• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What music do you want for Umbran Clock Tower?

Hockeyfan44

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shockwv478
What songs from the Bayonetta games would you like to hear as part of her stage in Smash? Now, I've never played a Bayonetta game, but I have been getting a listen to the music, and I've got some ideas.

Tomorrow is Mine
Moon River (Climax mix)
Let's Dance, Boys!
Mysterious Destiny
One of a Kind
Fly Me to the Moon

This is the first time I've started a thread on these boards, so if I've done this wrong, correct me if necessary.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
We could see they had Mysterious Destiny (Instrumental), but I hope it has MD with the lyrics as well.

Also thank goodness it has Let's Hit the Climax! (I think that's the name?) that's one of my faves.

D

Deleted member

They showcased the songs on the Final Presentation from about minute 28:00
  • Let's Hit The Climax
  • Mysterious Destiny
  • Tomorrow is mine
  • One of a Kind
  • Riders of the Light
  • Red & Black
  • Afterburner
  • Friendship
  • Let's Dance, Boys!
  • Legend of Aesir
  • Time for the Climax
Edit: Source

Last edited by a moderator:

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's a cover. If they could put it in bayonetta there's no reason they shouldn't be able to put it in smash.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Yep. So is Moon River. That's why they weren't released in the official soundtrack either
I kinds wish both songs weren't, it'd be cool if they were in the game(even though I'm gonna abuse the **** outta Let's Dance Boys)

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Personally I was sad to see Battle For the Umbra Throne wasn't included.

Smash can't handle the bag pipes I guess.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Seeing as the Xenoblade stage got a song from Baten Kaitos, I would have liked to see a Bayonetta stage get Tables Turn from the Wonderful 101.

Don't know how well it would fit this stage, but hopefully the next game gets a Wonderful 101 stage so we can get more music from that game.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
The music selection isn't perfect, but it's still very good!
Clearly better than Midgar and Suzaku Castle.

Having one Wonderful 101 song would have been cool... But we do have Afterburner, so we technically have one "guest song".

But I would choose this for the Umbra Clocktower stage.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
The music selection isn't perfect, but it's still very good!
Clearly better than Midgar and Suzaku Castle.
It definitely seems to me like Platinum Games and Kamiya were a lot more invested in the process. This is the kind of song selection I would have expected from all of the dlc newcomer franchises honestly. The Street Fighter and Final Fantasy selections were rather on the skimpy side. (especially considering they could have just ported a bunch of songs, there would hardly have been any work in it)

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
It definitely seems to me like Platinum Games and Kamiya were a lot more invested in the process. This is the kind of song selection I would have expected from all of the dlc newcomer franchises honestly. The Street Fighter and Final Fantasy selections were rather on the skimpy side. (especially considering they could have just ported a bunch of songs, there would hardly have been any work in it)
Yes, that what I think too.

For Street Fighter, I also think that they didn't want to have music that differ too much from the stage ambiance, as there's still good remixes. Although Chun-Li and Guile's themes would have been nice.

And then, we have Midgar... They even bothered to get Forest Maze and Chocobo theme for the Mii costumes presentation!

TippingScales

Smash Rookie
NNID
OrionRedPanda
3DS FC
0404-6223-9305
Would been nice to have both let's dance boys, maybe to the top, and In courage and Gallantry.

Outside of that, the songs the chose are like, actually some of the best in both games, so its okay.
Having the whole soundtrack of both games is just a dream :rotfl:, the reality is that they did a good job selecting the songs.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Would been nice to have both let's dance boys, maybe to the top, and In courage and Gallantry.

Outside of that, the songs the chose are like, actually some of the best in both games, so its okay.
Having the whole soundtrack of both games is just a dream :rotfl:, the reality is that they did a good job selecting the songs.
If Smash 4 were to have the full OST/soundtrack to Kid Icarus Uprising and Bayonetta 1-2 in the game, it'd be game of the universe(also having the entire Xenoblade Chronicles soundtrack and replacing Pittoo with Viridi and Magnus)

TippingScales

Smash Rookie
NNID
OrionRedPanda
3DS FC
0404-6223-9305
If Smash 4 were to have the full OST/soundtrack to Kid Icarus Uprising and Bayonetta 1-2 in the game, it'd be game of the universe(also having the entire Xenoblade Chronicles soundtrack and replacing Pittoo with Viridi and Magnus)
But dud, who else would we make fun of?
corrin? thats too usual!

lol really, dark pit is a joke for me and has created a lot of jokes, in his game or in smash.

that would be gorgeus, Im still a bit dissapointed kid icarus barely got good songs, like they are not bad, I like them all, but, Uprising is loaded with great soundtrack and you only grab .... heh and the amazing Magnus theme and heh...
or maybe its just me, I believe the whole smash soundtrack is AMAZING yet lacking, like, its great for sure, but not for a fighting game, like who truly thinks of gaur plains as a fighting song, its still in my faves but I dont want to hear it while i have a thrilling fight with friends or online.

I think its just anti climatic, but still the best out there.

Arti

Smash Cadet
NNID
Arti31415
3DS FC
2621-3001-2960
I would have loved Battle for the Umbra Throne, You May Call Me Father, and Space Harrier, but the music selection we wound up with is still pretty amazing

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Yes, that what I think too.

For Street Fighter, I also think that they didn't want to have music that differ too much from the stage ambiance, as there's still good remixes. Although Chun-Li and Guile's themes would have been nice.

And then, we have Midgar... They even bothered to get Forest Maze and Chocobo theme for the Mii costumes presentation!
In a way it makes me more interested in the idea of smaller and indie developers getting characters in....because you know they'd go all out.

Jinlennon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jinlennon
What songs from the Bayonetta games would you like to hear as part of her stage in Smash? Now, I've never played a Bayonetta game, but I have been getting a listen to the music, and I've got some ideas.

Tomorrow is Mine
Moon River (Climax mix)

Let's Dance, Boys!
Mysterious Destiny
One of a Kind
Fly Me to the Moon

This is the first time I've started a thread on these boards, so if I've done this wrong, correct me if necessary.
Simply perfect.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I think the main reason why Bayo's music selection is so good is because SEGA likely let Platinum deal with the legal loops and Nintendo for Bayonetta's inclusion.

Notshane

Smash Ace
You guys can always do what I do and just set the music to not play at all, leave sound effects on and play the songs you want through your television speakers. It works quite well for me.

Douglas Jay Ganon

Smash Apprentice
Is Let's Dance Boys! there?. *cheks* OK, I just have enough Bayonneta songs, no reason to add more.

Jokes aside, I wanted the soundtrack that plays when you fight the Masked Lumen
Balder
. It has 3 parts, but the part when Argento (or whatever, the Dog demon) fights Sappience it's the more epic part.
Also, Blood & Darkness makes me umbra climax my pants.

Last edited:

DragonBlade64

Smash Apprentice
I'd rather have the lyric versions of Mysterious Destiny and Tomorrow is Mine, as well as Fly Me to the Moon and Moon River, but as others have already said, they probably can't due to copyrights and legal issues, but overall I'm fine with what we're getting.

At first, I was a bit disappointed that there doesn't appear to be any new remixes (aside from instrumentals), but then I realized that the Bayonetta soundtracks are pretty much perfect the way they are.

Top Bottom