• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What should I do about rainbow cruise

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
How do you guys feel Luigi does on Rainbow Cruise (vs. space animals)? I don't really want to have to use my ban on that stage.

Is it bad enough that I need a secondary for it, or is it okay once I get used to playing on it?

Any advice about playing on it as Luigi?

Vist

Smash Champion
How do you guys feel Luigi does on Rainbow Cruise (vs. space animals)? I don't really want to have to use my ban on that stage.

Is it bad enough that I need a secondary for it, or is it okay once I get used to playing on it?

Any advice about playing on it as Luigi?
IMO RC is a double-edged sword for most people that pick it, as in it usually sucks for both players to some degree and seems to carry a decent amount of risk too. If they do pick it, it could work against them just as much as it does for you.

I generally don't bother banning it unless I have good reason to think that they'd actually cp it. The cp is usually better geared towards avoiding a more frequently played stage that the opponent is more likely to feel comfortable on. I would just stick it out with luigi unless your secondary is almost as good or better.

Anyway, I feel like Luigi does so-so on the stage in general vs spacies. The section with all the platforms (after the boat crashes-> the swinging platform) is the hardest part and the rest isn't so bad. During that section you get forced into the air over and over along with the ceilings / kill-zones feeling so close. It can be a huge pain when you have to approach but you gotta be patient. You could be getting lasered like crazy but at the very least you probably won't get combo'd that easily with all the platforms moving around + a lot of them not allowing fall-through stuff..

I don't think there's really much advice to give tho.. Just play it safe when you have to and try to keep your cool.

p.s. If they're picking RC then they probably feel bad about themselves. Make the most of the situation by reminding them that they are lame & probably wouldn't beat you on a neutral stage, that you thought there wasn't time for (rainbow) crews at this tournament, and that they were adopted...... idk..

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
p.s. If they're picking RC then they probably feel bad about themselves. Make the most of the situation by reminding them that they are lame & probably wouldn't beat you on a neutral stage, that you thought there wasn't time for (rainbow) crews at this tournament, and that they were adopted...... idk..
Hahahahahaha

I don't think lasers are they way to go anyways on RC, if they're lasering you you can just shield...it's way more problematic if they abuse Luigi's crappy aerial movement to snipe Bairs or Knees (same deal with Marth)

Just gotta get ahead of them in terms of how far along the stage you are really

StretchNutz

Smash Journeyman
Are you really good at the rising down-b? Even if you are, get better. It makes aerial movement through RC so simple. Just remember, as long as part of the little jump at the end where the second group of hitboxes comes out is touching the ground the cyclone is charged. If you are careful about timing your presses you can fly between the platforms with a lot less risk.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
if you didn't know moving stages make you jump higher than normal RC only like a foot more one way to the side or up. rising down-B WILL be easier than normal at random parts rising.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
I really hate RC. I try and play a pretty patient Luigi and it is really hard when you have to keep jumping. Like Vist said, after the boat crashes you are not looking so hot. The stage moves up and anytime Luigi is forced to jump he is just asking to get hit. Luigi has very little mobility in the air and his floatiness just makes him a huge target whenever he jumps.

The part between the pendulum thingy and the drop to the boat is somewhat ok, but spacies can camp soooo easily that it is far from advantageous. I would say this stage is definitely worthy of a ban or a secondary.

Top Bottom