• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What...The...****...

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
So I was just at Play N Trade. The one not too far down from Waba. I wanted to trade in 2 games. Both were being sold at a local gamestop, as I checked, for $20 each. The games were Gladius(A very loose SRPG) and Baten Kaitos:Eternal Wings and The Lost Ocean. Like I said, $20 each. So I go to trade them in. The guy checks them over, scans them in, and gives me the total. For the 2 $20 games, I get $3.50. $3.****ING 50!!! I raged. Oh yeah, I raged.

I hate game stores.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
That's the business. Most people take it without a care.

You'd do better on ebay. But then again, sometimes you won't even sell your game, and that's some cents out of your pocket.

Oh well, bro. Keep 'em?

M@v

Subarashii!
When I was going to sell marvel vs capcom 2, I didnt know it was worth so much. I go to the gamestop guys, their eyes open up. They are like "you can get $50 for this from us, but you can probably get close to $100 online. Sell it there.

I haven't sold it yet, I want to play it but my ps2 cant read blue discs(MvC2 is a blue dics *sobs*). I'll probably get an used ps2

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, MvC2 is a pretty rare game. I can't seem to find it anywhere. Although, the very same Play N' Trade had it for Gheybox priced around $15.

Needless to say, I kept my games.

Purple

Hi guys!
remember, games go down after time, final fantasy xii was 45 at peak, and then went down to about 10.

game stores have to make profit, so they'll buy it for maybe a 1/4 of the price (2.50) and sell it for 1/2 of it's value (5.00) to make the profit.

those games are probably of lesser value than you expect.

that's how games are.

at this point though, you might as well hack your wii and buys games that way, or modded xbox.

or.. buy games for ps3 =/

Scidadle

Smash Champion
I traded in a game called.

**** I forgot the game, but it was horrible.

I sold it for .25 at a PnT.

Worth it, never played that game.

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
how old are you? i'm pretty sure EVERYONE who buys games knows this ****

just sell them on eBay if you're that pissed

and don't say you "raged" when you prolly were just like "oh, man... my furry****** self can't buy more gay *** games that don't involve fighting"

Shadowex3

Smash Apprentice
remember, games go down after time, final fantasy xii was 45 at peak, and then went down to about 10.

game stores have to make profit, so they'll buy it for maybe a 1/4 of the price (2.50) and sell it for 1/2 of it's value (5.00) to make the profit.

those games are probably of lesser value than you expect.

that's how games are.

at this point though, you might as well hack your wii and buys games that way, or modded xbox.

or.. buy games for ps3 =/
Where the hell do you live that they sell used games for less than 90% of full price? Every game store I've ever been in a used game is literally within $5 of the new price.

Top Bottom