• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Retro maps would you put in the next mario kart?

Duck SMASH!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
C.Piglet
Honestly, I think Wario Colosseum was a pain in the ass to navigate, and it doesn't really add much in terms of design to Mario kart aside from its sheer length, unless the next time it reappears it abuses a new game mechanic or something...

Mushroom City will probably return just because there aren't many unused GC tracks left... Dry Dry Desert was a good example off this... though they tried to revitalize the course it just shows its age...

I think the Gamecube Bowser castle deserves a return, however. It's been too long already, and the longer we wait to bring it back, the higher the chance that newer game mechanics will expose the age of the older games.

I think Toad's factory (Wii) should return. Perhaps with an antigravity section and/or flying sections. The factory motif is perfect for experimenting with new game mechanics, just like how Waluigi stadium in MKWii used the trick ramps everywhere.
Also,
I don't have any preference on the order of these tracks.

Top Bottom