• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What other ways can I keep off or put on pressure

Brocolli123

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4897-6887-1972
Basically when I am playing Pit, to get people away from me I will normally use my down or forward smash. I end up going really bad otherwise, but it makes me predictable. also what are good approaches, I try nair, fair, and side b to nair/fair but I suspect that they are all pretty punishable

dude it's raining

Smash Journeyman
I'm working on frame data right now, but it's not done yet, so I can't verify yet whether anything I say here is true.

I don't think Nair is safe on shield (IIRC, Pit is terrible on shield). Instead of approaching with Fair and Nair, you need to use them to call out your opponent's approaches by spacing with them. Put their hitboxes where your opp wants to be.
It's tuff to space, but you can pressure your opp to approach with arrows. They have so much lag now that you have to be careful tho.

SideB aerials can be a decent mixup. Don't overuse it, but you can use it to keep your opp honest about their spacing.

As far as getting out of pressure, Crouchcancel Dsmash is nice, but I'm pretty sure you just need to be solid with your dash dancing. Pit doesn't have Marth's dashdance, but it's decent. If you can nail it, ideally you'll be shielding less and dashdancing more when you need to.

I guess the only good approach I myself have is dash in and grab, then CC grab if they hit me. Like I'll do a dash in, shield, shield grab, then hold down and forward and mash grab if they hit me.

Last edited:

Limbose

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0748-3141-7837
Since pits aerials have so little landing lag, hitting something like fair right next to the ground, L-cancelling, and then grabbing I might be guaranteed, though I'd have to check. It's worked pretty well for me. Another way I've found that's good to approach is nair if you think someone's going to be out of shield. It beats a lot of stuff that's not super disjointed and at nearly all %s it can go straight into a grab. From grabs, you can combo and all that good stuff.
Nair out of shield is decent for keeping pressure off for some of the same reasons that it's good for approaching. It beats a lot of stuff and pokes them away from you, giving you a positioning advantage and stopping their pressure. It also starts up pretty quick.
Arrows are good for poking at a distance and forcing people to approach, but as stated in the post above, they've got a lot of lag so be careful of your spacing.

dude it's raining

Smash Journeyman
Since pits aerials have so little landing lag, hitting something like fair right next to the ground, L-cancelling, and then grabbing I might be guaranteed, though I'd have to check. It's worked pretty well for me. Another way I've found that's good to approach is nair if you think someone's going to be out of shield. It beats a lot of stuff that's not super disjointed and at nearly all %s it can go straight into a grab. From grabs, you can combo and all that good stuff.
Nair out of shield is decent for keeping pressure off for some of the same reasons that it's good for approaching. It beats a lot of stuff and pokes them away from you, giving you a positioning advantage and stopping their pressure. It also starts up pretty quick.
Arrows are good for poking at a distance and forcing people to approach, but as stated in the post above, they've got a lot of lag so be careful of your spacing.
Pit's aerials have landing lag of: 8 (Nair/Fair), 9 (Bair), 10 (Dair), & 11 (Uair).
Non-tether grabs are 7 frames.
My pit frame data does not have accurate hitstun/shieldstun values yet, so I don't know how safe Fair can be. I know the inside hit is stronger.
I doubt it could be safe, but maybe with an auto-cancel (4 frames)? It would depend on the hitstun/shieldstun. But Pit is infamous for his poor on-shield options.

OoS, UpB is fastest, then Usmash, then Nair. I like what you said about using Nair to catch ppl jumping out of shield 'n stuff.

Top Bottom