• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What to Replace Smash Tour?

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
So I thought Smash Tour was an interesting idea but poorly executed. It was neat to have a Mario Party style game with Smash characters but it was far too random. There was virtually no strategy involved.

So my question is what would you like (if anything) to replace Smash Tour? Another board game, Card Game, Turn Base Strategy, or nothing at all because its has nothing to do with the competitive scene and we don't want to waste time on casual players.

Please keep your ideas to a multiplayer style games as that's the main point of Smash Tour. So replacing with board the platforms, adventure mode, story mode isn't really applicable to this.

Last edited:

Kori

Smash Cadet
Honestly I just want a TRUE classic mode like from the original smash...Start with Link, and go through the roster, even if it's the original 12 :p

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
does not truly matter to me, smash tour was fun it just needs a lot of tweaking

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
An actual Mario Party-like mode instead of this shoddy Mario Party bootleg. Forget everything you know about Smash Tour, this'll play like Mario Party, just make a couple fun boards, let us actually choose our mains and stick with them throughout the game, give us coins and a equivalent to Stars, replace all the minigames with battles (FFAs, 1v3s, and 2v2s like in Mario Party) and repace the Bowser spaces with Master Hand spaces or something. It'll be hilariously unfair as per Mario Party tradition but it'd be fun.

RineYFD

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I'll take anything over Smash Tour.
Adventure Mode(Melee), Smashkeetball, Subspace Emissary 2, Smash Run etc.

Last edited:

XigmunGothar

Smash Cadet
I'd like to see a tournament mode a la the Invitational. Each player or CPU has 2-5 fighters. The goal would be to either beat all opponents' fighters or to just win the most rounds. I can go either way on the scoring system. The idea is really the switching out fighters each round and not knowing who your opponent will put up next.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Smash Tour was one of my favorite new modes. I'd like to see to get more polish instead of outright being replaced.

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
Literally anything could replace it... I prefer the return of board the platforms from 64

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I say make the cons that players said about that mode then it should be good (confession I don't know what the cons are since the feelings neutral for me about that mode)

If that's the case replace it with break the targets and board the platform from 64 days

AIM0001

Smash Lord
I got your Smash Tour replacement right here....

I call it SMASH Rumble. Which if there are any WWE 2K fans out there will know what I mean when I say Smash Rumble would play a lot like Royal Rumble. You can set 10-30 competitors for example. You can choose what number you’d like to enter in or it will be random. You can set if you want it to be 4P or 8P smash rules. Basically it’s a gauntlet match and whoever is the last character standing wins. If you get it early on by a human player or a CP. Just like WWE 2K18 you can select another number to enter in. As long as there are still numbers left. Character select for all competitors can be selected or randomized. This mode would be way more engaging than a Smash Tour return.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I think I should clarify what Smash Tours represents (or at least in my opinion). Smash Tour is a multiplayer game that isn't straight up fighting. So things like board the platforms, adventure mode, and story mode are really separate from Smash Tour.

Top Bottom