• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Smash Class Are You?

platnum

Smash Lord
I'm middle tier, I haven't gone to any tournaments yet, but I plan to.

I main Roy, and I'm awsome with him.

My biggest competition is my friend who main's Marth, even though he doesn't use advanced techs. his mindgamez are godly, he could beat gimpy, believe me.

Digital Angel

Smash Journeyman
I have my own rank. Smash God Grand Master Lord of Tournament Scene. It's about 200 trillion stages past Pro Expert

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
When did Gimpy suddenly become the greatest smasher ever? He's good, VERY good, definitely worthy of the title "Professional" but I get the feeling that alot of the newer members here don't actually know alot of big names around the smash community and throw around Gimpy's name just because he's so predominant on the Brawl boards.

Digital Angel

Smash Journeyman
I'm middle tier, I haven't gone to any tournaments yet, but I plan to.

I main Roy, and I'm awsome with him.

My biggest competition is my friend who main's Marth, even though he doesn't use advanced techs. his mindgamez are godly, he could beat gimpy, believe me.
I'm awsome with Pichu.

Gimpy? Anyone can beat him.

Luigi player

Smash Master
I'm between Middle Tier (Not quite Pro, but definitely a hardcore player) and Pro Beginner (Excellent players, the average tournament-goer).

I'd say Pro Beginner only, but I don't go to tournaments that often, and they're not that big.

NintendoTogepi

Smash Apprentice
Casual Beginner - Everyone who has played Smash once or twice.

I only played Melee for about a day or two before I took it back to the rental place and haven't played it since.

So I'll suck with Brawl...

Son1x

Smash Apprentice
I am between Middle Tier and Pro Beginner.

I just need to go to more tourneys, or maybe they need to come CLOSER to me. *hint hint*

TheZeroOne

Smash Apprentice
I'm probably between Casual Expert and Middle tier.

I rarely get to play against anyone, so I can't work on mind games. At friend's house, they all want to play FFA. But its pretty fun, just that it doesn't improve anything.

I will probably never ever get to go to tourneys. =[.

Smash Ninja

Smash Journeyman
Peacehaven, East Sussex, Good ol' England
I think im in Middle-tier... im good, but ive never been to tourneys... and I try to use combos and mindgames more than AT's. I have my own weird style of play that allows me to beat everyone I play, BUT that is because I am yet to play anyone above casual beginner, lol. I think when Brawl comes, I will be much better, because the new mechanics match my play style much better... I believe that I could be able to hold my own against the likes of gimpy and such... I might not win, but I will make it close... hopefully I will be able to attend some tourney and become and pro-beginner, and then maybe become higher from there...

Does anyone know of any English Smash Tourneys? Ive never heard of any... :(

SeanW

Smash Cadet
I don't hold myself in very high regards when it comes to Smash, so I think I'm a Intermediate Casual. I mean I can play Money-Match rules (my own personal name for Melee Tournamant Rules), but it's just a matter of the guy I'm playing against. 'Cause I tend to go in to fights thinking "Alright, lets just do this and see who comes out on top, but let's have some fun with it!"

Granted with Brawl I'd like to step up my game. Even moreso with D.K. just for some piece of mind.

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
I rank in the Middle Tier, I've been playing Smash since it came out (Melee), and I am rather good. However I have yet to go to a tournament, thought I have one planned.

I've been playing against my friend and we have been advancing at almost the same pace, however I have managed to keep a slight lead on him, and we have left everyone else in the dust. So far the only person who I have had a real challenge from is my brother, and he has yet to find someone who is truly better than him in Portland.

brandutt845

Smash Apprentice
I'm about..........um...Middle Tier. I'd love to answer beginner pro, but I've never joined a tourney before.

Thingy Person

Smash Journeyman
It's rate myself causal intermediate or expert. I don't really have anything to compare myself with. I quit Melee a long time ago, but I rock in SSB64 online matches. It's usually ones that combo and dashdance and absolutely detest items that beat me, so...whatever.

1ofMany_ppl

Smash Apprentice
I have a big head on me. I'm calling myself between pro-intermediate and pro-expert. Though I've never been to tournaments before ( never had a ride to get there, or too busy, or too far away) I've watched a lot of matches and felt that I could have beat the top player ( I think he plays Marth, don't know his name) If I had the chance. Hopefully when I get SSBB I'll soon after be able to get it hooked up to Wii-Fi so I can hopefully play in online tournaments in the future. I may be a little rusty....I havn't played melee in like 4 years...yeah. Since I've moved I've found no one that really plays it that is close. Though maybe thats good considering everybody saying the physics engine is nothing like melee.

matthewmilad

Smash Journeyman
"Pro Intermediate"
Although I haven't gone to as many tournies as I need to... especially not in a long while :(
But I'm at that level though, lol. I'm on par with my friends that do go and do well at tournies more often if that says anything, lol.

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
Middle tier. I've never went to a tournament but I never had anyone put up a good fight against me either.

Makes me sad that theres no tournaments in my area, but at least I will be able to find skilled smashers on forums and play them online via friends in Brawl.

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
Casual, at best. I'm getting better than my friends, though, so I'm hoping to become average after Brawl comes out.

Sl1th

Smash Apprentice
Im a Samus mainer and Id say im good enough to be a Pro Beginer but I havnt been to any tournaments unfortunatly so I guees that drops me to middle :( Definatly the best out of my freinds, only one give me a run for my money, and he is also a Falco mainers so I sympathize for you blade knight

Deep2

Smash Apprentice
Probably pro begginer, i can have 3 level 9's on a different team and i'll kill them does that count? and i've been playing smash ever since the N64 one came out, so...

kotahlicious

Smash Journeyman
noob alert im Casual Beginner i only played ssb64 and i suck at it becuase it on my emulator on pc i have a controler but i still suck

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
Probably pro begginer, i can have 3 level 9's on a different team and i'll kill them does that count? and i've been playing smash ever since the N64 one came out, so...
I'd say beating a team of 3 level 9's would probably place you at least in Casual Expert, and if you have half decent mindgames you should be at least mid-tier, maby even pro beginner.

I beat event 51 without losing a single life, and also 3 level 9's before... but I find computers to predictable... you need real humans for a good match.

Deep2

Smash Apprentice
One time when i was doing the team of 3 level 9's i was down 2 one life and so was bowser, i killed the rest, then i hit him and he hit me at the same time but when we both flew i died first. =( That one time was sorta like a tie.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
Casual Player - Casual Expert is my play style right now (Melee wise).

I expect to be pro level a few months after Brawl comes out.

Arteen

Smash Lord
I'm perfectly situated in Middle Tier. I think that I have a decent grasp of higher-level play. I've never been to a tournament before, so I'm not sure how I'd compare to tournament-goers.

Marzy

Smash Cadet
Good thread :)

I'm pretty crap at it really. I don't really play that often and when I do, it's usually to take funny screenshots now. :D I'm gonna need a lot of practice before I go online against people on Brawl.

I also, just got the original Smash Bros recently and I'm finding a lot more simpler to use then Melee is.

WoapGang

Mighty Soul of Woapgang
3DS FC
3411-2904-8277
Mid Tier-Pro Beginner only because i've never been to a tournament, but i see myself as pretty good in melee

Sideem Slingh

Smash Journeyman
I'm middle tier, but every day without practice my skill drops a bit...

I'm not really worried about my skill anyways, I find the knowledge of the game to be more interesting to me.

Top Bottom