• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

what the hell

omfgomfg

Smash Lord
Your eyes happened to drift to my location, I see.
i was in training mode and i put donkey kong in attack mode. you know he usually charges up his punch and this is really weird but when he finished charging it up, i started whacking him around. he was off the stage and i saw him execute the beginning frames of the punch but WHOA he cancels it somehow just before my downsmash hits him and retains the shine from the charge! its as if he used the punch but cancelled it just as it was starting!

Box_of_Fox

Smash Journeyman
Computers can do crazy **** that humans can't. I've seen level 9s DI insanely well off of the ledges on Dreamland, and they can attack out of a shield that has been cancelled from falling off of a platform with uncanny speed.

I don't think your "seeing" things, but if you noticed that if you approach a level 9 when it is charging a move, it will often "cancel" the charging animation before you hit them. This is only when you get near, however. If you shoot a level 9 charging Samus from across the stage with Fox's laser with decent accuracy, it WILL be hit the first time, and then try to shield it the next few times, because its no longer charging.

Fabrian

Smash Journeyman
um I've done this before its not that special. Though i could only do it once per charge.

Unless if you're talking about sheilding the punch, thats easy
as dk does the first 360 motion before punching press z...

whaahppnd

Smash Journeyman
um I've done this before its not that special. Though i could only do it once per charge.

Unless if you're talking about sheilding the punch, thats easy
as dk does the first 360 motion before punching press z...
Fab is back? like omgz

omfgomfg

Smash Lord
i just made a very obvious discovery:

When you are cancelling the charged DK giant punch, use R instead of Z and tap it rapidly twice to execute any aerial move or grab if you are on the ground. This is basically pseudo-punching, a feign with another move coming up right behind it.

Frogles

Smash Ace
My response was supposed to be a joke but so many people didn't know what he was talking about it didnt look like a joke anymore. THANKS GUYZ. I H8 U ALL

cmasterchoe

Smash Journeyman
vid or it didn't happen lol

on a serious note, i think what happened is that yes donkey cancelled his donkey punch (which has been established) and to explain for the shine, it may be the fact that the computer was fast falling, which creates a similar effect.

_kSo_

Smash Master
no one really cares about computers anymore. we all need to stop worrying about the **** that comps do and start worrying about how to play to win. kuz obviously the computer wont teach us jack ****

sorry if i sounded condescending but its true

*edit*
300th post! yea!!

omfgomfg

Smash Lord
on a serious note, i think what happened is that yes donkey cancelled his donkey punch (which has been established) and to explain for the shine, it may be the fact that the computer was fast falling, which creates a similar effect.
no trust me i just found out the day i posted the original message that it is easily accomplished this 360 charged giant punch cancel

Box_of_Fox

Smash Journeyman
no one really cares about computers anymore. we all need to stop worrying about the **** that comps do and start worrying about how to play to win. kuz obviously the computer wont teach us jack ****

sorry if i sounded condescending but its true

*edit*
300th post! yea!!
Kso you're a decent smasher but you have no idea what comes out of your mouth :rolleyes:

And based on what antdgar recently did with CPUs and hitlag, I'd say comps can teach us (or at least school us) if they can be altered the way he altered them.

Box_of_Fox

Smash Journeyman
I really really want to try these super CPUs that Antd talked about. I want to see if they have their own playstyle or if they are just inhumanly accurate.

Top Bottom