• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What will it take for this game to truly be 'Ultimate' to you?

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
- Actual significant differences between Lucina/Marth and Daisy/Peach (not likely to happen)
- Plug-n-play voice chat for online play, since Fortnite has just proven that it's possible.
- Netcode that isn't atrocious.
- A Zero Suit Samus skin without the highlighter yellow pumps.
- A revised visual style for undocked play, a la 3DS, to make playing with more than two people manageable.
- A big competitive Smash scene in Portland, OR so I can really get into it again.

Other than those things, they already nailed everything I want in the trailer. I really can't think of anything more. At all.

ferioku

Smash Ace
1. Isaac, Nintendo need to acknowledge this franchise one way or another, Smash 4 didn't even acknowledge him besides the music they added for him.
2. Aside from that, add wave dashing, improve wave landing and fix up on other minor issues such as hit stun and possibly dash dancing?
3. SSE2 would be a wonderful addition add more single player content and I would be happy

If all my free wishes come true, i would be the most satisfied person ever, Smash Brothers is my favorite franchise of all time and I just want Sakurai to at least acknowledge his fans from time to time.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
I freaking love that you start off with the 8 original vets in the game. That's a stroke of genius on Sakurai's part and honors the game's roots in a way that will hopefully be fun and enjoyable to unlock. Hope the same goes for stages and such. I mean, what we have for an HD game we can take ON THE GO is freaking unbelievable and I'm so excited to get my hands on it and play with every single character who ever made it into Smash on practically every stage we've ever played on!

As for things that would make it even more ultimate:

- Smash Run HD with even more enemies, time customization, different locations from various games, maybe some bosses would be amazing

- Music! We already have a taste of some amazing music in store, with even Street Fighter getting new music, and quite possibly the best theme I've ever heard for Smash. Good God was that theme music amazing. Hopefully we get a ton more orchestrated and remixed songs of fan-favorite themes for each stage.

- Looks like we're getting a crap-ton of stages from the previous games and I'm so stoked about that! If Sector Z from 64, Fountain of Dreams, Mute City, and Poke Floats from Melee, Delfino Plaza, Mario Bros., and the Pirate Ship from Brawl, Rainbow Road, Paper Mario, Dream Land, Mute City, and Pac-Maze from 3DS, Woolly World, Jungle Hijinx, Pyrosphere, Gamer, and Windy Hill Zone from Wii U, and all iterations of Battlefield and Final Destination from previous games as alts for the Battlefield and Final Destination of this game (which also looks absolutely stunning on its own) make it in, that will be mind blowing. Hopefully we get a few new stages (BOWSER'S CASTLE PLEASE!!!) for newcomers and newer games, but I love the stage choices so far. 85+ stages is unfreakingbelievable!

- A minor thing, but I'd love to have sound bites when you select your character like you heard in Brawl. It was a nice touch that I missed last game!

- Another minor thing but it'd be super fun is an overhauled camera and replay system! I'd love to have a camera and replay mode similar to Super Mario Odyssey and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe where you can control the camera and zooms at will and speed up and slow down footage in game, plus being able to effortlessly share awesome photos and replay moments online with friends and on social media would be to die for!

- Two Assist Trophies I'd love to see are King Hippo from Punch-Out!! and the Eggplant Wizard from Kid Icarus, if only to have the Captain N villains represented completely with Mother Brain!

- A few newcomers that would make this the best Smash game of all time for me:

1. Paper Mario
  2. King K. Rool (Donkey Kong)
  3. Issac (Golden Sun)
  4. Simon Belmont (Castlevania)
  5. Spring Man/Ribbon Girl (ARMS)
  6. Rayman
  7. Shovel Knight
  8. Banjo-Kazooie
If these things happen, it will truly be the Ultimate version of Smash that I would probably never get tired of playing. I probably won't get tired of playing it after seeing what I've seen already! Sakurai and his crew and all the people working on it at Nintendo have outdone themselves with this game!

Last edited:

ssjayy

Smash Rookie
"Fun" gameplay and mechanics. I love melee but I don't need wavedashing, l-canceling, etc back. I want:

1. Good ground mobility for diverse approaches such as crouching out of dash or dash dancing.
2. Combo game. Based on what I observed so far, characters get launched too far too quickly then suddenly stops. I'm guessing this is Sakurai's way to prevent long combo chains but it becomes a game of exchanging hits which isn't very exciting.
3. Less forgiving recoveries. From what I noticed its already less forgiving than Smash 4. The "magnetic hands" (I don't know the terms as I don't follow Smash 4 at all) seem to be less dominant. I would love for them to bring back sweet spotting recoveries instead like Melee but its Sakurai we're talking about.
4. Not a need but I would love ledge canceling (where all landing lag, including specials, are canceled if you land sliding off corner of a stage/platform/object).
5. More shield stun.

I think that's all I have in my mind for now.

Edit: apparently you can't run past players in their shield? Wtf? This is according to Zero: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oL2wQv8CGTo

Last edited:

BasketballSKM

Smash Rookie
Honestly, with ivysaur back, a stage hazard toggle, and battlefield stages for every stage, this game is already very hype for me, but if I wanted the game to be even better....

1: Add Bandana Dee as a character.
2: A new subspace emissary, or at least an adventure mode
3:Every stage coming back.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Character wise:
Captain Toad. Yeah I know, unsurprising pick from me, shush.
We got a far FAR superior depiction of Toad in the new Toad counter and grapple for both Peach and Daisy which fits his position as Peach's battle butler far better(not to mention gives him a modicum of respect within the series for the first time since Peach's inclusion), but I still feel a playable Toad is long overdue. Toadette alt too plz.

Dixie Kong. The tritagonist is missing and this bothers me. DKC2, DKC3 and Tropical Freeze are all acclaimed games. Give us Diddy's girlfriend already. Also from DK, can we please get Rambi as an assist already? The fact DK has 0 assists still weirds me out.

Bandana Waddle Dee. Complete the Kirby core cast please.

There's others, such as Impa, Tingle, Slippy, Dillon, Isabelle, Chibi-Robo and Isaac who I'd be more than down with, but those three seem like big actual All Star omissions to me(okay Isabelle is too but I'm in two minds about her as a fighter still).
I'd of said Meowth, Waluigi, etc but they all got deconfirmed already so it's time to give those dreams up. K. Rool and Geno can come for others. I'll be happy as long as I got Captain Toad and Dixie alongside them.

Everything else:
Some small Adventure Mode to play through.
The ability to use trophies as a stage such as in some of the special Melee Events. Fighting atop a giant Goomba was goofy fun.
Bring back the Trophy launcher mini game.
Bring back Poke Floats and if it hasn't already the Mushroom Kingdom level from Smash 64 with the warp pipes.

err....actually that's about it. It looks like Sakurai's fulfilled pretty much every other desire with the stage hazard toggle, return of Saffron City and even giving my favourite Pokemon a Pokeball role.

Acrete

Smash Cadet
It’s already made. I’m super impressed with it as the stands. From the stages to the characters and mechanics.

I am super pumped for it.

jamesster445

Smash Lord
I'm pretty satisfied as is but...

Character wise I'm ok with what's there, Ridley and ALL veterans including Snake. Put maybe like 5 of the characters in my sig and I'm good.
Stages seem to be following suit as people have compiled over 80+ stages already. I have a request for the Venice inspired Opera House from Fire Emblem Fates.

Single Player, make Classic like it was in Melee/Brawl. And some kind of adventure mode, bonus points if its a story like Subspace but I won't hold my breath.
Multiplayer, Nothing to add here, 8 player is back and that's all I really care for.

Online, Make it work please. I'd like to play 4 player Smash online. At the very least incorporate the other stages to 1 on 1, For Glory. Also proper leaderboards. If ARMS can get it right then Smash has no excuse.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
I'm more than satisfied already. I always hated the "ultimate" or "infinite" label but I feel it is warranted in this game.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think the roster could still use K. Rool and another Xenoblade rep to be considered perfect, the roster is already the best gaming roster out there.

As for stages, I'd love to see Gamer and Fountain of Dreams return, again I feel the stage roster is already amazing

I do feel like the game needs an adventure mode though. Personally I'd love if adventure mode had alternate routes that led to different franchises based on exploration. Like for instance if on mushroom kingdom, if you went down a specific pipe it would lead to an alternate underground section that led to a different battle. Beating the stage normally would lead to say Donkey Kong, where going down the alternate route would lead to the second world being say Duck Hunt. Having an adventure mode like this would keep the game short while increasing replay-ability and representing more franchises.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Adventure Mode: I think we need that one premier single player mode where we fight something besides CPUs and other people. Just go light on the story for the new one. I don't need cutscenes, tell the story like any Kirby game would. I'm looking for fun levels, classic enemies, and boss fights. With a character roster this large, Adventure Mode would be how they'd get people to play more than one or two characters. Because nothing in Smash 4 prompts you to try out anybody unless you're collecting trophies.
The subspace emissary worked well with the dialogueless cutscenes. So if they return I'm not complaining. But even a Kirbish approach would be fine.
The most important thing is that is worth to play more than once.
I also wish a stage editor that inclides both the mechanics of SSB Brawl's and SSB4's editors. And even more.
For example you can set the speed and the inclination of the convey belts.

Last edited:

Electric-Gecko

Smash Cadet
By far the number 1 thing for me is to have Pit with his Brawl moveset.

Another big thing would be to have settings for stages to reduce or remove hazards, and to slow down scrolling and transformations.

Adding Rayman and Gengar would be nice, but much less important than the above two.

Last edited:

Overtaken

Smash Journeyman
Melee mode option. Make it a special battle type or whatever you got to do. To me that's what an ultimate version of Smash would do.

MrGameguycolor

Smash Lord
NNID
MrGameguycolor
Switch FC
7681-9716-5789
By far the number 1 thing for me is to have Pit with his Brawl moveset.

Another big thing would be to have settings for stages to reduce or remove hazards, and to slow down scrolling and transformations.

Adding Rayman and Gengar would be nice, but much less important than the above two.
Stage Hazards on/off toggle is confirmed:

Gimj

Smash Journeyman
1. Waluigi is playable.

Speaks for itself. And just to note, I've wanted him waaaaaaay before he became a meme. I legitimately love Waluigi as a character ever since Mario Strikers. He is the best Mario character of all time.

2. Mewtwo partially reanimated:
2b. Mewtwo's down tilt changes into a psychic(or non-tail whip ability) attack, and not the weird tail sweep. He has way too many tail whips. He also needs a new shielding animation, I imagine it looking like this(reference to pkmn first movie):
pokemonfacts-01-mewtwoblue-56d3d47b5f9b5879cc8d8078.jpg

And if the outstretched arms are a problem, him simply crossing his arms would be phenomenal as well. His current shielding animation just looks bad, and not stoic enough for Mewtwo. It's a bit too cowardly and tryhardy for Mewtwo. Even a simple forward facing palm is better. Probably any other pose is better honestly.

To me, Mewtwo needs to look like it isn't taking much effort for him to do the attacks he does(with exceptions). This gives the impression and feel that he is powerful(which he is), but also is part of his character. This is especially true for his psychic-based attacks. If he were to have, say, Thunder Punch, it would be okay for him to visibly put some effort into it.

Just replacing his animations with psychic/telekinetic based animations(in order from greatest to least in necessity):

[Down tilt]
Side-Tilt
Down-Throw
Up-Tilt
Up-Air

Just these changes alone would probably make me happy enough to consider it the Ultimate Smash(though that would be my personal bias talking). That's how bad I want these changes(I want this more than Spyro and Sora, that should say enough).

3. Spyro as a newcomer.
That would be absolutely insane; all throughout my Smash life I never even dreamed Spyro could be in the game(even though I wanted him), but that seems possible today. I would relish the chance to beat up Ridley as the superior purple dragon.
3b. A very close second is Sora. Kingdom Hearts is very near and dear to me.

4. Story Mode at the level of Subspace Emissary from Brawl or greater.
I feel like having no story mode at all would be a big hole in the "Ultimate" title. So many people want it to make a return(probably with accompanying cutscenes). My little brothers always tell me how much they want to see it in the next game, and I certainly don't disagree with them. Having a story mode, with a storyline, with all these characters, with cutscenes would be absolutely incredible. This is the shining reason Brawl was as great and classic as it was(non-competitvely).

5. Conserve momentum into jump.
No idea why it was taken out. So natural and fun. Always loved this about Melee, and it only makes sense. Super Mario even has it, the most casual game of all time.

6. Good shield stun and hitstun comparable to Melee, or slightly less(if too much).

7. Melee-like dash dancing.
I always liked this mechanic, but conversely wondered about it's total implications. This is a perfect example of something very intuitive for all to perform but adding depth at the same time. It makes sense and looks cool. Some people say this is a "non-committal" option, but I just see it as a way to mix-up your aggression and movement. What would be so bad about implementing this? Doesn't this promote offense? I'm open to being corrected here.

8. Strong attacks pushing shielding opponents off of platforms.
More intuitive reward for aggression, also just a really fun mechanic IMO.

9. Character-specific special smash options.

I want to play as giant stamina DK and fight 3 other normalized characters.

10. Iron-Man/All-Star Character stock mode:
Smash Tour had it at the end, Project M has it, put it in already. I want to play as different characters for each stock in a tag-team battle. This really should already be in.

11. Wavelanding with less lag(snapping to platforms will be very quick and efficient).
They can keep the non-sliding off the edge property, but I don't care much either way. This is really the only popular Melee mechanic I would like, or seems to be reasonable enough to add. This is because it seems intuitive and easy enough to implement and perform without total disregard to casual audience. I just don't think wavedashing should be implemented as an off-shoot of airdodging diagonally into the ground. That's bad design imo. That is also too many buttons for most(and before you assume, yes I personally find wavedashing to be easy to perform and I only play Smash 4). A more simple button press to do so would be preferable(if needed), but I question the need for wavedashing wholesale. We already have many options out of dash, and microspacing options can probably be implemented in a more intuitive way(if not already in the game). Let's not destroy our hands.

12. Ganondorf further decloned/reanimated.
He needs to use more dark magic and less awkward non-sword physicals. He fights like he's a martial artist, not a wielder of the Triforce of Power. The following should be changed with some magic attacks/sword moves(or non-tryhard physicals that excude power over technique):

Up-air(looks a little better in Ultimate, but still doesn't fit him. Magic is better)
Back-Throw??(It was very dumb in Smash 4, if it's the same it needs to change to some magic attack. Havent seen it in Ultimate)
Up-Tilt(Why does he have to do a full split rivaling Wii Fit Trainer? Just use magic and not such a SUPER EXTRA yoga pose beforehand)
Neutral-Air(Too tryhard/Captain Falcon/martial artsy, just have him do like a double magic blast, or double sword-slash or something)
Down-Tilt
Back-air
Down-Air

13. Ability to change controls without needing to exit the CSS.
Nobody likes having to exit out of the character select screen and waiting for the other to fix their controls. Let's cut this out entirely. Hbox made the same suggestion.

14. Better replay system.
Need to pause, fast forward, rewind, trim options. Easier to export file and share as well.

15. Revamped stage creator.
So much potential in the Wii U version, just a tad more options would make it even greater.

16. Combos should be even more prevalent than they are in Smash 4.
Goes without saying, hopefully.

17. Untechable Footstool
Unlikely to change, but I'd rather more combos than less. Not a deal breaker, but I will miss these combos. I thought footstool combos were some of the coolest things to see in Smash 4.
#BetterNerfGreninja

Have at it Sakurai, I think that's most of it.

EpicElliot

Smash Apprentice
For me its
1: Banjo-Kazooie being playable with a banjo stage & a diddy kong racing stage with all the DKR racers in the background
2:Better custome stages like the omega form of every stage & you can place platforms & things where ever you want on those stages (maybe even make custome break the targets & board the platforms that we can share online )
3:an adventure mode like melee with maybe some smash run & subspace elements added to it but a simple adventure mode with 2p co-op
4:being able to create are own custome event matches or even are own custem adventure mode (I tried to do that in smash4 since its single player was boring & had no structer)
5:Dr. Outfits for everyone !
6:better new game modes like maybe a king of the hill or something similar to cops & robers or shine run
7:better custome smash like each individual character can chose what they are like one person can be metal & one can be invisble with fire breath things like that
8:screw smash tour just give me old school Mario party 1 to 8 with different types of smash battles instead of minigames
9: a 3 on 3 game mode called VIP where you have to KO the VIP to win the other 2 players can be KOed as indefintly but the get a respawn time penalty every time they do get KOed

that's what I want more game modes more customization & stages that are fun to play on & don't suck oh & no cut characters but SSBU has that covered

volbound1700

Smash Master
Smash Wii U was one of the best Smash games. It had it all. Even the Mii Costumes were excellent as I was able to "pretend" to add the Tails and Knuckles Miis which felt kind of like both of those characters were in the game.

What was missing from the Wii U version was a decent single player mode. The Single Player modes included were terrible.

Having all of the stages would be nice as well. I get points from work that can generate gift cards. I could probably get over $ 200 in gift cards by December and buy a Switch + Smash Ultimate.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
Add Earthworm Jim and Master Chief, and give Wario a moveset completely faithful to the Wario Land games.

Add underwater combat, and EX moves (basically make Cloud's limit break mechanic universal for all characters and give them different properties and gimmicks).

Add a unique story mode for each character where they all interact with each other. Even the silent protagonists break their silence to chat up the other characters.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
There's only one more character I want on the roster to be my perfect roster and that's king k rool

And smash run and special orders to come back

And all the stages coming particularly fountain of dreams and gamer

Almand

Smash Journeyman
In order of most to least wanted:

1. For Daisy not to be a clone/Echo (Same goes for Lucina and Dark Pit, but I'm a little biased towards my girl :p )
2. Add Karate Joe. Or any Rhythm Heaven rep, really. Even better if they incorporate Rhythm (Multihit moves that get stronger if you tap the button in time with a beat instead of holding the button, teeny-tiny minigames in Specials, though that would be very difficult to implement with background music playing)
3. Add Count Bleck. This one's just personal, I love Count Bleck.
4. Costumes!!! Strikers gear for Daisy, Mr. L, Dry Bowser, Ms. Pac-Man (or any actual good Pac alt), Notch-Ear Pichu, etc.
5. Bring Customs back, but make them more like Megaman's Up Special. Rather than just "Haha, this Luigi Fireball is blue and has a different effect!!!!" actually make the animation unique and fun. Make less that are just "Slower, but stronger" and "Better recovery, but no hitbox."

That's really it. The game's already 95% of the way to perfection for me. For real, just the first one would make me cling to this game for the rest of my life.

Last edited:
With every character, Ridley, a ****ton of stages, and gameplay changes . . .it basically already is. Just need some good singleplayer content.

And maybe Viridi, Dixie, and Captain Toad
:061:

Kain6th

Smash Ace
- Every stage from alll past games playable
- Every pokemon that has ever appeared in a pokeball in the series come back
- Every assist trophy that has ever appeared come back
- every item that has ever appeared come back

hermes

Smash Apprentice
They had a massive pressure in smash 4 and they did a great job making a lot of new characters and a modern fast paced balanced competitive experience. This time they have an easier job so they have to perfect their old game.

-heavy focus on aesthetics. This game needs to look very passionate
-lots and lots of new beautiful music -non digital mostly-. Smash4 had a few letdowns on music and contributed less than brawl.
-perfecting everything smash 4 left open. Like a better balance, nerf on some defensive options, necessary reworks on certain characters
-many newcomers

No need to story mode since these are waiting to be done.

Last edited:

Arthur97

Smash Master
Every past stage (with the exceptions of Flatzones 1&2 and the metal cavern).

An actual classic mode.

Some form of adventure mode would be good. Not so story based though as the SSE's story was pretty weak.

Individual Break the Target stages.

At least give Lucina some animation changes. At this point, I might take just the idle animation, but with all the tweaks most of the cast is getting, I hate the copy and paste feel I get from Lucina.

Yitsul

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Yitsul
3DS FC
2105-8677-5210
Switch FC
5599 8083 2114
  • ADVENTURE MODE!!!
  • Smash Run with online play
  • Donkey Kong sounds like himself
  • Bowser sounds like himself
  • Cloud voiced in English
  • Music from Grant Kirkhope
  • An opening cinematic like Melee's
  • Most of the newcomers being villains

Venclaire

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, make wavelanding a little less laggy and able to fall off of platforms and I think I'd be happy with the game. Aerial glide tossing and DACUS making a return would be amazing too.

I'd love to have an event mode akin to Melee again, don't know why I enjoyed those so much. Hopefully we get Subspace Emissary again!!

AIM0001

Smash Lord
1. Since I’m Expecting less than 10 new comers. I hope Sakurai exits Smash in a huge way. The only way to do that is to finally give us those characters we’ve always asked for like Geno, King K. Rool etc. Maybe a voter polls only DLC???

2. I know we’ll see most stages return but hopefully Sakurai uses his best judgement as to what “The Best Of” stages roster should look like.

3. Offer some new modes for both solo and multiplayer. More specifically, any modes Sakurai always wanted to include but wasn’t able to before. Let this be the game!

4. One more final epic soundtrack. Mix of new and old! The main theme is a great start to delivering an awesome soundtrack! Look forward to hearing more. I’m already liking the songs they put on the website.

5. Just continue to refine the mechanics and characters themselves. I’m liking all the tweaks they’re making to the legacy characters.

Galgatha

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SinChill
Character wise...I still want to see just a TAD more newcomers

Banjo Kazooie
Rayman
Crash Bandicoot
Bandana Dee
and Dicidueye (sorry if I butchered these lol)

Character wise...I would be set with those extra 5.

Other things I want added or kept are:

World Viewer from Smash 4- I love this, it's really cool knowing roughly where in the world you are watching a match. Idk why exactly, but I just really enjoy this mode. Going from watching a FG match in Spain to another one taking place in maybe Japan or Texas. It's pretty cool and a feature I want kept in the game.

Story Mode: We all remember Brawl...and that amazing Story Mode. Please, bring it back if you can! lol

Direct-to-Youtube: It sucks that when they took away Miiverse, the ability to upload replays directly to Youtube was lost as well. I hope they bring this feature back, because I enjoyed uploading replays for my friends to watch, and since I don't have the available funds to get a capture card, this was the next best thing for me.

More powerful Stage Creator: Because why not? lol

Online Tournament Modes: This was lost as well when they got rid of Miiverse, and I hope they decide to bring the mode back. It was fun.

I think that is pretty much it for me.

Oh, and buff Falco and Bowser Jr :p

GravelerChamp60

Smash Apprentice
Character Wise: If we get K. Rool to be a playable character I think I will never ever ask Sakurai for anything again! I have been a supporter of K. Rool since the Melee days and that is because I played Smash 64 and the DKC trilogy at the same time so I always thought K. Rool would be a shoe in when Melee was released, but no.

Deep down I also want Crash Bandicoot, Banjo, and Chibi Robo to be playable along with many others hopefully.

Modes: Smash run was a ton of fun and a bit underrated so it would amazing if it came for Ultimate with some sort of expansion.
Secondly, I've always wanted mini games in Smash like the running and jumping ones at the end of Smash run something like that is what I always wanted to see.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Honestly, only King K.Rool and I'd be 98% satisfied. Impa would also be another AWESOME addition especially since I started her support during Smash 4's speculation (and even before). Dixie Kong is also great and would be enough for me even if King K.Rool wouldn't be in (still would be a bummer with Ridley confirmed and all). Isaac is a pipe dream that I know will never happen anyway... So I'll just be content with whatever. At the bare minimum, I want Dixie. If not Dixie, Impa alone would also fix a great deal... But a DKC newcomer is definitely a must at this point.

Banjo-Kazooie is also a pipe dream that I won't rely on too much.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
I'd love a good Adventure mode again. I loved and replayed Melee's countless of times, Subspace Emissary was this big epic adventure but it got tedious and there wasn't a ton of desire to do it again. Melee's story, though barely existent, had those nice cutscenes and slightly alternative routes or fights depending on what you did, and I really enjoyed the variances and exploring a little piece of so many different character worlds.

Speaking of Adventure mode, I immediately think of the bonus you got for beating all the Links in Hyrule Temple. I loved bonuses! They were largely pointless and kind of random, but it was interesting to see what you did during a fight the game picked up, and getting a lot of bonuses helped you unlock things. I think it added replayability to a small extent.

I would also love more alternate costumes, as some characters have SO MUCH potential.

Keep the Daisy alt with tanner skin for Peach, and keep that black and yellow dress too. **** was pretttyyy

Pirate Goomba

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BackburningPyro
3DS FC
3969-6919-4080
Switch FC
2859 5488 3187
Agree with combining the rest of the old content together. Stages (which appears to have been done along with the fighters) modes, music and games.

I think there should be a speed variable, even if only for offline that dictates the speed of the game from meele (fast) to brawl (slow)

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
At least 7 more new non-Echo characters.

Classic, All-Star and Adventure modes that all feel very differently.

A flawless online mode

Tournaments that function the same as Mario Tennis Aces' demo that we had

Hella alternate costumes, not just palette swaps

AIM0001

Smash Lord
One more thing I wanted to add. There are still people out there who still call this a glorified port. So I guess something that would make it feel more like Ultimate and less like 4 would be to include an Adventure Mode with some boss battles at the end of each stage. Something that exclusive would definitely set it apart from Smash 4.

Xtreme Dragon

Smash Cadet
-Wavedashing
-Melee Dash dancing
-Individual break the targets
-Individual board the platforms
-A new “great maze” from sse thats bigger with all characters and new bosses.
-Smash run
-All stages
-Non-sm4sh classic mode
-Allstar mode going in order of inclusion into smash
-Better event matches

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
OoT costumes for Zelda, Sheik and Link + King K. Rool as a playable character and I'll never ask for anything again.

Top Bottom