• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What pisses me off about all you diddy kong mains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skyflyer

Smash Journeyman
Ok, I need to vent so here goes. Some of you can probably guess what this is going to be about, but honestly, I don't give a f*ck. Today I'm going to talk about bananas. As you may know this is diddy's best move. It is used far more than any other move by diddy mains.

But lets get to the point here. Most of you use diddy's bannas a lot and some nearly the whole match. The thing is IT'S SPAM. You guys say "It takes skill to use bananas so it's not spamming, it's an art ololololololol". Ok, this has to be some of the most ******** bull**** I have ever heard in my whole life. The smash wiki definition is using a move repetitvely. That's what you people do. Just because it has a high learning curve doesn't exempt it from beong spam. One you get good at it, then it will become automatic and as easy to spam as pit's arrows

BTW: I CAN DEAL WITH BANANAS. IT'S THE FACT THAT YOU ALL THINK JUST BECAUSE IT HAS A HIGH LEARNING CURVE IT ISN'T SPAM THAT IS PISSING ME OFF.

Chaco

Never Logs In
It is a game mechanic, spam or not it is in the game. And you have to do what it takes to win.

This need be locked. Har.

Skyflyer

Smash Journeyman
It is a game mechanic, spam or not it is in the game. And you have to do what it takes to win.

This need be locked. Har.
I'm not complaining because I can't beat bananas. I just want all the freaking idiots that call it an "art" to realize that it can be spammed like anything else.

Mmac

Smash Lord
I'm not even a Diddy main, and I could have already tell this was about Banana's before I even came in....

Ilucamy

Smash Journeyman
It's annoying, and it's spam, but that's how Diddy functions best. Can't blame em just cause they know how to make use of their moves (even though I hate it as much as you probably do).

Skyflyer

Smash Journeyman
It's annoying, and it's spam, but that's how Diddy functions best. Can't blame em just cause they know how to make use of their moves (even though I hate it as much as you probably do).
Good. You realize it's spam. That's all I want.

Mmac

Smash Lord
I'm not complaining because I can't beat bananas. I just want all the freaking idiots that call it an "art" to realize that it can be spammed like anything else.
It's not spammed like anything else. It's completely different from Pit, Falco, MetaKnight, and even Olimar Spammers. It requires Natural Skill, It requires proper spacing, It requires timing, and it requires rhythm.

If the Diddy is just mindlessly throwing Banana's, then yes, it's spam. However anything else can't be compared to the commons

Skyflyer

Smash Journeyman
It's not spammed like anything else. It's completely different from Pit, Falco, MetaKnight, and even Olimar Spammers. It requires Natural Skill, It requires proper spacing, It requires timing, and it requires rhythm.

If the Diddy is just mindlessly throwing Banana's, then yes, it's spam. However anything else can't be compared to the commons
Like I said. SO WHAT IF IT REQUIRES SKILL? Since when was there a rule that said if it takes skill, then it's not spam? One you get it down pat, it becomes automatic.

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
As you may know this is diddy's best move. It is used far more than any other move by diddy mains.
WRONG!! Bananas are a great asset to Diddy but they are definitely not his best move, at least in my opinion. And I would say that grab or dash attack are Diddy mains most used move.

Anyways did you really come on the Diddy forums just to vent and tell Diddy players that bananas are spam??? There are already enough threads like this, adding yours wont make Diddy players have an epiphany and all realize that its spam. Some people will still think its spam while others wont, thats just how it is.

And sorry man, but this thread is SPAM.

-advent-

SonicFire

Smash Apprentice
It's easy to see where you're getting at. Naner spamming's annoying, so? MKs tend to spam Dsmash, Snakes spam Mortar Slides, Grenades, and sometimes tilts, Diddy Kong players spam nanerz, and why's that? Simple, it works. Find something that works well against naner spamming and you'll have no problem with them anymore, until then, try CP'ing Diddy with stages or even change characters if you must.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
Just shut up. Every other day you complain about a new character that you can't beat. You went to the Wario and Snake boards asking what is their worst matchup and started complaining that they were too good. Stop complaining and learn from your mistakes.

Skyflyer

Smash Journeyman
Just shut up. Every other day you complain about a new character that you can't beat. You went to the Wario and Snake boards asking what is their worst matchup and started complaining that they were too good. Stop complaining and learn from your mistakes.
This isn't a complaint thread because I can't beat bananas. I'm just tired of you all calling it an "art".

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
Like I said. SO WHAT IF IT REQUIRES SKILL? Since when was there a rule that said if it takes skill, then it's not spam? One you get it down pat, it becomes automatic.

Also since when was it a rule to not be able to spam. There are tons of characters in the game that are effective because of just one move. Snake's Ftilt, Meta's Shuttle loop, IC/D3 Grab, GaW Bair, Rob's Fair (just my opinion), Falco's lasers.

Skyflyer

Smash Journeyman
It's easy to see where you're getting at. Naner spamming's annoying, so? MKs tend to spam Dsmash, Snakes spam Mortar Slides, Grenades, and sometimes tilts, Diddy Kong players spam nanerz, and why's that? Simple, it works. Find something that works well against naner spamming and you'll have no problem with them anymore, until then, try CP'ing Diddy with stages or even change characters if you must.
All I want you to realize is that it's spam. I'm happy that you do.

Skyflyer

Smash Journeyman
Also since when was it a rule to not be able to spam. There are tons of characters in the game that are effective because of just one move. Snake's Ftilt, Meta's Shuttle loop, IC/D3 Grab, GaW Bair, Rob's Fair (just my opinion), Falco's lasers.
I DON'T CARE ABOUT SPAMMING

I care that you guys try to cover up the fact that it IS spam.

Mmac

Smash Lord
Well it depends, are you talking about Banana based Techniques (Dribbling and the like), or just general Banana usage? (Just Throwing it at you and comboing with a Smash or something)

Skyflyer

Smash Journeyman
Also, I didn't complain that they were too good. all I asked was what was their worst matchup. That one simple question. When I ask that, at least I'm actually TRYING to do better against these chars instead of johning like some people. You're a moron who is always trying to exaggerate what I say.

I think you're doing this just because you don't like that fact that I use MK.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
A few facts about Diddy and his mains:

-Diddy is not the only person who can use his bananas.
-Diddy can get combod by bananas.
-Many characters are better at this than Diddy.
-Many Diddy mains almost give you their bananas.

The fact that you can't deal with this is rather pitiful. Just shorthop airdodge and then aerial into the ground every time somebody throws a nanner at you.

Skyflyer

Smash Journeyman
Well it depends, are you talking about Banana based Techniques (Dribbling and the like), or just general Banana usage? (Just Throwing it at you and comboing with a Smash or something)
The latter.

Skyflyer

Smash Journeyman
A few facts about Diddy and his mains:

-Diddy is not the only person who can use his bananas.
-Diddy can get combod by bananas.
-Many characters are better at this than Diddy.
-Many Diddy mains almost give you their bananas.

The fact that you can't deal with this is rather pitiful. Just shorthop airdodge and then aerial into the ground every time somebody throws a nanner at you.
I never said I couldn't deal with it peckerhead.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Learn to catch Bananas and turn them against him. MK has a glidetoss and COMBOS from it, so learn to abuse that against Diddy.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Wow, do I have to edit in a disclaimer?
If your thread isn't johns it's pointless. Seeing as character's have a limited moveset, of which only a subset are useful, almost every 'spams.'

Hey guys, we're all spamming jump. We should stop before random MKmain28721928 gets angry at us for jumping over his downsmash.

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
Spamming is an art.
Bananas are an art, NOT spam at all. LoLoLz.

Skyflyer is NOT saying that he hates bananas, cant deal with them, or gets owned by them etc...
Skyflyer IS just saying that he wants the Diddy community to recognize bananas as spam and not an art, thats all this thread is about. Use less either way lolz.

-advent-

Nibbles 2

Smash Apprentice
It sounds like someone just spent the last few matches getting diddy-owned...

Smash Rookie
Ok, I need to vent so here goes. Some of you can probably guess what this is going to be about, but honestly, I don't give a f*ck. Today I'm going to talk about bananas. As you may know this is diddy's best move. It is used far more than any other move by diddy mains.

But lets get to the point here. Most of you use diddy's bannas a lot and some nearly the whole match. The thing is IT'S SPAM. You guys say "It takes skill to use bananas so it's not spamming, it's an art ololololololol". Ok, this has to be some of the most ******** bull**** I have ever heard in my whole life. The smash wiki definition is using a move repetitvely. That's what you people do. Just because it has a high learning curve doesn't exempt it from beong spam. One you get good at it, then it will become automatic and as easy to spam as pit's arrows

BTW: I CAN DEAL WITH BANANAS. IT'S THE FACT THAT YOU ALL THINK JUST BECAUSE IT HAS A HIGH LEARNING CURVE IT ISN'T SPAM THAT IS PISSING ME OFF.
Once my bro was playing as Diddy Kong, and since he doesn't know how to use him...
... HE KEPT THROWING BANANAS... I agree, it is VERY spammy and not skill!

Luigi player

Smash Master
Well, who exactly doesn't spam in Brawl?

It's just that bananaspam takes more skill than any other spam, and that's why we don't like it compared to it.

Because other people just press one button or something...

Bananas take more skill. It might be spam if it's used over and over again, but it's still not a regular or easy spam.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Skyflyer is NOT saying that he hates bananas, cant deal with them, or gets owned by them etc...
Skyflyer IS just saying that he wants the Diddy community to recognize bananas as spam and not an art, thats all this thread is about. Use less either way lolz.

-advent-
This.

*End of thread*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom