• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What type of Smash character do you like best?

GuffMcGufferson

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-3869-7120-5996
I usually like playing projectile and offensive characters, those are usually best for my play style. It's the main reason I main both R.O.B. and Captain Falcon, as both of their movesets are perfect for me to play as. This is also how I play in other games besides Smash, like shooters and other games like that.

Chief Hotsuin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Blue-Rob
3DS FC
3411-3937-1436
l thrive on momentum. l'll start off pretty defensively. Poke-poke-poke-poke-poke-poke-poke-poke-poke-poke until l know how l can get a good hit in. As soon as l get a combo move off, like Cloud up-air, Diddy grab, or lke's, well, any footsies move really, and l'll be all up in your face basically until l lose confidence and go back into my hidey-hole of projectiles or disjoints. l want to be able to choose my fights. l don't have a main, per se, but l love Ike, Cloud, Diddy, Shulk, and Villy in Smash 4, Diddy and Ganon in PM (call me the young Junebug), and really haven't played the others to get a grip on who to play.

Kaprica

Smash Rookie
I like the speedy and offensive characters. The ones with good stats that can combo easily are a close second. I used to to pick Palutena on the Wii U because she had great defense, and slowly found myself switching to Lucina just because her move set was easier. And faster. I had to get used to being on the ground though.

Last edited:

Joe Shmo

Smash Cadet
NNID
ferris123
I didn't realize this when i first started playing, but i seem to like characters whose goal is to keep the opponent out (in sm4sh). I main kirby, shulk, and rosalina which are all brick wall/keepout characters. I also use shiek, mewtwo, and diddy as secondaries with this playstyle

DJBor

Smash Journeyman
I like characters that create team strategy in doubles, OR are really well-rounded and have options for everything, but aren't OP at anything.

Last edited:

MewtwoUprising

Smash Cadet
NNID
Necro84
I like characters who can be balanced in range and melee for example link has a very good projectile game but also has a very good sword game with good hit boxes as well, I also like power characters who can combo well so melee gannon was one of my favs. I also like characters who have very nice throwing skills as well as everything else listed hence mewtwo seriously the jabs, shadow ball ,reflector by way of confusion ,powerful smash attacks, almost infinitely stringable true combos Sakurai you got it right.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Two types.
First, swordfighters. Playing smash 4, I tested out the brawlers, projectile users, and swordfighters, and found swordfighters to be easiest to play as, hence I'll sometimes play Ike, Lucina, and of course my main Cloud.
Second, heavies.I love just putting the pain on people with so few hits, which is why ganon is one of my secondaries, and why I'll play Bowser and D3 for funsies.
After that, any character who I like or find interesting for some reason.
Also, I am 100% sure of the characters I don't play: fast, combo-y characters like shiek, zss, bayo, mario. I just can't play fast and combos in this game.....

C3CC

Smash Lord
Floaty characters with "magic" powers FTW. Hence why I main Mewtwo, Palutena, Rosalina and Lucas. Also the occasional contact character like Yoshi, Charizard and Corrin, who are somewhat floaty as well.

MajinBuu272

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KidBuu9000
Switch FC
SW-5273-4956-4209
I like the floaties such as ness & mewtwo (& yoshi?), but i also have been practicing with sword charachters (cloud, marth, and ike mostly) and have been learning to space my attacks and learn the sword's range, which has also been helping me space attacks on other characters more efficiently :lick:

Spongyoshi

Smash Cadet
NNID
spongyoshi
3DS FC
3523-2485-5804
My main is Mr G&W and I think he grew on me because of his crazy moveset and playstyle. He's also pretty fast and light so I can MOVE MY BODY FREELY!!
But yeah I loved how he put random stuff out of nowhere to attack the enemy and his overall design. I dunno, that character seems perfect to me!
Yoshi's only my secondary because I love him in the Mario series, love his playstyle though!

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
Female swordfighters are my favorite kinds of Smash characters! Thank goodness we got :4corrinf::4lucina::4robinf:!

I also like the concept of personalized fighters. Due to this I main :4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword:.

Top Bottom