• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What secondary do you use and for what match-up?

Indigo_

Smash Cadet
Hey guys,

New forum member and competitive player here. I noticed that the Lucario forums are mostly pretty dead, so I wanted to try and spark some discussion within the next few weeks.

I was curious which secondaries you all use and why. How does switching characters help in a particular match-up and do you feel like you lose some of your edge when you focus on two characters instead of just one?

Empire~

s a d b o y s
Sheik for Ness.

I don't know about you guys, but I struggle with the Rosalina mu. I've had more success using Sheik and Mario.

Indigo_

Smash Cadet
Here's my list of hard match ups in order of difficulty:

1) Villager 2) Ness 3) Rosalina 4) Mario 5) ZSS

I'm thinking about picking up a Yoshi secondary seeing as he has decent match-ups versus all of these characters.

CreatureComforts

Smash Rookie
Meta Knight for Mario and Ness (his MU vs. Ness is better than you might think).

I've heard that he's also pretty good against Rosa, but I've yet to see any evidence of this (mostly because I haven't looked)

Enenra

Smash Rookie
Fox< little mac
Mario I haven't found a good counter so I usually stay lucario.
Rosalina<dark pit

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
No disrespect just wondering why Lucario is as high as he is on the tier list is there something i dont know about him?

Used 2 main him in brawl just curious plz fill me in.

Anyone have a crazy video or 2 of someone doing work?

Last edited:

Indigo_

Smash Cadet
No disrespect just wondering why Lucario is as high as he is on the tier list is there something i dont know about him?

Used 2 main him in brawl just curious plz fill me in.

Anyone have a crazy video or 2 of someone doing work?
Search Kamicario, Loota.

IMO he stands where he is purely due to aura. Even if you are getting stomped in neutral, you can set up for a single hard read at high percents, especially versus the light top tiers. Having the capability to cancel his recovery and b reverse/wave bounce are essential.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Search Kamicario, Loota.

IMO he stands where he is purely due to aura. Even if you are getting stomped in neutral, you can set up for a single hard read at high percents, especially versus the light top tiers. Having the capability to cancel his recovery and b reverse/wave bounce are essential.
Just watch 2 Kamicario videos on youtube from 2moro im maining Lucario
Real%Talk

Last edited:

Jcsaenz1

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4210-4404-7146
You should also check out Motsunabe, he's #3 in Umebura (above Abadango, Earth, 9B and others) and recently took Umebura 20. His Lucario is something you could learn from.

Top Bottom