• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What "Spirts" Might Actually Be

Some Beedrill

Smash Apprentice
Here is a question, what was one of the main problems people has with Smash 4? It was the menus since random modes were slapped onto the main menu with the rest of them being huddled into Games and More. Sakuri (namely his wife) has fixed this issue by removing the vault and options mode out of Games and More, since they shouldn't have been there in the first place. So if Sakuri (namely his wife) decided to fix these issues, then why would a story mode that you would probably play once be on the main menu? Unless "Spirts" was how you pretty much unlock everything, it would just be in the games or more section. I'm not saying there wouldn't be a story mode, it's just unlikely that it would be on the main menu. But this leads back to the title and a phrase, "Super Smash Bros Ultimate" and "Everyone is Here". It should be known that a game can never truly be finished, so why not let the fans create what they want. This is why I think that "Spirits" is a mode where you can create characters, stages, and all that other jazz. This does sound crazy, but if this truly is THE ultimate smash game, then something crazy would have to be implemented. If this was a hidden mode that Sakuri wanted to keep secret, it could be a story mode but considering the fact that Sakuri showed gameplay of a possible adventure mode and it being blurred out would make people think that the mode was something else. Why do you think Sakuri didn't just reaveal all the stages at E3? It was so more surprises could be had. Sakuri doesn't just reveal things for anybody to find. He does do hints but not ones on the level of a reveal for a story mode. If Sakuri truly had a giant mode that needed to be on the front screen, it wouldn't just be story mode. Just remember, if everyone is here, then everyone from everything would be in, and that is not a simple task for one development team.

WideMouthInk

Smash Cadet
As great as it would be to have a full on character creator it would have to be as as fleshed out and balanced as Soul Calibur's 3 and 6's creator for people to be really pleased with it. And even so, it seems like something that would be pretty complicated to implement in a game like smash.

Hypothetically speaking, you would probably be stuck with only a few options for body types, their respective weight, a predetermined move set based on the Ultimate roster, and the option to decorate the character with some accessories and the like that you can gain via other game modes.
Bonus if they let customize their colors.

But you would be stuck with those few options. Which might turn off fans of very specific characters and their special traits.

The other option is they could make fully original custom characters, and have each of the base bodies incorporate a wide-range of themes (Think the Mii Fighters but more fleshed out.)

Though it's likely the Miis will incorporate this gimmick, again. I honestly don't see it happening in a more favorable way.
Plus I think fully original move sets would take a a lot of development time away from the base roster in general.

As for the stage creator. I'm pretty sure we're just going to get the same thing we've had since Brawl but with a few more bells and whistles.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
I dunno what this "Spirits" stuff might actually "bee"

(seriously whats with the beedrils?)

But you would be stuck with those few options. Which might turn off fans of very specific characters and their special traits.

The other option is they could make fully original custom characters, and have each of the base bodies incorporate a wide-range of themes (Think the Mii Fighters but more fleshed out.)

Though it's likely the Miis will incorporate this gimmick, again. I honestly don't see it happening in a more favorable way.
Plus I think fully original move sets would take a a lot of development time away from the base roster in general.

As for the stage creator. I'm pretty sure we're just going to get the same thing we've had since Brawl but with a few more bells and whistles.
but yeah.. having the miis return and a character creator is super redundant. And looks like the Miis are going to have less options now so they can still be balanced for ionline and stuff. I personally would prefered if they kept the miis unbalanced and went bananas with the options and customization (considering too many options is imposible to balance) but heh, as long as i get a decent stage builkder im happy (pls :S)

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
unless spirits mode is a full modding tool, i dont know how well it would do as a character creator. Usually character creators dont allow for anything too substantial or interesting.

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
What if Spirits is a placeholder name just because they knew people would try to analyze it lol

Crash4Smash

Smash Apprentice
Actually I think it's not even called that, It's probably a mode where various minigames, event matches, boss fights, and whatever is replacing All Star Mode is located. Let's be real here, All Star Mode has to be much bigger than before so it needs a new game mode to accomidate how long it would take to beat All Star mode on easy. Hence, Adventure mode and All Star Mode are merged by having All Star Mode include boss fights, and event matches with bosses like Rathalos shall appear in special single player only stages.

I do think it's Smash3D, Secrets, Specials or something like that.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
It's the true multiplayer mode, where all the characters get wasted at a house party.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
It's Subspace Emissary 2, with a story completely unrelated to SU1. Don't overthink it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom