• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What to do without a c-stick.

ELRACj

Smash Cadet
NNID
ELRACjXL
3DS FC
2809-9153-3892
Right off the bat i would like to point out that i do not have SSB4 on the ads yet but i think I have come up with a solution to not having a c-stick for which we can used our powered up A attacks.

As all SS players know that there is two jump buttons, X and Y. Now how many of us use any or both of these buttons for jumping? What i think we should do is make it to where if you hit one of these buttons with a direction that it would ONLY use a , i believe the correct term is tilt. Kinda like using the A button and a direction except with no risk of accidentally using the normal A attack.

Now i know what everyone is probably thinking, "That isn't an option in the control settings." Well thanks to nintendo's ability to update ur games, it can be!!!!!! However, the only way the would make an update for such a thing is it was a popular idea.So if want it to happen, spread the word and ask nintendo for an update.

This post is basically over. I want everyone to forgive my spelling and grammar mistakes I was slightly distracted. And if someone already knows if u can change lets say the X button to a dedicated smash button please tell me because google was giving me all things pokemon.

Thanks,

Luigitickler

Renegand

Smash Cadet
This wouldnt really help, because the only bonus the c stick really gives you is being able to do retreating back aerials, which wont be possible if you have to move the movement stick.

However if you could map a back aerial to X or Y, goodbye C-stick forever in my opinion.

MrGameandBalls

Smash Apprentice
Smash attacks are so easy to do that I dont need no shortcut. This is coming from a guy who used GC controllers his whole life.

Cammed Z28

SB-Jgd = My FG gamer tag
3DS FC
2852-9484-2780
What to do?

Make due with no stick
Save dollars
Buy new.3DS next year

Or Wii U version when it drops.

It took a bit getting used on the 3ds to however I played Smash for years and yet somehow never used the cstick until after years of Smash lol so I do not miss it like some other players may

ReddFloxy

Smash Apprentice
I have played every smash before this one with the gamecube controller and I have never ever used the C-stick, it really doesn't take all that much effort once you get used to it. I bet if most people just tried to adapt to something new every once in a while there wouldn't even be a need to bring the gamecube controller back, but people are just stubborn like that.

Ravioko

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RaviokoTheCat
3DS FC
1263-8771-0336
Switch FC
SW-0032-6272-2452
I've never used anything but the GC controller for Smash, yet I've never used the C-stick, so everything feels fine the way it is to me. The. 3DS controls didn't take long to adapt to, although I thought they would.

Code Bread

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1736-1424-9042
You guys play N64 with a GC controller? Is that on Dolphin?

Given that I spent most of my Brawl career playing with the Wiimote, not using a c-stick is something I'm used to. But anyone who says using directional A is better is kind of deluding themself. The GC control is the optimal control because of its layout. I'd hate to play Smash 4 with the WiiU Pro controller or anything else.

PaperDawN

Smash Rookie
just get gud
or suck it up and wait like 2 months for the Wii U version

WrappedInBlack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PyroJayBlack
3DS FC
1736-3220-0909
um u could just get with the program and play like everyone else on 3DS...

honestly I never used the C-stick... I didn't know it did anything until last year and even now I don't use it.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
C-stick isn't and was never necessary to play Super Smash Bros. Just play the damn game.

KurashiDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KurashiDragon
3DS FC
3952-7603-8923
Switch FC
7836 7746 6189
I've rarely seen this as a problem for Smash 4 3DS. I can do Smash attacks just fine. In fact, not having the C-Stick has helped me in some way as I was rather reliant on the smash attacks in the past and the C-Stick is an very easy method of doing it. The only problem I've had that the C-stick could potentially solve right off the bat is turnaround Cancel F-Smash. I have to mash really hard on my c-pad to get that off. I need to practice with it more. Otherwise though, no love lost without the C-stick.

Last edited:
Top Bottom