• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What "should" but likely won't happen? (NOT FOR CHARACTERS)

Lazor Llama

Smash Rookie
Special stages that gives characters different movesets (for example: Dream Team stage gives Luigi his Dreamy Luigi powers)

D

Deleted member

A mode where you can spend Smash Coins on goodies like trophies, stickers, and CDs. Characters and stages could also be bought, but they would cost a LOT of coins.

Last edited by a moderator:

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
A rare item: the Warp Whistle! Blowing into it would summon a tornado that carries the fighters to a completely different stage (chosen at random, most likely)!

It should be pretty rare, and obviously would be toggleable for those who don't want any stage-hopping.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Random tripping is gone, so this isn't exactly unlikely
That was never confirmed. Just people assuming he meant that when he actually said "Tripping was definitely gone" with absolutely zero context on Sakurai's part.

People can keep taking his own words out of context all they want, but until the game's release, there is no way to tell random tripping is gone whatsoever. No, believing it doesn't make it a fact. Being unpopular doesn't make it a fact. We need to see it gone before it's a fact. He could've actually said or implied it was random tripping. Absolutely nothing in the interview indicates that Sakurai meant random tripping in any possible way, and the original tweet is lost in time(so there is no source either).

It's not like everybody hated it, and it happens so little it barely matters. Forced tripping is surprisingly more of a hindrance to winning than random ever was, and to be honest, I'd rather see that leave since it actually affects matches consistently.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
That was never confirmed. Just people assuming he meant that when he actually said "Tripping was definitely gone" with absolutely zero context on Sakurai's part.

People can keep taking his own words out of context all they want, but until the game's release, there is no way to tell random tripping is gone whatsoever. No, believing it doesn't make it a fact. Being unpopular doesn't make it a fact. We need to see it gone before it's a fact. He could've actually said or implied it was random tripping. Absolutely nothing in the interview indicates that Sakurai meant random tripping in any possible way, and the original tweet is lost in time(so there is no source either).

It's not like everybody hated it, and it happens so little it barely matters. Forced tripping is surprisingly more of a hindrance to winning than random ever was, and to be honest, I'd rather see that leave since it actually affects matches consistently.
Forced tripping was confirmed to be back via a picture, IIRC. The only other kinda of tripping is random.

Do the math.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Forced tripping was confirmed to be back via a picture, IIRC. The only other kinda of tripping is random.

Do the math.
So he lied. There, I did the math. He said "Tripping will definitely not return." There is nothing saying he didn't mean all kinds of tripping period.

I can easily conclude he was lying or decided to put it all back. That's the problem with him being completely vague. There's more than one interpretation to give. If he really actually meant random tripping, and didn't want to leave any confusion, he could've blatantly said it instead of hoping people assume something that he didn't even say properly. Honestly, if it's not even gone? I wouldn't be surprised, since it's not like he said random tripping was gone in any way, shape, or form. Ever. Then again, it's not like I didn't make that clear that he was vague period, which is the only accurate thing about what he said, he was vague about it. Why, nobody knows.

Also, I would prefer forced and random tripping to stay in the game myself. Just give us an option to disable random for the purpose of competitive matches(and it'd apply to Single Player too to make it easier on everyone). I found it fun anyway, and it never cost me a match at any time. I just used it to quickly roll out of the way and launch an attack.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Or translator error.

It's happened before.
We can only go realistically with what we're given, a vague answer. Either he meant no tripping would return, but changed his mind, or he meant random tripping was gone. Both are realistically viable. I stand by what I said that he could be lying. He's lied before, even for a short moment as a joke. Like with that silly ZSS thing. It was short, but he still lied to our faces directly. Also, saying tripping is gone(which people assume is Random Tripping, despite it not being provable until the game's release anyway) sounds like good PR. I could easily see it back via an option to disable it and leave everybody happy. Some people do like Random Tripping, mind you. It would also stop people from taking his vague statement out of context. Even the SmashWiki makes it clear it's hypothetical what he meant overall. Which is the logical thing to do, wait till we know more facts, not just theories.

Also, I want to see the Stage Editor and the other Mini-Games back. Every Mini-game, too. Even the Coin Launcher(which I despised due to the fact you could barely get Trophies from it. It's otherwise fine).

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
I don't see how people are taking it out of context. There's not that many ways to misinterpret his statement, which I believe went somewhat like "To answer quite frankly, it will not return,". Besides the possibility of a skewed translation, it really isn't as vague as you are making it out to be.

Could he have lied? Absolutely. But there's no reason not to give him the benefit of the doubt.
He is developing the game, and has chosen to share a fair bit of information with us. If he says something is or isn't in the game, it's most likely true, and if not... well, that's on him, not us. I simply don't see any point in questioning everything he says.
He has stated something along the lines of 'tripping is will not return'. Forced tripping has been confirmed to come back, so the only other type left to deal with is random tripping. I don't see why more proof is needed than that, as of now.

On topic:
Also, I want to see the Stage Editor and the other Mini-Games back. Every Mini-game, too. Even the Coin Launcher (which I despised due to the fact you could barely get Trophies from it. It's otherwise fine).
I hope that the stage editor will return too - I have a good feeling it will, even better than it was in Brawl. As for the coin launcher, I don't know. It could go either way.
I'd like to see coin lottery instead, perhaps.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I don't see how people are taking it out of context. There's not that many ways to misinterpret his statement, which I believe went somewhat like "To answer quite frankly, it will not return,". Besides the possibility of a skewed translation, it really isn't as vague as you are making it out to be.

Could he have lied? Absolutely. But there's no reason not to give him the benefit of the doubt.
He is developing the game, and has chosen to share a fair bit of information with us. If he says something is or isn't in the game, it's most likely true, and if not... well, that's on him, not us. I simply don't see any point in questioning everything he says.
He has stated something along the lines of 'tripping is will not return'. Forced tripping has been confirmed to come back, so the only other type left to deal with is random tripping. I don't see why more proof is needed than that, as of now.
That still assumes he ever meant Random Tripping when he said that. There's still no way to know that. It's possible, but not confirmed. I still honestly think it could be in at this point.

And there was zero context on Sakurai's part. The Interviewer had context, but we don't even know if Sakurai understood that. It's not about benefit of the doubt, it's that I take a vague statement as vague. Even the Interview alone could've said "Will random tripping return?" Not something that implies it.(I can tell you from experience that implications are a bad way to interview people. It's easily to lose in translation, and what is obvious to someone isn't obvious to another). Taking it at face value is something I avoid, that's why I'm skeptical of its meaning, respectively.

Either way, we can't say he honestly confirmed random tripping was gone. That's just an interpretation, but not one that is easily provable. For the record, it probably is gone and it wouldn't surprise me. And if I'm wrong, no big deal either. I just like to be patient and wait for a more proper explanation. The reason I hope he goes to the "options" idea for it is that I know some people like it, and it's honestly fun in casuals. You can do some silly things. Plus, they look funny when they trip too. I found it brought some much need comedy to Brawl's more serious nature, personally. It just sucks in competition(almost always) and Single Player(sometimes). Although to be fair, random tripping happens so little, forced tripping does actually influence a match quite a bit more.

[quote[I hope that the stage editor will return too - I have a good feeling it will, even better than it was in Brawl. As for the coin launcher, I don't know. It could go either way.
I'd like to see some sort of a coin lottery instead, perhaps.[/quote]
I didn't mind the Lottery, but it wasn't intuitive. That's why I like having both as an option, respectively.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Either way, we can't say he honestly confirmed random tripping was gone. That's just an interpretation, but not one that is easily provable. For the record, it probably is gone and it wouldn't surprise me. And if I'm wrong, no big deal either. I just like to be patient and wait for a more proper explanation.
I can certainly see your point of view. I guess in a matter of time we will find out, but like you said, it's no big deal who is 'right' or not. That's not what this is about :)

As for me, I found tripping rather annoying at times, but I don't hate it with the burning passion a lot of the community seems to have. So I honestly wouldn't complain if it ended up returning.
I really really like this idea. Well done sir.
This needs to ****ing exist. Now.
Thanks everybody! It was just another one of those crazy ideas that just pop into your head when you least expect it. :)

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Better game modes than just Time and Stock. (Don't you mention Coin, NO ONE PLAYS THAT!)

You really should have a King of the Hill style game mode. Smash is perfect for that.

Also a Capture the Flag on Palutena's Temple or an Oddball like game mode in which you hold on to an object as long as possible.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Also a Capture the Flag on Palutena's Temple or an Oddball like game mode in which you hold on to an object as long as possible.
I want capture the flag that uses miniature end-of-level flags from SMB!
And your second idea could be 'hold the trophy', in which a trophy is selected as the item to be held onto (like the shine mode in Mario Kart Double Dash)

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Turn on or off the character you want to appear in the pokeballs and assist trophies.

Turn Master balls on or off.

Only use pokeballs and assist trophies to hit the opponent!

Items battle mode, Use items only to beat the opponents.
(The idea of ride able like character as Rambi could be neat but Gogoat do it too, this not my idea completely.)

When you defeated you can do Voice Taunt like example: Press R and Mario say "Stinky" (Mario Party Ideas lol!!!)

Classic trophies and Normal trophies just like melee did need to return, and All-star final smash trophie stay.

Resurrection Platform customization and you own online profile with a exclusively pro member is your good enough.

JNS

Smash Cadet
A bunch of random requests of mine...
Items
- New DKC Item. Animal Buddy- A Crate pops up that randomly releases an animal buddy like Rambi, expresso etc. These can be ridden for short amounts of time and have special attacks.
-Zero (from Mega Man) as an assist trophy
-Energy Tank as a healing item (Mega man)

Stage
-Themes and franchise specific props for Stage Creator (Mario theme, DKC theme, Kirby theme etc.)
-Tetris Stage or assist trophy (Trophy could summon falling blocks which damage opponents)
Single Player
-Marx from Kirby Super Star as Boss
-Be able to add extra music to stages, and move the default music that comes with the game from stage to stage.
-Turn stage hazards, including guest bosses on/off in multiplayer.

Modes
-Bring Bonus Point based Match back.
-Make all the minigames, such as Break the targets, board the platforms etc. multiplayer
-Multiplayer event matches and Boss run Mode

Charachter Details
-Koopa Clown Car for Bowser's entrance
-Samus's Roll is not the morph ball. Her crawl is.
-Alternate costumes for each character. Roy could be a Marth Alt, same as Dr. Mario should be a Mario alt.

Yokta

That's Yoktastic!
You know how after a match in Melee, the winner does a victory pose in front of a completely black, featureless backdrop? Wouldn't it be more interesting if the winner celebrated their victory in the same map they fought in?

Morbi

Scavenger
You know how after a match in Melee, the winner does a victory pose in front of a completely black, featureless backdrop? Wouldn't it be more interesting if the winner celebrated their victory in the same map they fought in?
Or even better yet, their franchise's home stage! Link could celebrate his victory on Skyloft (or Gerudo Valley on the 3DS). Or even better yet, a location that is not present in the game that best represents the character. Or even better yet, what you said...

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
Or in front of an iconic series related backdrop?

QuickRat

Smash Journeyman
- I would like to see a stage-configuration menu in which you can control some options like randomness, enemies, platforms...

- Other option to perform a Final Smash apart from the Smash Ball.

Top Bottom