• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What The Fudge?

Meta-Knight

Smash Journeyman
Ok, wow. I was just playing FireRed and I ran into Zapdos in the Power Plant. Yes, I saved so I can retry catching it. I just fought it about 5 times, I got it to the lowest possible HP and used 10 freaking Ultra Balls. Each time, it broke free before the ball could even shake. Should I buy 20 or something? I really want this dang thing.

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
Master Ball FTW!!!1!1!!1!

Yeah, just buy more Ultra Balls and paralyze it or put it to sleep.

Meta-Knight

Smash Journeyman
****it, now I'm having the same freaking problem with Articuno! I was able to catch Zapdos just by paralyzing it, getting it down to low HP, and using one Ultra Ball but with Articuno, I paralyzed it, lowered it's HP to the lowest state, and have thrown 10 Ultra Balls. Still no luck. And I am NOT going to a Poke Mart just to get more Ultras knowing that I had to go through a really confusing maze just to get to Articuno...can anyone help me out again?

titus

Smash Journeyman
Well, I think that if you could catch zapdos you should know how to catch articuno, and i personally think that it is stupid to make a thread about this, but w/e. I would just save near it and try over and over.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Just by 40 or so ulta balls, and put Zapdoes into a special condition state, while having his health as low as humanly possible.
Then piff an endless slew of Ultra Balls at it.

Or you could do what I do, and use poke' Balls.
(I dunno why I do, I just find it more triumphant)

SniPeR WoLF

Smash Cadet
I can't belive u are even asking for help it's super easy. Just buy 20 ultra balls save b4, put his hp super low, and don't forget to sleep it or paralyze it and guala!!! If u waste all of ur ultra balls turn it off and turn it on again, i just used 3 ultra balls and catched it.

MasterMatt

Smash Journeyman
Well, I think that if you could catch zapdos you should know how to catch articuno, and i personally think that it is stupid to make a thread about this, but w/e. I would just save near it and try over and over.
i completely agree, just do the same thing that you did to zapdos to catch it.... and it really is not that hard, i would be pretty embarrassed(cant spell very well) to post a thread about this... :laugh:

brdy_

Smash Lord
I had no trouble catching anything in my FireRed... in fact, it seemed easier than the original Red version. I got Mewtwo on my 3rd Ultra Ball or so, the trio was caught rather quickly as well. It's just luck so keep trying you'll get it eventually.

Top Bottom