• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What was the absolute funniest thing that you have experienced in Melee?

zero sum

Smash Apprentice
someone who was normally pretty free for me (we used to go 30–1 in friendlies but now we go evenish because i suddenly got a lot worse in the spring) got three stitchfaces and a mr saturn in one game. two of those stitchfaces killed me. i was coming back from a three-stock deficit and, as i'm recovering, what would he pull from the earth, o rem ridiculam, but a bob-omb? i'm at 110% and he's at about 65%. i forget about this. i do the slow get-up from the ledge and the bomb comes hurtling toward me. i die. 20xx is over.

AudioSilver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3797-7513-8784
I also remember Computer Players in All-Star on Very Hard doing a team combo on me into a spike from Captain Falcon. Needless to say, I had to restart All-Star on Very Hard. I did end up completing it, about a month later!

CAUP

Smash Journeyman
So many funny things it's just hard to remember specifics. It all kind of runs together into one happy experience :)

Mastodon

Smash Apprentice
I was playing ganondorf in teams. My fox opponent knocks me off the stage, my other opponent goes after me in the air to finish the kill while the fox player just ledge hogs. I started up the ganon truck (wizards foot, aka down b) towards the edge and spike them both with the purple truck.

Last edited:

Mastodon

Smash Apprentice
Also, one of our local players popped off and slammed the CRT so hard he put a hole in it. It was so loud everyone in the venue stopped what they were doing. That **** was funny.

pic for reference: pic

Last edited:

Baggy_

Smash Rookie
Peach down smash doing 62% damage xD and marth vs falco on FOD we trade at high percent and both fly up neither player can be seen but marth lands of stage dare at the top of FOD.

FE_Hector

Smash Lord
That's difficult. I'd probably say the time that I 0-deathed my bro's Sheik. I was at the edge and utilted him. He had no idea what happened because it was so fast, and I full hop dair spike him. After the second hit, he was at 29% and had absolutely no recovery options. He walked away after that...

FROST :)

Smash Cadet
Beat my friends jigglypuff just by doing JC Up Smash with fox on FD. Then he proceeds to pick fox and fox ditto me... He got 4 stocked the exact same way :shiro:

Jiggsbomb

Smash Ace
Oh I remember it so well. I was playing at a tourney in stockholm in about 2008, there was a storm outside and it was the finals in the tournament. It was me vs a Marth. We where on Pokemon stadium, we really wanted to get the 500 sek (About 57 dollars) prize. It was the rock transformation, the last stock of the game. It was 2-2. I upthrowed marth, naired, I tried to go for a rest. But I saw that it would not work. So I went for a Dair instead. And I hit the Dair! The money was almost in my hands already! Suddendly, the marth flew through the stage! I have seen the glitch quite a lot now, but this was the first time it happened to me! I was stunned. I laughed for about 5 minutes straight...

Top Bottom