• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What things should you be practicing as Marth?

Jink8

Smash Journeyman
So far from what I have gathered you should practice L-Cancels, Wavedashes, and Fundementals. I can wave dash to ledge everytime now and Fair strings are another thing I have practiced.

Discuss:

Kopaka

Smash Journeyman
I put together this practice routine for Marth in mind that can also be applied to other characters too. All of these are just movement actions with no attacks involved. Setting up a focused routine to grind these out however often you seem fit could end up being very beneficial depending on how you do it.

Wavedashes -> Wavedash backwards -> Wavedash forwards -> Wavedash back and forth -> Wavedash in place -> Wavedash out of shield Forward/Backward

Long dashdance -> shorter dashdances -> dashdances with wavedashes with different dash dance lengths -> Dashdance on top platform -> Dash into run and run cancel back into dashdancing

Waveland onto all the platforms -> Dash forward Dash backward Shield Stop wavedash off all the platforms -> Shield drop off all platforms in both directions

Wavedash ledge grab on both sides -> Waveland forward back on stage -> Waveland back on stage in place
You could get creative with this too when it comes to attacks then. Wavedash forward -> fair...Wavedash backward -> fair...whatever dashdance sequence you come up with -> Fair etc.

thf24

Smash Cadet
It's already linked in the stickies but Ippo did this great video on a daily solo practice routine for Marth:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_0v9J54eNc

There are more niche things not covered you can throw in as needed, but everything in that are essentials that are very benefitical to practice regularly.

Sprenzy

Smash Apprentice
You need to be completely comfortable with your character and should be able to do exactly how you want. For example, if you are dash dancing and your dashing towards Fox's nair you have to be able to change your dash dance pattern to evade the attack

Top Bottom