• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What needs to get done by Monday

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
You tested them GoG? The CG's are all still in?
Yes

Unlike previous changes, I did extensive frame analysis and *gasp* math in order to remove CG's without f*cking up follow-ups.
I don't know what happened but when I tested this afternoon all it did was add lag on a missed grab attempt. It did not add any lag to the throws.
Please don't come here bashing my changes as if I just did a rough addition of lag in order to remove something "gay". All my changes are done with precision. If there was now way for me to remove the CG without removing follow-ups, I WOULD NOT HAVE REMOVED THE CG.
All the work I did was aimed at removing/reducing CGs but keeping follow-ups. That's why I added +1 frame to Wario/Pika grab, because that's a change that certainly WON'T affect any follow-up other than another grab.
I'm sorry to offend you. Last change removed options. Porbably shouldn't have assumed these ones would have done the same, but at least you can understand where I came from.

As it stands, this is an attempt. If it doesn't remove the CG's, it should at least reduce the percentages in which they are escapable. Did you test that out too?
Yes, all the CGs seemed to be intact to the same percentages. I am no expert on the Lucario and Pika grabs, but Wario's was working as it always did.

In fact, GoG, all the changes "you had earlier" were not done with precision. Which is why they weren't well-received. If you look at my changes, you'll see they aren't drastic. I gave out all the numbers so that everyone knows exactly what changed. LOOK at them, the NUMBERS, not just the words.
What changes did I actually write now? Ganon's d-tilt? Well ya of course no one wanted that. It was an absurd change. I posted it in the off chance people thought 'saving' Ganon's followups on the Murder Choke was imperative enough to give Ganon a 2-3 frame poke. All I intended to show was that no amount of speeding up will save Ganon's followups sides making the move untechable.
The previous Ivy Dsmash change was a straight up speed-up of the move. Start-up and wind-down. This is a targeted Dsmash cooldown, simply inserted to let Ivy tech-chase out of it, since its angle of launch is great for that.
I admit I was wrong here and read too quickly. After testing I still thought it was a little too fast, but we can debate that later.
The Wario changes are simple. His Dsmash has 70 frames of wind-down. Seriously? There's no way to justify keeping that.
If you'll notice from my changes, I made it have 50 frames instead. That is still quite a lot of endlag, but it makes the move SO much more usable.
What about Snake's F-smash? Marth's B-throw? (I think that is the useless one) Falcon and Ganon's Punches? Point is we don't need to give good characters new skills. It's one thing to have Bowser and D3 with ****ty moves. They suck and buffing their useless moves is the most interesting way to make them usable. Ask Falco how good Wario is. The fact Wario got the d-tilt buff in with such little resistance from him is beyond me.

The Fsmash change was there for testing purposes. Kirby's Fsmash got nerfed when I saw little reason for it. *I* never nerf people. This line is there because people wanted to test it out.
Fair enough. It's comparing apples and oranges with those two smashes. That being said, I still stand by the fact it wasn't needed.

I would appreciate it, GoG, if you took the time to read up on my stuff and realize my goals and aims before you bash my work.
I'm sorry to offend you. Believe me I appreciate the frame speed changes you help us write. I thanked you countless times when you taught me how to use the **** thing. That being said, that doesn't mean I shouldn't be able to criticize them. I'll try and be less offensive from now on. It had been a long day and I was grouchy, shouldn't have taken it out on the coders. Fact is I'm sorry to offend you, the work you put in is great. I don't want to piss anyone off, I'm actually I nice guy.

Alopex

Smash Ace
What changes did I actually write now? Ganon's d-tilt? Well ya of course no one wanted that. It was an absurd change. I posted it in the off chance people thought 'saving' Ganon's followups on the Murder Choke was imperative enough to give Ganon a 2-3 frame poke. All I intended to show was that no amount of speeding up will save Ganon's followups sides making the move untechable.
When I said "you had earlier", I was just quoting you on the Ivy Dsmash changes you said we had earlier. It was the general "you". Dammmit, the general you is always lost on teh intarwebz.
"The changes we had earlier that were rejected."
Makes more sense now?

What about Snake's F-smash? Marth's B-throw? (I think that is the useless one) Falcon and Ganon's Punches? Point is we don't need to give good characters new skills. It's one thing to have Bowser and D3 with ****ty moves. They suck and buffing their useless moves is the most interesting way to make them usable. Ask Falco how good Wario is. The fact Wario got the d-tilt buff in with such little resistance from him is beyond me.
Snake Fsmash: 36 frames of wind-down. (start up is 41)
Marth Back Throw: 28 frames of wind-down.
Marth Down Throw: 21 frames of wind-down.
Ganon B start-up: 70 frames - Wind-down is clearly way less.
Falcon B start-up: Clearly way less than 70, given Dorf's.

So yeah, see what I'm getting at? Wario's Dsmash doesn't have the power that any of those powerhouse moves have, yet it has more lag than all of them. It's ********.

Really, is a reduction to 50 lag instead of 70 something you can actually say is inappropriate for a move like that? You can't really think I'm proposing an unreasonable change here...

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Ya makes sense. I'm sorry to 'blow up' on you. I've kinda pent up my frustration with changes since the Snake tilt nerf and seeing Wario's F-smash nerfed sent me over the edge. Once again I'm to get upset at all once when you make changes. :(

Still not sure Wario needs this 'buff'. 50 frames isn't gonna make it easier to land or somehow more safe. The move is a last ditch GTFO move. W/e. Point is I still think we are changing some things cause they are 'gay' but I suppose I should put in a little more testing. I'll try an report my disagreements earlier rather then sit around with 7-10 changes and blow up when I see the 11th.

Alopex

Smash Ace
One thing:

I would appreciate it, GoG, if you took the time to read up on my stuff and realize my goals and aims before you bash my work.

I'm sorry to offend you. Believe me I appreciate the frame speed changes you help us write. I thanked you countless times when you taught me how to use the **** thing. That being said, that doesn't mean I shouldn't be able to criticize them. I'll try and be less offensive from now on. It had been a long day and I was grouchy, shouldn't have taken it out on the coders. Fact is I'm sorry to offend you, the work you put in is great. I don't want to piss anyone off, I'm actually I nice guy.
You'll notice I said "before you bash my work". Meaning, go right ahead and bash it after you've fully informed yourself. It's not only your right to do so, it's the only thing that's let us get this far in the first place.

And I was never offended, just irked. It would take a LOT more than that to piss me off, lol.

I PM'd you more.

Team Giza

Smash Lord
Are we content with Ike's new awesome-sauce recovery? (I'm not)
I don't think we should get rid of Ike's ability to do stuff after his aerial side+B. I think it would be better just to give the move a little more lag. I played in a set when it was set to .65 speed and it felt really nice and looked fine too. It made his recovery better than normal without it being wtf good.

Top Bottom