• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What secondaries are best to choose from to deal with Samus' hardest matchups?

NeXi2

Smash Rookie
I was thinking Mario since he deals with mewtwo pretty well but mewtwo is the only real hard counter to samus I know. Any suggestions?

pizzacato

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
coda#0
NNID
Pizzacato
I'd say that's plenty enough, but be sure to match your skill with your primary. It's not only about matchups, you gotta outplay your opponent. Work hard man. #WeBelieve

Litt

Samus
G&W covers pretty much all of samus's weaker match ups, but because of both fire and ice, samus has the tools to deal with any match up really

pizzacato

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
coda#0
NNID
Pizzacato
Kirby's pretty tough, but you can clank their dash attack with a boost ball.
um, Sheik always sucks.
Mario's also tough, don't get caught in fireball city.

Litt

Samus
Kirby's pretty tough, but you can clank their dash attack with a boost ball.
um, Sheik always sucks.
Mario's also tough, don't get caught in fireball city.
Nah Sheik is easy after learning the melee match up, as for kirby, just go ice move and do not approach, and wall kirby out with fairs if he goes in the air, and if he stays on the ground, low angled forward tilts into jab pressure when you can. Mario, squirtal, TLink and Ike are the only match ups I found to be just flat out unfair on a number of fronts against samus, but know, no match up is unwinable.

pizzacato

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
coda#0
NNID
Pizzacato
Nah Sheik is easy after learning the melee match up, as for kirby, just go ice move and do not approach, and wall kirby out with fairs if he goes in the air, and if he stays on the ground, low angled forward tilts into jab pressure when you can. Mario, squirtal, TLink and Ike are the only match ups I found to be just flat out unfair on a number of fronts against samus, but know, no match up is unwinable.
IKE?? I'm not sure if I agree with that. Elaborate.

Litt

Samus
Ike on a small stage if he just reacts can cover every single option samus has when she is on ledge

Litt

Samus
Hmm looks like I'm banning them small stages. hah
Legit only option I found was to let go to ledge, DI towards the stage, then rising zair, so I wouldn't grapple the stage and my zair would hit ike, even still though, it didnt put me in that good of a position

Kaysick

Smash Journeyman
I use Kirby and Meta Knight as secondaries. Kirby is really only meant for very specific MUs like Ike, ROB, Yoshi for me.

Chevy

Smash Ace
Legit only option I found was to let go to ledge, DI towards the stage, then rising zair, so I wouldn't grapple the stage and my zair would hit ike, even still though, it didnt put me in that good of a position
I would try ledge hop -> immediately air-dodge to bait attack -> zair.

Top Bottom