• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What past stages would you like to return as DLC?

What past stages would you like to return as DLC?

• Total voters

Kabutops

Smash Journeyman
I left out a few stages like Planet Zebes & Sector Z since I felt like they were replaced by Brinstar & Corneria of Melee. And I can't go back and add them either so that sucks.

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Fountain of Dreams. There's literally no reason for it to not be in the game.
I'd like some more N64 stages too, like Saffron City.

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
Fountain of Dreams, Meta Crystal and Yoshi's Story (Melee) are my favorite stages for 1v1's (Especially Meta Crystal! Best place for Mario vs Luigi, IMHO); I've had some fun and intense bouts on these stages, I'd gladly shell out cash to play these stages with an HD polish (provided the price is reasonable).

Last edited:

T1T0

Smash Journeyman
NNID
12321a
I would like to see New Pork City again even though it's a big stage, also Saffron City for nostalgia's sake

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
Hey, we already have Kongo Jungle! Let's add Saffron, Dream Land 64, YI64, MushKing, Peach's Castle, and Meta Crystal! Bonus points if they get a PM-esque remaster this time out.:4pacman:

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Pirate Ship is basically all I want back. It was my favorite stage in Brawl/PM.
Though I would also like to see Fountain of Dreams make a return as this game could use a few more legal stages.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Fountain of Dreams, Pirate Ship, and if Snake returns as DLC, Shadow Moses better come with

BubbaDuke

Smash Apprentice
I'd rather get some new stages honestly.

I know PM just got it, but Bowser's Castle needs to make it's smash Debut.

I was really hoping Mewtwo would bring a Cerulean Cave stage or something.

If the Inklings get added to this game that series could bring an interesting stage.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
I ended up voting for 19 stages. I would like most of the new stages from the 3DS version as well.

Weedy Spyze

Smash Apprentice
Fountain of Dreams, like many others who have posted in this thread. I also miss Melee's Yoshi Story stage (aka the good Yoshi stage from that game, I have always hated the SMW one they keep bringing back) and Princess Peach's Castle. It's a shame they brought back so many Brawl stages instead of more sorely missed N64/Melee ones.

clydeaker

Smash Journeyman
Although including past stage DLC would be awesome, You can rebuild past stages in stage builder.
Here are some neat YouTube videos I found that has accurate blueprints of many past stages from Smash 64, Melee, Brawl, and 3DS.

Last edited:

Muro

Smash Lord
Voted for frigate, brinstar and yoshi's island. Also would like pokemon stadium 1.

kantoskies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kanto-skies
Saffron City, Hyrule Castle, Yoshi's Island 64, Fountain of Dreams, Princess Peach's Castle, Mute City, Corneria, Brinstar, Poke Floats, Pokemon Stadium 1 (should replace PS2), Icicle Mountain, and Pirate Ship

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
It's easier to say which stages shouldn't return. Great stages there, I hope DLC brings them almost all back. Also I hope the best 3DS stages end up on WiiU at some point. I loved Mute City, Dream Land, the Paper Mario stage, but it's been months since I've played on them. Exclusive stages are such a stupid idea.

clydeaker

Smash Journeyman
I never really enjoyed playing on any of the Mushroom Kingdom including stages along with Mario Bros.(Brawl). Probably because you can walk off screen, the block placement is obnoxious and in the way, and there are annoying hazards

kantoskies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kanto-skies
To be perfectly honest any Melee stage would be good (except Big Blue). Preferably ones that weren't in Brawl but if they brought back all of them I would be super happy. Melee had the best (and most balanced series-wise) stage selection in the series.

PIRATE_DiToP

Smash Rookie
I actually enjoyed Rainbow Cruise quite a bit. And seeing it in HD, oh man. But all in all I'd prefer to keep stages out of the DLC aisle. It's already a bit of a stretch to add DLC characters (Which I for one am ok with but just barely). I can't imagine how big the explosion would be once the community hears about something like this.

kantoskies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kanto-skies
I actually enjoyed Rainbow Cruise quite a bit. And seeing it in HD, oh man. But all in all I'd prefer to keep stages out of the DLC aisle. It's already a bit of a stretch to add DLC characters (Which I for one am ok with but just barely). I can't imagine how big the explosion would be once the community hears about something like this.
I feel the complete opposite hahah, they need to focus more on stages for DLC (imo, obviously). The character roster was fine (not that it couldn't use a few improvements like Dixie Kong or Impa) but the stage list was pretty subpar. I mean, 3 more new stages than in Melee? Most returning stages from Brawl? No new Earthbound or F-Zero stage and only one new DK/Zelda/Pokemon/Metroid/Star Fox/Yoshi/Kirby stage? At the very least they should add in a lot more non-Brawl past stages (like a 64 pack, Melee packs, maybe one Brawl pack) but it'd also be cool if they did more new stages based off recent games (Super Bell Hill or maybe a Mario Maker stage, a Splatoon stage, Zelda Wii U whenever that comes out). They should also bring over some of the 3DS-exclusive stages (looking at you, Magicant).

Just imagine Fountain of Dreams in HD...

Falcon1991

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Falcon1991
I really loved the Fourside stage in Melee. Something about being in the city at night and the mysteriousness of it all. :)

If not Fourside, then defo Saffron City, with either the same Pokemon sprites or whatever you'd call them, or remastered ones.

CrazyPerson

Smash Journeyman
Corneria was a favorite Brawl level of mine...

Also liked Hyrule Castle.

Great Bay and Shadow Moses Island wouldn't make sense without young link and snake respectively.

With this said, maps should be good sized map packs... not individual releases.Or have an option to buy all the 64/melee/brawl levels for a discounted price.

Last edited:

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Metal Cavern would be really cool, although I almost went with Mushroom Kingdom 2.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Saffron City and Fourside... We need our city stages back!

Also Fountain of Dreams is beautiful and has beautiful music.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Well, it'd actually be quicker to list the ones I didn't vote for because I want all of them except for two; and those two being Flat Zone (since it is included in Flat Zone X) and Mario Bros.

D

Deleted member

Yoshi's Story, I would love to see it back since it's a simple stage, it looks great and the music is awesome.

Pikmin-ism42

Smash Journeyman
An HD Summit would be rather awesome. Whilst that stage had very little competitive value, it was was pretty awesome! I mean, it starts off as the summit of a mountain, which then slips off into a vast body of water starring none other than the fish from Baloon Fight, which then freezes and turns into yet another mountain!

Also, whilst I haven't gotten my hands on Melee yet (:eek:), Brinstar Depths and Fourside look like pretty funny stages, though I'm not sure many will agree with me regarding Brinstar Depths.

Top Bottom