• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What should the United States really focus on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandy

Smash Champion
Foreign issues or our own crap?

Simple topic. What's the deal with the United States digging into other country's own business? It's cool that we're not a totally selfish country and don't mind giving other nations a push into the right path, but it seems like the United States is always getting involved into something else, one after another. An example can be said about the subsided homeless people in our country. Not one candidate to my knowledge said anything about giving these unfortunate people a helping hand, working their way around them as if they didn't exist. That's just an example out of a ton. I think that we need to start focusing on our own problems rather than issues that are occurring outside of this country. What are your thoughts?

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
I can agree that the US government likes to stick their hands into places they shouldn't go. It seems to me that the government is trying to make every country that we help more like the United States, or just become more like Americans. But it also seems like our allies need help all the time, no matter how small the matter is.

But places like genocide in Darfur, and other issues that happen in Africa with countries, it's nice that we help, but sometimes, we need to let their government handle with their issues on their own. If they require US help, then they will ask. The UN is one of those organizations that seem to be ones to help out with these types of situations.

Right now, however, with the issues that the government have with the Middle East, they should just stick to our own issues for now, until it is resolved (if that ever happens), and then we can help out with whatever needs are needed in other countries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom