• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What to do in 1 v 2

DJ _ICE

Smash Apprentice
As in you're alone vs two enemy team members. I know Marth sucks on the defense so he should probably be more aggressive instead of passive. I also know that counter and up-b as an attack and retreat to the top platform as a surprise can help if used sparingly. Any tips?

Inb4 lose

goateeguy

Smash Ace
Move around very evasively, be aware that you can't follow up the way you would in singles if you get a combo because the partner will interrupt it. If you get a grab, be aware that you can throw towards the free partner to cover yourself. Keep 'em separated like the ICs, only, unlike the ICs, you need to respect both of them; no going out for crazy edgeguards because the other one isn't just going to taunt and watch you recover. Watch how Taj does it in game 1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsmuaNPq0EQ

I imagine the best approach to 2v1 is to attempt to remove the 2v1 situation in some form. I am not certain how this might be accomplished. At the very least, you would have to remove your cooldown time as much as possible. Anytime you engage with another character you have to commit to some option which means you can be attacked from the other play. Hence the disadvantage. Hitting the other play towards the other one might not be the best strategy because it enables either person to piggy back off the other. Say you fthrow shiek back at falco, but sheik DI's up and avoids Fox, he comes in with an Usmash/Grab. You are now engaging Fox and fox protects Sheik from being knocked away anymore. By splitting up either character neither can assist the other anymore. So, you can say get rid of sheik off the ledge while going after Fox next. By succesfully winning these 1v1 situations you are never in a 2v1 ever. But, by knocking a person towards the other you are making it easier to recover from those 1v1 where the 2v1 team clearly wants ot get back into 2v1.

Top Bottom