• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What will be the most viable Custom Moveset for P-Money?

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
P-Money being Palutena in this situation. My thoughts on this are:

Neutral: Autoreticle, do to its reliability as a defensive move.
Side: Super speed, so that she has some potent approaches from the ground and air.
Up: Jump glide, lets you recover from the greatest distances, and lets you attack to help protect your approach.
Down: Fireworks, both an offensive option as well as having super armor.

Luminario

Smash Lord
We really have no idea so far and it depends entirely on who is playing as her which custom moves benefit her the most. However your moveset seems to give her lots options and makes her a well rounded character.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
P-money is the best name for Paloo. Much better than Pale tuna.

Super Speed will be as good of an approach as Pikachu's skull bash. meaning. It won't be a good move. All it takes is a shield. and a grab. Pretty easy to counter something like that.

Lightweight for combos. Characters with the most combos will be the best in this game. Guaranteed. As long as this move isn't used at high percents Palutena should be able to use this to string combos/techchasing safely and not get killed easily. Very useful. Probably her best move if it can be used properly.

Next, any of her recovery moves are good except for maybe rocket jump. Unless you're the type that likes to up-b out of shield. Kind of a lame recovery. Jumpglide would be the best one for my playstyle if it lets you do ariels as well. Like Peach's second jump. If not then it depends on how much invincibility Warp gives to justify it's Zelda-iness. If its just like Zelda's but with invincibility and no attack power (meaning in gets caught on ledges) than it probably won't be any good. Rocket jump looks like a kill move but its recovery potential seems like Little Mac's hahaha. So.... not very good.
Recovery wise it seems like
1.Jumpglide
2.Warp
3.Rocketjump
But this is more of a play-style difference than an actual "One move is better than the other" scenario.

Neutral B's. Auto-reticle is the best one from what I see. It would be good for camping. Too bad we don't know about the ending lag for this move. It could make it a bad move. From what I've seen so far it's probably the best one. But, since Explosive flame holds the opponent (like PK fire) that seems to be a good move to get grabs out of or even kill moves since you can do a running f-smash in this game. Heavenly light? Nah. Only for Free for alls hahaha. I can see it being a good move in that scenario. Other than that I'd say for Neutral B's
1.Auto-Reticle
2.Explosive Flame
These two seem pretty decent. I may change my mind later and put Explosive flame over Auto-reticle.

Reflect is the best of her side specials. Reflect can also be a good tool for edge-guarding. Only because the other options are so poor. Super Speed and Angelic Missile? nah... If you can do another special after Angelic Missile while recovering than maybe. But if you get hit once and then free fall? Nope. That's really vulnerable if its like that.

Optimal Custom moveset (in my opinion)

Down-B: Lightweight
Up-B: Jumpglide/Warp/Rocket-Jump (depending on play-style)
Neutral B: Auto-Reticle/Explosive flame
Side B: Reflect

Of course this is me assuming things about the moves that we don't even know yet.

Last edited:

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
P-money is the best name for Paloo. Much better than Pale tuna.

Super Speed will be as good of an approach as Pikachu's skull bash. meaning. It won't be a good move. All it takes is a shield. and a grab. Pretty easy to counter something like that.

Lightweight for combos. Characters with the most combos will be the best in this game. Guaranteed. As long as this move isn't used at high percents Palutena should be able to use this to string combos/techchasing safely and not get killed easily. Very useful. Probably her best move if it can be used properly.

Next, any of her recovery moves are good except for maybe rocket jump. Unless you're the type that likes to up-b out of shield. Kind of a lame recovery. Jumpglide would be the best one for my playstyle if it lets you do ariels as well. Like Peach's second jump. If not then it depends on how much invincibility Warp gives to justify it's Zelda-iness. If its just like Zelda's but with invincibility and no attack power (meaning in gets caught on ledges) than it probably won't be any good. Rocket jump looks like a kill move but its recovery potential seems like Little Mac's hahaha. So.... not very good.
Recovery wise it seems like
1.Jumpglide
2.Warp
3.Rocketjump
But this is more of a play-style difference than an actual "One move is better than the other" scenario.

Neutral B's. Auto-reticle is the best one from what I see. It would be good for camping. Too bad we don't know about the ending lag for this move. It could make it a bad move. From what I've seen so far it's probably the best one. But, since Explosive flame holds the opponent (like PK fire) that seems to be a good move to get grabs out of or even kill moves since you can do a running f-smash in this game. Heavenly light? Nah. Only for Free for alls hahaha. I can see it being a good move in that scenario. Other than that I'd say for Neutral B's
1.Auto-Reticle
2.Explosive Flame
These two seem pretty decent. I may change my mind later and put Explosive flame over Auto-reticle.

Reflect is the best of her side specials. Reflect can also be a good tool for edge-guarding. Only because the other options are so poor. Super Speed and Angelic Missile? nah... If you can do another special after Angelic Missile while recovering than maybe. But if you get hit once and then free fall? Nope. That's really vulnerable if its like that.

Optimal Custom moveset (in my opinion)

Down-B: Lightweight
Up-B: Jumpglide/Warp/Rocket-Jump (depending on play-style)
Neutral B: Auto-Reticle/Explosive flame
Side B: Reflect

Of course this is me assuming things about the moves that we don't even know yet.
You're forgetting that you can attack and jump out of super speed. You might even be able to shield to cancel it, or do a dash cancel smash or what not. I do agree with the point on her down B, though. I'm still holding that her best option for side B is Super Speed.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
You're forgetting that you can attack and jump out of super speed. You might even be able to shield to cancel it, or do a dash cancel smash or what not. I do agree with the point on her down B, though. I'm still holding that her best option for side B is Super Speed.
Actually I'm not forgetting that. You can only dash attack out of the super speed iirc. There's a big variable though. It all depends if she has super armor or not during that. If she has good super armor than it wouldn't be as bad. But, It could still get grabbed by characters with tether grabs easily. Even if you can shield to cancel it its kind of redundant and a less functional Lightweight. In a way Super Speed is like EggRoll or Sonic's Spindash. There's not much potential from those moves other than to hit the opponent. There's not much safety afterwards since they typically have laggy endings. It could hit them once but just leave you open afterward.

Last edited:

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
What im loving about her are her A moves. The dash attack, the aerials... the neutral air, the fsmash and dsmash... all look very very reliable.

You people think that her metagame will be campy?

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
What im loving about her are her A moves. The dash attack, the aerials... the neutral air, the fsmash and dsmash... all look very very reliable.

I think Her Normals are generally going to be high knock back and range but very slow. Its going to take a lot of mind gaming to get your kills reliablly in close quarters. (kind of like Brawl Ike) I think a lot of her specials are going to want to make people approach but I don't know how powerful they will be at keeping people away or stallking for time. espeaclalyy if they wiff. (I think auto-reticle may be an exception)

KatKit

Smash Lord
Teleportation + Explosive Flame + Lighten + Super Dash because Dark Phoenix (MvC 3).

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
My turn to choose.

Neutral B: Autoreticle
It's a projectile. Many defenses have projectiles, and I'm sure Palutena can make use of the 3-projectile burst of this move, not to mention making non-reflector opponents approach.

Side-B: Reflect Barrier
A solid defensive move that makes opponents flinch on contact and is a reflector as it moves forward.

Down-B: Celestial Fireworks
Invincibility frames can get you outta a potential emergency rather than rolling and spot dodging all the time. It also does damage.

Up-B: Jump Glide
Very good horizontal capabilities with some vertical capabilities. You can move left and right with it and even attack while using it. Versatile if you ask me.

That's just the surface of my thoughts, and we need gameplay of it all for my final judgment, but that's probably what I'll be using.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Since Palutena's customs are all unlocked from the begining I don't think we need to worry about logistics, at least in terms of unlocking. Autoreticle is too laggy for me so I'm giving Heavenly light a whirl.

andimidna

Smash Master

Only if her default specials are chosen, sure
Auto Reticle, Explosive Flame, Reflect... she has the tools for a campy playstyle.

But with the combination Super Speed + Jump Glide she becomes a rush down goddess. I can only imagine what adding lightweight to that would do... Although I've been using the Fireworks personally.
Not really a big fan of any of her neutral specials, I got some use out of explosive flame. Auto-Reticle is OK too, and I haven't tried Heavenly Light.

I think the best will be
Side: Super Speed
Up: Jump Glide
Down: Maybe Fireworks
Neutral: One will end up the best somehow through time, but atm any seem fine.

Top Bottom