• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Music Should I Listen To At Tournaments?

BluJay-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jednie
Heres my issue, I feel like I'm the kind of guy who would do better and be able to focus more while listening to music at a tournament. But what? I heard at some point that Leffen listens to classical music I belive. But that seems too slow. Now I feel like I should listen to some dubstep but Im not sure if that would be too overpowering and I'd end up just losing focus due to being so into the music. I'm attending a tournament next week and I would rather not screw up due to poor music choice. Plz help me!

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
If you listen to music you actually enjoy, then you'll feel more comfortable in your setting. Don't simply listen to music for the sole purpose of using it as a crutch, listen to it to relax.

BluJay-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jednie
If you listen to music you actually enjoy, then you'll feel more comfortable in your setting. Don't simply listen to music for the sole purpose of using it as a crutch, listen to it to relax.
Thank you!

Ansou

Smash Ace
NNID
Ansoulom
3DS FC
4897-5959-9210
I usually plug in my headphones to the Wii U Gamepad to listen to the game music and sound effects. That way I can still react to sounds from the game while I can focus better because I won't get distracted by people around me.

Steelballray

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ray-run
3DS FC
1263-8867-0397
This is... Pretentious as ****.

Just listen to whatever kind of music you like.
You sound like you just want to listen to music cause you see pros do it. It's not going to improve your playstyle or make up for any kind of training you didn't do.

All I can say is that you should use headphones/earphones that have good noise cancellation and isolation. Especially if you're the type of guy to get irritated when random people couch you with ****ty advices. I know I would be damn irritated if that happened.

Last edited:

BluJay-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jednie
This is... Pretentious as ****.

Just listen to whatever kind of music you like.
You sound like you just want to listen to music cause you see pros do it. It's not going to improve your playstyle or make up for any kind of training you didn't do.

All I can say is that you should use headphones/earphones that have good noise cancellation and isolation. Especially if you're the type of guy to get irritated when random people couch you with ****ty advices. I know I would be damn irritated if that happened.
It's just aperantly it helps hype you up to get ready for it and get into the swing of things. I just don't want to calm myself to much

William Sciambra

Smash Cadet
Heres my issue, I feel like I'm the kind of guy who would do better and be able to focus more while listening to music at a tournament. But what? I heard at some point that Leffen listens to classical music I belive. But that seems too slow. Now I feel like I should listen to some dubstep but Im not sure if that would be too overpowering and I'd end up just losing focus due to being so into the music. I'm attending a tournament next week and I would rather not screw up due to poor music choice. Plz help me!
I personally perfer something more chill because in game you want to stay calm and remember the gameplan that you set for yourself. I always am super chill so...

CptPuff

Smash Cadet
NNID
SonicHero007
3DS FC
3566-1570-4128
Definitely something you like and makes you feel all comfy, but maybe that shouldn't include something that demands as much attention as Death Grips, per se. You still wanna focus.

ChaikaBestGirl

Smash Journeyman
NNID
digdugfury
The music I listen to is usually other fighting game music. They're some games that really knew how to get something hype with their music, while some Nintendo classics have problems with that (looking at you KK Slider). I also listen to music from games that had really good bosses because the music was meant to pump you up for it.

My List:
  • Melty Blood: Actress Again
  • Skullgirls
  • Lethal League
  • Megaman Battle Network
  • Anarchy Reigns
  • Jojo's Bizarre Adventure songs
  • Panty & Stocking

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Rap music gets me motivated.

Just listen to whatever kind of music you listen to everyday.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Anything from this album gets me in the mood for a showdown.

I know a friend of mine swears that a musical score helps him concentrate on the action in Dark Souls. I'm sure the concept is transferable~ :3

AoS~Akito

Smash Rookie
NNID
Akiter
Tbh, listen to your favorite fast paced music. I usually don't play and listen to music at the same time. But if i were to chose I would listen to my favorite vgm remixes, glitch hop, drumstep, etc.

Megane-for-Life

Smash Cadet
NNID
megane-for-life
3DS FC
0533-5491-3147
Getcha' head in the game perfect for smash ahahaha

Last edited:

BluJay-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jednie
Tbh, listen to your favorite fast paced music. I usually don't play and listen to music at the same time. But if i were to chose I would listen to my favorite vgm remixes, glitch hop, drumstep, etc.
Wait.. Glitch hop ^^ omg I found these people named TheFatRat and OMFG and they are glitch hop!!! (Well omfg's style is a bit weird but awesome) thx so much

Yogurt

Smash Cadet
maybe listening to music from the game would help? That way you mind would still be on the game, and you would be able to space out anything else....

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Ryu Theme and Guile Theme...or Batman.

Top Bottom