• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What to do, What to do?

jbozz1217

Smash Apprentice
I played against an Ice Climbers main today...

The matches went all right, other than the fact that I got totally ***** numerous times by the Ice Climbers' chain grab. Is there ANY way to stop this? The first one would grab me, throw me, and then immediately the second would grab me, and then at the end they would spike me off the stage. Even if I kill Nana, [insert other one's name here] would still do a pretty good job at CG'ing me, and it was tough to get out of.

Help?

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
O_O... Wouldn't you usually ask this question in the character forum of the character you are using against Ice Climbers? Well, I'm not sure if you can get out if the person can perfectly time the chaingrabs... We might not give you a good answer since this IS the Ice Climbers forum...

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
At the risk of sounding like an ***...

Don't get grabbed.

Zelda has the advantage in this match-up. She has a strong anti-ground game and IC is all ground game. It's easy to separate them and keep them separated.

jbozz1217

Smash Apprentice
Well I meant for the question to be geared toward any character I may be using, not just Zelda.

R1ngo

Smash Journeyman
divide and conquer is the best strategy with any character, other than that mash buttons to try and get out of grabs

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
Well I meant for the question to be geared toward any character I may be using, not just Zelda.
Well IC is an interesting character in that any character can set up a divide strategy. It's just about spacing and splitting them up.

Miller

Smash Lord
I usually dont give advice on how to beat my character unless somebody NEEDS it, so here it is

Spam Dins fire, play as defensively as possible, if your away from your opponent, you cant get grabbed

Top Bottom