• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What will we do when all the melee copies break?

Shinobi1

Super Saiyan
I always worry about when all the melee copies will break. What do you think we will do when this does happen. I hope Melee HD gets made.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
All of the copies of Melee won't break in my lifetime. My copy will still work :)

Anyways, I think that since the Melee ROM is available, we could just use the official Wii U adapters and Dolphin when all copies of Melee break. If technology keeps advancing, all decent laptops should be able to run Melee lag-free within the next 5-10 years. As a matter of fact, when all copies of Melee disappear, FoD could probably be unbanned in doubles because current computers are (generally) more powerful than a GC.

The only problem would be having a tournament-standard setup for computers, seeing as various machines may have viruses, non-standard parts, fragmented hard drives, too many background processes, etc. These excuses of hardware faults may cause johns.

FoxeR

Smash Cadet
Looking for copies of melee online and they arent cheap lol!

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Is there a way to burn melee on to a dvd, and have it run on gamecube?
If you have access to a Mini DVD, yes. I've never done it for myself, but I know it's possible.

JoeTango

It Takes Two
Been said many times but USB loading will most likely happen if all the melee copies were to break. I have 2 copies of the game and I still play off my SD card 90% of the time I play at home.

My friend is trying to get into smash and we are thinking it might be cheaper for him to get a 50$ wii and USB load melee instead of buying the game and a gamecube.

Top Bottom