• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What to use for emulator recording?

Imainlowtier

Smash Cadet
I've heard that Mupen has a built-in recorder, is it any good? I can't seem to get good quality with synced audio in CamStudio on PJ64. What can I use?

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Fraps.

Maybe we should create a short FAQ's with these commonly asked questions such as "Why does Ness suck?", etc.

blaze3927

Smash Ace
Fraps.

Maybe we should create a short FAQ's with these commonly asked questions such as "Why does Ness suck?", etc.
wouldnt work, this guy doesnt even know how to use google.
i found fraps in 15 seconds with
video record emulator
record project 64k
how to record video games
record computer game

Smasherx74

Smash Journeyman
lol, Fraps codec is just basically Uncompressed, Thats why fraps give such huge files. Also the quality is easy to get by compressing in video editor. But for some people fraps lag. It use to lag on my old computers so i use to make it the smallest screen possible in playback of p2p and then i would use ZDsoft or a GAME recorder not screen recorder and record. Screen records frame rate are normally auto set to 10 - 15 fps. Unlike fraps were you can make it 60fps and stuff which records ALL the frames and makes it playback smoother but it lags if your comp sucks.

Smasherx74

Smash Journeyman
What do you personally recommend for a semi-bad computer. ZDsoft?
Yes, but lower the fps if your emulator screen as is low as possible and it still lags. If it keeps lagging once you make fps to 10 then use camstudio and record it being laggy if your computers really that bad.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
^^^ It says that ZD-Soft stops working after 30 days. Is it like Winzip where it still works regardless or would I have to "download" the full version.

Smasherx74

Smash Journeyman
^^^ It says that ZD-Soft stops working after 30 days. Is it like Winzip where it still works regardless or would I have to "download" the full version.

Oh ya, Try to youtube the 2.0 version of ZD soft game recorder and then use the activation code. If its a link the the ZD soft site it will be the wrong version you need a filefront or something link. Not sure, just youtube it. Don't google it, You will get viruses.

NTA

Smash Lord
some get pretty good quality with hypercam 2
i use fraps hypercam 2 hypercam 3 bsr screen recorder
dont think ive ever gotten any lag from thm though
but if it lags offline no point in using it online
and also for the fraps if one lags you could try using a different version

Smasherx74

Smash Journeyman
The screen recorder is 40% of reason why quality may be good or bad. Rest is to due with your codec.

dandan

Smash Lord
virtuso pro is also really nice, and you can record encoded videos with it, thus not having to work with gigs of vids.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
The best is save the krec and then use Fraps, no lag and great quality, or Camstudio, this is the other option

Top Bottom