• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What...? No Options in WiFi?

Unknownlight

Smash Journeyman
I don't have any options in here. Am I not supposed to yet or something? :dizzy:
The options menu won't appear until Nintendo gets their servers up. It wasn't there originally for the Japanese copies too, later it was automatically updated.

Edit: Reading previous comments, I think nobody understood your question.

Hylian7

Smash Rookie
I was wondering the same thing. I looked in the most unconventional place for the answer: The instruction booklet. In it, it said, "Depending on when you play, you may see options appear under the Nintendo WiFi Connection Menu. The option spectator may appear under the "With Anyone" Menu in the same fashion."

There is a short half-page section on this, but I have a theory as to why it's not there yet. It's day one in the U.S., so they really don't have enough submissions for the Smash Service and Spectator mode. I think it will be up tomorrow.

Jayuss

Smash Rookie
I can turn on Smash Service and Allow Spectating in my game.

I would wait until a week or something until the servers are fixed. Currently there are alot of problems with the online right now.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
my roommate and I both got the game at the same time.

His copy has the options menu and mine doesn't. :(

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
I have the same problem. I don't have the options menu. What gives? Can someone explain what's going on?

Ralk

Smash Rookie
I read about the solution on the brawl central forums. I don't have the link handy, but you can go search there if you want verification.

Initially, my game did not have spectator made or the wifi options menu - the buttons were simply not there. I erased all my game data via the options menu, and spectator mode and the wifi options are now available. I'm not sure what causes this glitch. Someone theorized that brawl sometimes creates a bad save file.

I wasn't too bummed since I only had like 2 hours of gameplay in SSE. It might be a good idea to see if nintendo comes out with a fix if you have significantly more time invested. But, erasing all my data definitely fixed the problem for me.

An additional side effect of erasing my data is that I was assigned a new brawl friend code, so I'll have to reconstruct my friends list again.

Top Bottom