• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Percents Link's Attacks Break Crouch Cancel

jtm94

Smash Lord
There is bound to be some slight % variance, I had some weird instances where a move randomly broke crouch, but I was never able to replicate it. This is likely due to character specific spacing that I am not fully aware of. Also, I checked the % moving up and down by 1 each time to verify an exact percent.

Note that these are the %s where the move will BREAK crouch cancelling, but NOT asdi down in tandem with crouch cancelling. At these ranges the move will only force knockdown if the opponent continually holds down. Feel free to extrapolate from and expand upon my work for accuracy.

Attachments

Last edited:

EmptySky00

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1263-6981-9999
Link breaks crouch at 0, this can't possibly be correct.

I like this.
Link feels really good now. I think he's in a good spot.

Last edited:

AuraMaudeGone

Smash Ace
There is bound to be some slight % variance, I had some weird instances where a move randomly broke crouch, but I was never able to replicate it. This is likely due to character specific spacing that I am not fully aware of. Also, I checked the % moving up and down by 1 each time to verify an exact percent.

Note that these are the %s where the move will BREAK crouch cancelling, but NOT asdi down. At these ranges the move will only force knockdown if the opponent continually holds down. Feel free to extrapolate from and expand upon my work for accuracy.
By chance were you using this calculator for these results or were you doing this by hand?

jtm94

Smash Lord
I get bored sometimes.
Also I didn't use Bowser because of crouch armor interference, so I used DK the 2nd heaviest character.

Thor

Smash Champion
You just list "Dtilt", but dtilt has a tip hitbox that launches upward and a meteor smash hitbox that launches downward [and is therefore better at breaking CC]. Which hitbox did you use in testing?

jtm94

Smash Lord
They both force knockdown at the same percent in my testing that's why I didn't differentiate.
The meteor hitbox of course causes flinching against the opponents that it does not knock down though, which is safer than the outer hitbox.

TheGravyTrain

Smash Ace
NNID
Theboyingreen
So you tested crouch cancel (1/3 knockback due to crouch), but not asdi down? I dont really understand that. Wouldn't knock down percents be breaking true cc+asdi down or is my understanding of what "beating crouch cancel" wrong. I've been curious about it, havent found the place to ask yet.

EmptySky00

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1263-6981-9999
From my understanding ASDI down is broken when your character is launched away and it can no longer force knockdown.

jtm94

Smash Lord
So you tested crouch cancel (1/3 knockback due to crouch), but not asdi down? I dont really understand that. Wouldn't knock down percents be breaking true cc+asdi down or is my understanding of what "beating crouch cancel" wrong. I've been curious about it, havent found the place to ask yet.
I tested CC+asdi down. These percents are the percents when the move will cause the opponent to land on the ground and be able to tech, or do a getup option. Theoretically at these percents if you can manage to CC, but stop holding down to avoid asdi you would be launched, but the asdi might initiate the frame you are hit. I am not a reliable source for info on this topic, I merely provided a chart as to when each move will cause a character to land on the ground by breaking crouch cancel and asdi down.

Top Bottom