestop and pick up my copy. When I get home, I will take shower and head off to the airport at 4:00am. I will proceed to spend the rest of my day on a plane. Due to the time zone changes, my day will be shortened and it will be the 10th when I get off the plane.

Ti11erTheKi11er

Smash Apprentice
I have 2 Brawls on reserve one from Gamestop one from a small small stay in my town that you have to pay in full even on pre-orders! And the small small store in my town is damous for giving games early but if not ill get it after playing in the tourny at 11PM mine start march 8th then staying up all night and day playing brawl!

Wildman94

Smash Apprentice
Well, it shall all start Saturday, March 8th:

March 8th: I will wake up, take a shower, annoy my brother by telling him a billion times OMG 1 DAY LEFT!!!!!!!, eat breakfast, and proceed to go on the computer/play Melee. Then, later, I will eat lunch and at about 3-4, my bro and I's two other friends will come over. We will then proceed to play Melee, Guitar Hero 3, Rock Band, and Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games in no specific order. Also, in there somewhere, we will eat dinner. Then, we will proceed to play more video games until 10:30/10:45. Then, we (Me, Bro, 2 friends, Dad) will leave my house for the nearest gamestop, where my bro and I and our two friends reserved our copies of Brawl. Then, we will wait on line till 12:00.

March 9th: At 12, or when our turn comes to get our copies of Brawl, we would do so, and then leave Gamestop. Once we get home, I will insert my bro and I's copy of Brawl into our Wii and proceed to play. We will start with 4 FFAs with all items on Medium and in a 2 minute KO Fest. Then, we will do 4 of the same, except with only Smash Balls. Then, we will either do some 1v1s with no items and stock, or FFAs with no items and stock. Then, we will proceed to play through Subspace (Co-op) on the easiest difficulty to unlock all of the characters besides Jigglypuff, Wolf, and Toon Link. After Subspace, we will unlock those 3 characters. Then, we will do 20 matches (Stamina 1HP with Flower) with the following settings:

Characters: Luigi, Captain Falcon, Kirby, Donkey Kong
Stages: 10 times on a Melee Stage, 10 times on Pokemon Stadium 2

This will unlock for us every stage we need except for Mario Bros., Mount Coronet Spear Pillar, and Electroplankton. To unlock those, we will then do event matches 19, 25, and 28. After those, we will unlock all of the Edit Stage Parts under their circumstances for unlocking. Then, we will do All-Star once to unlock the Barbara Assist Trophy. Then, we will do a couple of long Coin matches to rack up 5000 coins to unlock the Zero Two Theme from Kirby 64. Then, we will create a stage resembling the "CD and Sticker Factory" stages popping up recently to collect a lot of music. Hopefully a lot of the stuff I like, though. Then, we will probably just mess around with some of the Game Modes and do some more Brawls. From there, I don't know what else we would do. The only thing I know is that none of us are planning to sleep.

Did I go into too much detail? :chuckle:

Zk Hammer

Smash Cadet
march 8th i get to gamestop 5 hours early to make sure im first in line
march 9th i will be at gamestop at 12:00, heading home with a copy of brawl, and a first place tournament certificate
march 10th i am missing class to play brawl all day. I plan on staying up for 48 hours sun-mon
march 11th no school due to MME/ACT testing for underclassmen
march 12th 1/2 day, also skipping whole day

I plan well, I think

Son1x

Smash Apprentice
8th, 10PM: Going to the Nearest gamestop, participate in the midnight realease tourney, get my game, and head home, PLAY BRAWL.

ICANTCOUNT123456

Smash Journeyman
On the 8th i'm gonna be at the gamestop midnight release where i reserved it...
and i'll take a chair, friends , manga and my DS... Those are going to be the longest hours of my life... :ohwell:

9th - Brawl!! and 10th skip school to play brawl!:laugh:

Heh I made a deal with my mom... And my part is completed so i have nothing to worry about...

I feel sorry for those who have evil parents like on the first page... That must suck!
You guys should try to bribe them more often! :chuckle:
:D My parents are very big *****. Trust me, it's their way or no way, no comprimises.

I'm not even telling them I'm sneaking out this sunday. but they check my computers history, so they'll probobly read this.

Top Bottom