• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Music do you listen to while playing smash?

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
I mean, if I'm playing with my friends or at home or whatever, I usually just listen to the OST.

I've taken headphones to tournaments before, but I've never really used them. Playing without at least vaguely hearing the sound effects is weird to me. Most use they've ever gotten was when somebody else asked to borrow them.

Edit: Also, welcome to SmashBoards! If you need help finding your way around, make a post in the Welcome Center, and someone should be there to help you out. :)

Last edited:

WhiteLion

Smash Cadet
It's cool to see the variation here, I've found that a lot of music from the Smash documentary is really good for playing. Also, thank you Nixon for the warm welcome!

D

Deleted member

I usually just listen to the music that it's in the game. Sometimes, not too often though I'll listen to anime openings and ending. For some reason it just goes really well with Smash.

MonadoMaster64

Smash Cadet
I usually listen to video game osts. My favorites are almost all of the sonic games, Persona 4, and Blazblue.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I listen to the music in game. Smash Bros has the best collection of music (in my opinion) in any game, why would I want to listen to anything else?

Although I'm not really into listening to music over the music natively found in games. It's a bit weird.

It annoys me when I want to watch a gameplay video on youtube and they have some other music playing over the gameplay.

Last edited:

BeBetterGamer

Smash Rookie
NNID
BeBetterGamer
When I'm playing the regular modes or events or anything like that, I listen to the regular soundtrack because there's so much great iconic music in the game.

But when I'm on For Glory and trying to get "in the zone" I listen to my curated Daft Punk station on Pandora. Listening to a lot of dance/house/electronic/techno etc. music really helps me keep focus and goes well with the game.

Raijinken

Smash Master
I listen to Smash's music. Soundscapes are an important component in a game's over-all feel. If I'm playing with audio (which makes me perform notably better than without, as I'm an aural player), I'm also certainly too lazy to go into settings to turn down music I like.

Dokokashira

Smash Journeyman
I'm with the sentiment that I just listen to the game's music, though I do often choose specific stages just for their music. For example, if my opponent wants to battle on Omega stages, I always choose Mushroom Kingdom U, Woolly World, Onett, or Pilotwings, and rarely any others, since I love their music so much.

I could never play my own music while playing. The differences in volumes would bother me too much if I just turned off the game's music, while I'd miss out on sound cues for attacks and such if I turned off all of the game's audio.

Kai_64

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kai9001
I normally just turn my monitor up really loud, if I feel like it I will listen to Daft Punk or Outkast.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
If with friends, the game soundtrack. If alone, Touhou arranges and Hatsune Miku songs, mostly with a dance or otherwise techno beat to keep me pumped

CrazyPerson

Smash Journeyman
I don't have anything external... without the mix of iun game music and sound effects my play would be thrown off.

But... I did turn the frequency of music from a game my friend wasn't good at up... in hopes he will channel that into a sup par performance against me... thus far it hasn't worked.

Top Bottom