• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What stage to counter-pick when facing Marth

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Dream Land is an obvious choice. There is plenty of room to reposition if Marth gets stage control. You will live to insane % unless you get hit with a tipper, which is unlikely if you play carefully enough. If there are bans you won't play on the stage. My 2nd favorite would be FD, but it will also give you trouble landing.

Crossie

Smash Apprentice
Dream Land if they ever let you, but they probably won't. It's Jiggs' best stage and Marth's worst. After that it's mostly preference. Always ban Yoshi's; if they won their last game there, ban PS. As LzR said, FD gives you problems with landing, but it has better blastzones than Battlefield and FoD. Personally, I like Battlefield. You get the small advantage of occasionally putting the Marth in that awkward situation where they're recovering and if they up-b too late they'll get caught under the stage, but if they do it too soon, they'll land on stage and you'll get a free punish. Edgeguarding Marth isn't very hard when he's in that position anyways, though, so it doesn't matter too much.

Last edited:

Low5_

Smash Apprentice
Personally, I enjoy the FoD counter pick due to the fact that most of the time if you die off the side, it's because of a tipper, in which case you probably would have died on most stages if you're over 50%. The high ceiling is nice against those who give up on Fsmash and go for up tilt kills off the top. Crossie is right though, it comes down to preference and how you like you play.

Last edited:
Top Bottom