• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What pokemon do you think or want in smash 4?

nikthegreat

Smash Rookie
Simple as that. What pokemon do you think will be in smash 4? First, lets assume that pikachu and jigglypuff are staying as they are icons in America and Japan respectively. And for fun, what pokemon would you pick for smash.

Me personally, I would love Swampert to be put in, but as for who I think will be in, probably be Zorark, Mewthree, and maybe Genesect.

[Corn]

Smash Ace
My favorite pokemon are Shuckle and Miltank, but I doubt they will get an appearance at all.

Im guessing Mewtwo/three and Zoroark, but I hate Zoroark.

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
Want? Like playable or pokeball mons?

Either way.

Chairzard
Scizor
Nidoking
Breloom
Zoroark
Mollux ;)

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I'm predicting the Brawl roster -Lucario +Mewtwo.

As for who I'd want in, Nidoking and Garchomp for sure.

Smashiny

Smash Journeyman
Lucario will be out, Newtwo will be in...
I'm hesitant about Pokemon trainer, he will probably be replaced (by a trainer with gen 6 pokemon, or a different pokemon all together (not sure which one though))... :/

Lapras. At least as a 3DS stage.
Omg Genius! :p They really should make a seafoam islands stage or something, with lapras being a temporary platform! :o

Oh look! It's KiKi!

Smash Rookie
I dont' see PT or Lucario coming back. That's two open slots as far as pokemon go. One would be for Mewtwo I think.

I'm satisfied with the pokemon that are in it as it is, so I would use the other slot for a non-pokemon character, but if I HAD to, I'd say Mew. We've already had Mewtwo, so why not Mew?

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
If it were up to me, I'd bring Poke Trainer back with the same 3 1st gen starters, Mewtwo, Pikachu, and Jigglypuff.

But if say... Pokemon Trainer had to leave... I'd replace him with Team Rocket.

Taking the lead would be Meowth, but Team Rocket would be sort of cheering from the background. The difference? These guys play dirty and WILL enter the battle through attack forms.

For example:

Meowth's B+Tilt would be "Triple Bycicle": Jesse, James, and Meowth start pedaling a bike forward, ramming opponents on the way. Can't change direction, and serves as main way to recover.

Down+B would summon Weezing for support (he would act like in Melee)

Up+B would summon Arbok and cast glare on an opponent (same effect as Mewtwo's disable).

But anyway, that's what I'd pick: Pikachu, Jigs, Mewtwo and P.T. OR (Meowth)Team Rocket.

nikthegreat

Smash Rookie
we've all ready got a thread for this
You do? Sorry about that. When I search, all I can find is how Sakurai chooses pokemon for smash brothers. Very sorry about that. I just wanted a thread to see what people would choose if they had there pick.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Sorry for derailing a bit but... wasn't there a Meowth support thread?

I really think Meowth should be a new Pokemon rep. He's basically the 2nd pokemon with more screen time (and just because he didn't appear in the very 1st Pokemon episode)
Team Rocket is my main reason why I like Pokemon Yellow the most out of all Pokemon games. :p (That and getting all 3 starters)

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
Sorry for derailing a bit but... wasn't there a Meowth support thread?

I really think Meowth should be a new Pokemon rep. He's basically the 2nd pokemon with more screen time (and just because he didn't appear in the very 1st Pokemon episode)
Team Rocket is my main reason why I like Pokemon Yellow the most out of all Pokemon games. :p (That and getting all 3 starters)
I personally think that Meowth deserves a spot as a character more than Jigglypuff does. Mostly because he's, I don't know, much more relevant to the series? :rolleyes:

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
Mewtwo, but he should return as the one from the comic. I want to hit people with a giant spoon, and people unfamiliar with the comic will just view it as the randomness of smash anyways.

Luigi player

Smash Master
I really hope Mewtwo will return this time (like normal form more, but it's new form/or at least with transforming to both is more likely).

Other than that it's pretty difficult to say. There are so many of them, although a big part is flying/swimming/can't jump/something else so they couldn't really make it in...
What I'd like the most would be:
- Rampardos (3rd favorite Pokemon after Kyogre and Omstar, which both wouldn't really fit there, although I guess you could somehow make Omastar work in Smash, but it would seem really really strange)
- Scizor (I was so hyped when I saw him in a trailer in Melee, but I later found out he wasn't playable... :()

Those would probably be my top choices. After that maybe Blastoise or Hitmonlee.

But tbh I'm sure the chances of any of those except Mewtwo are almost zero, so I don't expect them to be in the game (at least not playable).
As long as Mewtwo's in I'm happy...

What I think is:
Pikachu (already confirmed and obvious)
Mewtwo (has a good chance, but isn't a shoe in)
Jigglypuff (has a good chance to return because it's there since the beginning)
Charizard (might be still in the game, but probably not)
PT (he may be still in the game, maybe with different Pokemon, but I don't think it's very likely)
Zoroark (maybe)
Lucario (might return, but I think it's more likely he won't)

I'm thinking Pokemon will have 4 or 5 characters. (PT counting as one)

Enigma14

Smash Champion
As iconic as first gen is it doesn't stir a lot of buzz besides having Mewtwo and Charizard playable. Although if Starmie or Gengar were playable I'd wonder how'd it work...

Personally I'd like to see pokemon playable from all 5 gens. As well as typings not represented as playable yet. So far we've had Psychic, normal, electric, water, fire, grass and poison (Sadly Ivysaur was strictly grass).

Give up Jiggs' spot to someone else and have the other 3 in there as well.

Realistically though if we were to have gen 5 or 6 playable in some form it would be whatever was the most popular. I could list all the ensemble darkhorses but I'll just list my personal wants:

Gen 2- Ledian
3- Deoxys (Change forms as final smash a la ZSS)
4- Garchomp, a heavy flier like Charizard
5- Female protagonist trainer with Snivy, Dewott & Emboar
6- Pancham

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Well this is my ideal character wants for Pokemon:

Pikachu: The same. He needs to be a bit nerfed from Brawl, though. Dsmash and Down+B, too powerful.

Pokemon Trainer: Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard return, plus... JIGGLYPUFF is included to the lineup.
+Every Pokemon gets a new Down+B except Jigglypuff
+You can switch between Pokemon through TAUNT buttons:
(Left: Squirtle, Down:Jigglypuff, Right: Ivysaur, Up: Charizard)

Mewtwo: Returns buffed from Melee. More psychig attacks, less physical ones. Also gets a new form, perhaps awakened through time (similar to Wario Waft buildup). OR Final Smash.

Team Rocket: They act like Pokemon Trainer, but you only use Meowth.
+Down B, makes Jesse summon Arbok, who will wrap around opponents.
+UP B, makes James summon Weezing, who acts just like in Melee.
+Tilt B: Jesse and James jump on a triple-seated bycicle, Meowth hops on the front seat, and ride forward (only) ramming everything in their way. This is Meowth's main form of recovery.
Being a recovery move, means it obviously works on air. Until Jesse and James pull a Wile E.Coyote on the audience and "discover" they were defying the laws of gravity, which is when the bicycle will fall with them except Meowth.

+B: Pay Day (if you mash it, it acts like in Brawl. If you hold it, it acts like in 64 for a brief time)

----
Of course, pushing all boundaries, I'd love to see Pichu and Lucario fit inside Pokemon Trainer. But that's really asking for a lot. Might as well have Trainer as an "optional switching between ALL pokemon" kind of deal.

SKM_NeoN

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo needs to replace Lucario and Pokémon Trainer.

My favorite Pokémon are Tentacruel and Mismagius. I'd love to see them in SSB4 via pokeball.

DRM4R10

Smash Apprentice
I want Geno Blaziken in the game and Mewtwo.
I think they're gonna add Zoroak, I don't really like Gen 5 pkmn but Zoroak would be ok.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Tauros: Starts running after the player and attacking them for some Seconds before it dissepear.
Magikarp: Taking over the role as Goldeen.

^
My wishes as of Pokeballs

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
Mewtwo
zoroark
3rd gen trainer ( PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN)
bisharp
girantina
although bisharp and girantina have practically no chance

the thing im mad about the most is how many gen 1 pokemon there are. In brawl there was pikachu, jigglypuff, squirtle, ivysaur, charizard, and in melee they had mewtwo.
Im not against gen 1 but it is becoming overkill, they should have reps from as many gens as possible instead of only having 2 reps from the other gens 1 of which being pichu... i mean 6 gen 1 pokemon when at the time there was 4 gens to choose from is ridiculous

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Tauros: Starts running after the player and attacking them for some Seconds before it dissepear.
Magikarp: Taking over the role as Goldeen.

^
My wishes as of Pokeballs
I think there might be a thread for pokeball pokemon if not I would make one if I were you (actually I might make one)

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
really, REALLY want lucario to stay in, and mewtwo should also return.

as for a newcomer, I would like Grovyle for representing Pokemon mystery dungeon.

Snailtopus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JoeySnail
I think it's likely that PT and Lucario will be removed from the roster. Pikachu is an icon and Jiggs is Sakurai's favorite pkmn (right?) so I expect them to stay.

I would like to see Golduck in the new smash (he's my favorite) with an arsenal of water and psychic moves, well-rounded with average attack power, speed, fall speed, and weight (kind of like Mario)

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
The new trio that I want for SSB4 are the 3rd Gen starters:
1- Mudkip everyone loves Mudkip ! :grin:
2- Grovyle: Pokemon Mystery dungeon legend, enough said.
3- Blaziken: One of the coolest pokemon in my perspective.

MasteRMerF

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MasteRMerF
3DS FC
5000-2607-1297
The new trio that I want for SSB4 are the 3rd Gen starters:
1- Mudkip everyone loves Mudkip ! :grin:
2- Grovyle: Pokemon Mystery dungeon legend, enough said.
3- Blaziken: One of the coolest pokemon in my perspective.
This.

SirGalvan

Smash Journeyman
Think oshawott hitting people with razor shell would be amazing

Also some Pokemon I want incorporated is

Lapras
Melotta
Any eevelution (how they not been in yet is beyond me)
Noctowl
Victini
Castform

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
Most deserving:
Mewtwo + its new form.
Meowth is still an icon for the anime series. Which new generations of kids are introduced to the show all the time, and meowth has been there from the beginning.

The Eevee line is extremely popular, and sells a crap ton of merchandise...but finding a reasonable and workable way to pull something like that off might not be possible.

Recentness:
New gen rep...which my guess from what has been shown would be mewtwo with its new form.

Ditto would be my dark horse pick.

Changing into a different pokemon for every attack. It would be a lot of work, but it seems like all the newcomers have a lot of work being put into their movesets. Along with unique fighting styles.

Top Bottom