• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What will be the future of nintendo?

Booster

Smash Lord
Pretty much. Everyone says that the game takes notes from Mario Galaxy, but if you're willing to do some research (or spent way to much of your childhood playing the games) you'll note that nearly everything about the game looks like a final product of Xtreme. Although SEGA dismisses this as a coincidence, I hear. But this is SEGA we're talking about, so take everything they say with a grain of salt.

I think it's more likely that they just didn't want the game to have any connections to the Saturn. Then again, I'm not sure why they'd worry about that since the game's target audience likely has no idea what a Saturn is. Or the fact that SEGA ever made consoles at all.
It's a fact Sega of America hated the Sega Saturn.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Pretty much. Everyone says that the game takes notes from Mario Galaxy, but if you're willing to do some research (or spent way to much of your childhood playing the games) you'll note that nearly everything about the game looks like a final product of Xtreme. Although SEGA dismisses this as a coincidence, I hear. But this is SEGA we're talking about, so take everything they say with a grain of salt.

I think it's more likely that they just didn't want the game to have any connections to the Saturn. Then again, I'm not sure why they'd worry about that since the game's target audience likely has no idea what a Saturn is. Or the fact that SEGA ever made consoles at all.
Yea! The current generation has no clues about the greats of the past. Many don't even know Sega had a console while others don't many of the retro games which in my opinion were much better than the majority of the games these days.

Gotta play Lost World when I get a Wii U by the end of this year!

finalark

SNORLAX
Yea! The current generation has no clues about the greats of the past. Many don't even know Sega had a console while others don't many of the retro games which in my opinion were much better than the majority of the games these days.

Gotta play Lost World when I get a Wii U by the end of this year!
I actually highly disagree with the thought that retro games were somehow better. I feel like that's a rather myopic statement brought on by nostalgia and widespread distaste for for current trends. In truth, many things that people dislike about gaming today have always been around, we were just too young at the time to realize it.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Lol tablets/smartphones/developingforanothercompany'sconsole

I hope Nintendo keeps exploring new ideas in fashion of Splatoon and Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker. It made me quite intrigued how we had no new Mario-starring game shown for E3, and even then, we're finally getting Star Fox Wii U. I hope some more franchises left in dust or hiatus will follow soon.

On the other hand, I'm afraid the franchises of Nintendo that are currently obscure or not as popular as the bigger franchises might have stayed their come soon. There's nothing there to draw interest on them, or resurge their popularity to this day. I'm looking at series such as Golden Sun.

Toon612Link

Smash Journeyman
I don't see any reason why Nintendo would develop for sony... I bet the people who say that own a PS4 and 3ds... If nintendo were to do that they would work for sony and microsoft... but its not.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Nintendo has outright said that they'll die before they'll develop for other systems.

Anyway, I fully believe Nintendo's current situation is a direct result of the poor decisions made during the N64 era before Iwata came along. Intentionally and unintentionally driving away third parties, not using Mario enough, generally slouching in making games... Iwata has probably done the best he could do to fix all of that, to be frank. You're crazy if you think Starfox and Metroid will improve the Wii U's situation. Nintendo uses Mario and Pokemon so much because that's what it takes to succeed.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Lol tablets/smartphones/developingforanothercompany'sconsole

I hope Nintendo keeps exploring new ideas in fashion of Splatoon and Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker. It made me quite intrigued how we had no new Mario-starring game shown for E3, and even then, we're finally getting Star Fox Wii U. I hope some more franchises left in dust or hiatus will follow soon.
But we were teased with Mario Ballet :p

On the other hand, I'm afraid the franchises of Nintendo that are currently obscure or not as popular as the bigger franchises might have stayed their come soon. There's nothing there to draw interest on them, or resurge their popularity to this day. I'm looking at series such as Golden Sun.
Yes!!! Wherever there is Golden Sun discussion, I am there! Golden Sun has definitely become obscure and needs to become popular again with a new game in the series. A way to create a surge in its popularity is simple. add Isaac for Smash Bros. 4!

Heck, I would buy a sequel to Dark Dawn in a heartbeat! And Smash Bros. instantly if Isaac is there, otherwise a bit later.

Nintendo has outright said that they'll die before they'll develop for other systems.

Anyway, I fully believe Nintendo's current situation is a direct result of the poor decisions made during the N64 era before Iwata came along. Intentionally and unintentionally driving away third parties, not using Mario enough, generally slouching in making games... Iwata has probably done the best he could do to fix all of that, to be frank. You're crazy if you think Starfox and Metroid will improve the Wii U's situation. Nintendo uses Mario and Pokemon so much because that's what it takes to succeed.
Yea Nintendo will not go to 3rd party. They are not like Microsoft to flip-flop on decisions. Nintendo needs to use their other franchises and develop them so that they don't have to make too much Mario as it affects their image towards the average uninformed gamer who thinks each Mario game is the same. I would love Golden Sun to come back as Nintendo's flagship RPG series along with the Xenoblade series. Plus we need more franchises to be revived from Nintendo's really dusty and cobwebbed storeroom.

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Nintendo needs to use their other franchises and develop them so that they don't have to make too much Mario as it affects their image towards the average uninformed gamer who thinks each Mario game is the same. I would love Golden Sun to come back as Nintendo's flagship RPG series along with the Xenoblade series. Plus we need more franchises to be revived from Nintendo's really dusty and cobwebbed storeroom.
Mario sells because it's the same, not dispite of it.

Golden Sun... I know the original team isn't coming back. Camelot barely had the budget for 2 games, much less 3. DD was only made because of widespread fan demand, and Camelot was burned-out from making the first two. Then they ultimately got burned when it undersold. A few years ago, Camelot had a petition going on if they should make GS4, and last I heard, it flopped pretty hard. Personally, I find the lack of integrity to making GS4 to be pathetic. I don't want people unsure if they want to make a game doing so, I want confidence. I want them to want to make the game.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Mario sells because it's the same, not dispite of it.

Golden Sun... I know the original team isn't coming back. Camelot barely had the budget for 2 games, much less 3. DD was only made because of widespread fan demand, and Camelot was burned-out from making the first two. Then they ultimately got burned when it undersold. A few years ago, Camelot had a petition going on if they should make GS4, and last I heard, it flopped pretty hard. Personally, I find the lack of integrity to making GS4 to be pathetic. I don't want people unsure if they want to make a game doing so, I want confidence. I want them to want to make the game.
By the same I meant many uninformed people consider Mario Kart, Mario Strikers and Mario Bros. to be "Just another" Mario game!

Yea, I wouldn't want Camelot to make another Golden Sun game against their will. Make it with confidence, make it with belief and make it with happiness. Seriously just give Golden Sun to another developer who is willing to reinvigorate the series, if they themselves do not believe they can or do not want to.

Camelot themselves did not have a petition going, it was a fan made petition and that kind of flopped considering many GS fans didn't even know about it!

Nintendo needs to take charge as in the end, the franchise and the characters are owned by them. Camelot just has the rights to game as the developers whereas the IP stands in Nintendo's realm. I want developers to make Golden Sun 4 with all of their hearts because the game will then turn out good, not half-baked!

A satisfying but late game is much better than a rushed and forced game in my opinion.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
By the same I meant many uninformed people consider Mario Kart, Mario Strikers and Mario Bros. to be "Just another" Mario game!

Yea, I wouldn't want Camelot to make another Golden Sun game against their will. Make it with confidence, make it with belief and make it with happiness. Seriously just give Golden Sun to another developer who is willing to reinvigorate the series, if they themselves do not believe they can or do not want to.

Camelot themselves did not have a petition going, it was a fan made petition and that kind of flopped considering many GS fans didn't even know about it!

Nintendo needs to take charge as in the end, the franchise and the characters are owned by them. Camelot just has the rights to game as the developers whereas the IP stands in Nintendo's realm. I want developers to make Golden Sun 4 with all of their hearts because the game will then turn out good, not half-baked!

A satisfying but late game is much better than a rushed and forced game in my opinion.
Huh? I thought the petition was official. But I'm not the guy with the GS avatar so, yaknow. :p

Top Bottom